• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M6] 1st Bane of Buildings Tournament - Tails vs. Drudge (3-0-0)

ExSENNA

Any/All
Welcome to the Sixth Match of the First Round of the 1st Bane of Buildings Tournament! (Bracket) (Event Leaderboard)

On the blue corner, we have Tails, submitted by @MintyBoi1!
On the red corner, we have Drudge, submitted by @ExSENNA!
Duel 6, let's go!

Tails is 0.007 Tons, Drudge is 0.83 Tons. Drudge has a 118.5x AP advantage.
Tails has Class M, Drudge has Class K LS. Tails has LS Advantage.

Key 1 Drudge is used. Body Fusion is restricted
Anything above High 8-C is restricted
Speed equalized.
The location is the Gates of Hell
The starting distance is 15 meters.

Drudge:
Tails: 3
Incon (coin flip):

Last edited:
So, Drudge is sneaky and will try to sneak around and ambush Tails. But since Gates of Hell is an open field without many places to cower and hide, it will be less effective.

Drudge isn't particularly smart but is smart enough to know he can't ambush in that environment. In this case, he'll summon several other Druges near herself, usually 2-3, and rush Tails. They're all blood lusted and very aggressive. Killing the original is enough, obviously.

Drudges smite Tails with a single hit due to comical AP advantage, their strikes also exude Sufferstrike which curses the target with negative ailments such as disease and pain even if the target avoided the attack, as long as they strike close enough. curse starts slow but builds up quite fast to the point it can cause Tails to have a bad time, especially given there is 3-4 Drudges here rushing at him

So Tails has LS and he should be smart enough to tell he’s outclassed AP wise. He should be able to do what he did to Luigi and just grab and hold Drudge, not letting them get away. He also has the Spin Dash to dura neg Drudge and their clones with piercing damage. Tails has some good skill, taking on Luigi who was skilled with weapons and powerups and is very small, making him harder to catch. I can see him catching Drudge or cutting them up.

So Tails has LS and he should be smart enough to tell he’s outclassed AP-wise. He should be able to do what he did to Luigi and just grab and hold Drudge, not letting them get away. He also has the Spin Dash to Dura Neg Drudge and their clones with piercing damage. Tails has some good skill, taking on Luigi who was skilled with weapons and powerups and is very small, making him harder to catch. I can see him catching Drudge or cutting them up.
Seems fair, but keep in mind Drudge will summon others right away. There will be 3-4 Drudges here, with each of them being able to one-shot him. Can Tails grab+cut all of them before any of them just one-shot him?

Drudge has some regen if that's relevant here

Seems fair, but keep in mind Drudge will summon others right away. There will be 3-4 Drudges here, with each of them being able to one-shot him. Can Tails grab+cut all of them before any of them just one-shot him?

Drudge has some regen if that's relevant here
That regen would be a steep wall, but leaving her decapitated if he could would be a Tails win by incap. The Spin Dash would have to be aimed well but boy can fly. He also has flashbacks and shields if the clones try jumping him. Those plus speed amps and IQ will give him some good odds

That regen would be a steep wall, but leaving him decapitated if he could would be a Tails win. The Spin Dash would have to be aimed well but boy can fly. He also has flashbacks and shields if the clones try jumping him. Those plus speed amps and IQ will give him some good odds
Drudges are all female btw

I'm not sure what you said about multiple of them. Drudge summons them and they typically flood their targets, rushing from different angles. All will not gather in one place. Wouldn't at least one of them just one-shot Tails while he's busy dealing with others?

Drudges are all female btw

I'm not sure what you said about multiple of them. Drudge summons them and they typically flood their targets, rushing from different angles. All will not gather in one place. Wouldn't at least one of them just one-shot Tails while he's busy dealing with others?
Yeah I saw.

A flashbang and his forcefield are AOE so they can’t just beat him to death. Especially if he just tries flying above them and dropping bombs. He lacks the AP to really damage them, but the countless bombs exploding would surely distract them long enough for Tails to spindash.

Yeah I saw.

A flashbang and his forcefield are AOE so they can’t just beat him to death. Especially if he just tries flying above them and dropping bombs. He lacks the AP to really damage them, but the countless bombs exploding would surely distract them long enough for Tails to spindash.
I mean, Drudges have senses keen enough to keep track of Tails regardless of his bombing especially considering those won't even damage them. Drudges spend their entire lives in battlefields where they either die before a year old or grow to become a Varlet. Since this is a 8-C Drudge this means it's likely over a year old at least. They aren't distracted from their targets on large battlefields so I'm not sure why Tail Nothing bombs would distract them from Tails

Drudges do have experience in fighting those with vastly superior LS than theirs considering most people in Crestseal have Pre-Stellar LS

I mean, Drudges have senses keen enough to keep track of Tails regardless of his bombing especially considering those won't even damage them. Drudges spend their entire lives in battlefields where they either die before a year old or grow to become a Varlet. Since this is a 8-C Drudge this means it's likely over a year old at least. They aren't distracted from their targets on large battlefields so I'm not sure why Tail Nothing bombs would distract them from Tails

Drudges do have experience in fighting those with vastly superior LS than theirs considering most people in Crestseal have Pre-Stellar LS
What about the pain from having light explode on their eyes? And wouldn’t them having enhanced senses actually make things worse? There’s tens of explosions going off at once, it’ll be loud. And Tails can still grab them and drop them if there’s anywhere to remove them from the battlefield.

What about the pain from having light explode on their eyes? And wouldn’t them having enhanced senses actually make things worse? There’s tens of explosions going off at once, it’ll be loud. And Tails can still grab them and drop them if there’s anywhere to remove them from the battlefield.
I guess if they would get distracted and less effective when shiny light and loud explosions were present, they couldn't be a viable attack option for the Swarm, deployed in massive battlefields where entire planet are warzones with Tier 7s and Tier 6s clashing. As for Tails grabbing and dropping, it's not like Tails is so fast he can remove Drudges from the battlefield and win that way, they'd all be chasing him the whole time if he's grabbing one of them. Plus, each time he attempts to grab he's in major risk of getting smited given even a flick of a finger from Drudges would kill him due to AP gap

Last edited:
I guess if they would get distracted and less effective when shiny light and loud explosions were present, they couldn't be a viable attack option for the Swarm, deployed in massive battlefields where entire planet are warzones with Tier 7s and Tier 6s clashing. As for Tails grabbing and dropping, it's not like Tails is so fast he can remove Drudges from the battlefield and win that way, they'd all be chasing him the whole time if he's grabbing one of them. Plus, each time he attempts to grab he's in major risk of getting smited given even a flick of a finger from Drudges would kill him due to AP gap
But he has small size and would be flying above them the whole time. He also has his forcefield and I still think a flashbang directly to the eyes should be effective with nothing suggesting Drudge could just shake that off. Tails’ intelligence and skill should let him avoid getting swiped at by unorganized units.

Now that I think about it, Tails could actually use the magic hand and his LS advantage to hold some back as well. He also has the Projectile Ring which can latch to things so that would help him grab them and get away quickly.

But he has small size and would be flying above them the whole time. He also has his forcefield and I still think a flashbang directly to the eyes should be effective with nothing suggesting Drudge could just shake that off. Tails’ intelligence and skill should let him avoid getting swiped at by unorganized units.

Now that I think about it, Tails could actually use the magic hand and his LS advantage to hold some back as well. He also has the Projectile Ring which can latch to things so that would help him grab them and get away quickly.
Yes he's small but his profile says he's about 80 centimeters while Drudge is as big as an average woman, which is about 160cm, so the size difference between them is nto really that significant. Flight is definitely an advantage though.

I'm not sure what his forcefield does. Flashbang would affect them somewhat but keep in mind they already spend their entire live in chaotic battlefields and can sense targets as small as ants from dozens of meters away in said battlefields, so I don't think they would lose track of Tails because of flashbang to eyes since they don't necessarily need their eyes to track Tails.

Projectile Ring seems to have several meters range, which is more than Drudge's extended melee range. Grab get away then what? I just don't think he's gonna grab them and finish them of before at least 1 of the Drudges get a hit in him tbh (Tails only need to kill the original, though Drudges all look similar)

I'm not sure what his forcefield does. Flashbang would affect them somewhat but keep in mind they already spend their entire live in chaotic battlefields and can sense targets as small as ants from dozens of meters away in said battlefields, so I don't think they would lose track of Tails because of flashbang to eyes since they don't necessarily need their eyes to track Tails.

Projectile Ring seems to have several meters range, which is more than Drudge's extended melee range. Grab get away then what? I just don't think he's gonna grab them and finish them of before at least 1 of the Drudges get a hit in him tbh (Tails only need to kill the original, though Drudges all look similar)
It’s a shield that completely surrounds Tails. It no selled attacks from Luigi who could harm him. Even if the flashbang distracts them for just a second, Tails can charge up a Spin Dash or grab a drudge in that time, making his job easier.

Wouldn’t Tails just be able to recognize the original since it starts as just the one? Even if he doesn’t know, I feel starting with the original is always the prime strategy. If he only needs to grab them, that should definitely be possible. It’s not like 3-4 is that big a number when Tails just has to use his flight and tools to keep Drudge off his back for a little while. That actually makes things a lot easier for him.

Hold up, I forgot something. Body Fusion.

Swarm can fuse with and inhabit each other's bodies, and up to a dozen Drudges usually live in the body of a single one, and striking that one causes others to come out, all of them being able to summon 2-3 more Drudges who themselves also have others fused with them and will come out.

Goddamn it. Either I need to restrict body fusion (meaning none of her matches can be added) or change character real quick. I'm silly lol

Hold up, I forgot something. Body Fusion.

Swarm can fuse with and inhabit each other's bodies, and up to a dozen Drudges usually live in the body of a single one, and striking that one causes others to come out, all of them being able to summon 2-3 more Drudges who themselves also have others fused with them and will come out.

Goddamn it. Either I need to restrict body fusion (meaning none of her matches can be added) or change character real quick. I'm silly lol
Yeah, that sounds overwhelming. Would Tails decapitating or dropping the original Drudge let him avoid that?

Yeah, that sounds overwhelming. Would Tails decapitating or dropping the original Drudge let him avoid that?
I don't have any 8-C characters to replace Drudge with, so I restrict Body Fusion and proceed. I guess that's fine

It’s a shield that completely surrounds Tails. It no selled attacks from Luigi who could harm him. Even if the flashbang distracts them for just a second, Tails can charge up a Spin Dash or grab a drudge in that time, making his job easier.

Wouldn’t Tails just be able to recognize the original since it starts as just the one? Even if he doesn’t know, I feel starting with the original is always the prime strategy. If he only needs to grab them, that should definitely be possible. It’s not like 3-4 is that big a number when Tails just has to use his flight and tools to keep Drudge off his back for a little while. That actually makes things a lot easier for him.
Anyway. Drudge has over 100x AP advantage, wouldn't they just break through it? Flashbang isn't really enough of a distraction to give Tails much of an advantage as it won't stagger Drudges who can still keep track of him. What is Spin Dash and how does it work? How will Tails neg Drudge's colossal dura?

Ye tails can but if they go in and out of his line of sight he might mix them up, not very likely but worth mentioning. I'm not sure what Tails actually does after grabbing and how he even kills Drudges

I don't have any 8-C characters to replace Drudge with, so I restrict Body Fusion and proceed. I guess that's fine
I think I’m leaning Tails since while he’s lacking AP, he’s smart/skilled enough to avoid the Drudge clones and take out the original before he’s overwhelmed. And he can compensate nicely with his ways to avoid and defend from the Drudges.
Anyway. Drudge has over 100x AP advantage, wouldn't they just break through it? Flashbang isn't really enough of a distraction to give Tails much of an advantage as it won't stagger Drudges who can still keep track of him. What is Spin Dash and how does it work? How will Tails neg Drudge's colossal dura?

Ye tails can but if they go in and out of his line of sight he might mix them up, not very likely but worth mentioning. I'm not sure what Tails actually does after grabbing and how he even kills Drudges
I’m unsure if it’s the kind of forcefield where it just blocks anything or if that would work. Saying they do break it though to avoid NLF, Tails could try flying away. The flashbangs may be a no go afterall though, but the Magic Hand still could push Drudges back. The Spin Dash has Tails curl into a spiky ball which can cut through opponents like how Sonic cut through Mario who was on his level. It should be a good level of dura neg.

With the pictures of the location, he could drop Drudge into the center of the crater which has either lava, water, or just ground. So that’s a kill/incap for Tails.

With the pictures of the location, he could drop Drudge into the center of the crater which has either lava, water, or just ground. So that’s a kill/incap for Tails.
That is a gas field and not particularly good enough to incap Drudge.

But whatever, I vote for Tails for your reasons as well, even though I don't understand how any of Tail's offensive can go through this level of durability gap

That is a gas field and not particularly good enough to incap Drudge.

But whatever, I vote for Tails for your reasons as well, even though I don't understand how any of Tail's offensive can go through this level of durability gap
It’s like a knife or a bullet, but in fox form. He’ll be able to pierce her if he doesn’t drop her. But anyways I’ll also vote Tails

It’s like a knife or a bullet, but in fox form. He’ll be able to pierce her if he doesn’t drop her. But anyways I’ll also vote Tails
piercing damage is not dura neg, it just focuses all your power on a much smaller area, something not effective when 118.5x durability is involved.

But whatever man

Back