• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M7] 1st Bane of Buildings Tournament - Figure vs. Nora Brynhildr (0-3-0)

ExSENNA

Any/All
Welcome to the Seventh Match of the First Round of the 1st Bane of Buildings Tournament! (Bracket) (Event Leaderboard)

On the blue corner, we have Figure, submitted by @LeoEpicGamer8910!
On the red corner, we have Nora Brynhildr, submitted by @Phoenks!
Duel 7, let's go!

Figure is 1.14 Tons, Nora is 0.27 Tons normally, 2.7 Tons with 200%. Figure has 4.2x AP advantage normally. Nora has 2.3x times AP advantage with 200%.
Figure has Class K, Nora has Class 10 normally, Class 100 with 200%. Figure has LS Advantage.

Key 1 Nora is used.
Anything above High 8-C is restricted
Speed equalized.
The location is the Gates of Hell
The starting distance is 15 meters.

Figure:
Nora:3
Incon (coin flip):

Last edited:
Alrighty so the man, the myth, the man Figure will be opening with Danmaku explosions. Keep in mind that he'll be moving faster and faster as the fight progresses due to moving faster with agitated. He is quite easily angered.

How soon will Nora resort to using 200%? I feel like Figure could just ambush (hehe) her with explosions before she uses 200% and just use the LS difference to rip her apart or slam her into the ground Smash Bros. style.

I'll get to this match at some point. I kinda wanna talk to my dude Nova for this before I come into the debate this time.

This man Nova forgot his login information 💀 so I gotta carry again. This time I got the info from the jump.

Nora is pretty simple, not gonna lie. She swings her sword and plays some trickery.

Nora is gonna use her sword to block the explosives. Her sword is pretty much unbreakable and is much bigger than her body which makes this pretty a useful tactic. Even if it is broken via dura neg she can spawn another one. Her sword doubles as shield due to its size.

For close range her sword is pretty nuts here. Ambushing her seems like a bad idea lol. She has so much additional range for close combat. Her sword is like 10 foot long. And she can even increase its size. Combining with piercing damage even a AP gap of this measure is probably not going to cut it. Because her sword doubles as a shield she can simultaneously attack and defend against explosives.

And if he gets close to her he is going to get pieced up by that sword range and end up dead before he can do anything. Also, it's not like Nora can't just... Move backwards.

She can also throw her sword a far distance and teleport if back into her hands as a ranged attack as well if she tries to stay away from her.

As for her mindset, apparently Nora would think this dude is completely hideous so she is more willing to kill it than she would be with a normal person. Nova compared this to somebody seeing a cockroach in her house and wanting to absolutely annihilate it.

Nova mentioned that if Figure was to ambush her it would raise her Id level to the point that she'd enter 200% mode. Id is the instinctive/primitive part of the mind in psychological philosophy, for reference.

If her Id hits a certain point she is granted a primitive desire. Nova mentioned that this would probably manifest as some way to halt Figure's movement.

I think the fight is pretty much over if she hits 200% anyway though. Her speed is amped by nearly 10x over and she gets a 2x AP advantage over Figure. Not sure what he could do against that. Even with arbitrary speed increases over the course of the fight, a sharp increase of 10x is most likely a bit too much to handle. I think that is probably the strongest part of her kit.

As for skill, Nora is able to fight people with instinctive reactions like Almace, who can passively evade attacks via primitive instinct alone. Her maneuvers with a sword are mentioned to be "inhuman." She also evolves in skill as the fight progresses since she's quite physically adaptable.

So Senna added a new rule, but I don't think it really affects Nora since she isn't normally slower than Figure is. Superhuman vs Subsonic.

Nora is the one who has had her speed nerfed through equalization.

I didnt really add a rule since that rule already existed in vs threads, i just integrated it into the tournament where speed amps would be restricted for characters that are slower

I didnt really add a rule since that rule already existed in vs threads, i just integrated it into the tournament where speed amps would be restricted for characters that are slower
Alright then. Well yeah, so Nora isn't affected in this match specifically. That's all I wanted to make clear.

Hopefully the people in her next matches aren't hyper speed...

Back