• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zant Rework

At least Class M (Should be superior to the Gohma from Wind Waker, capable of heavily tilting the platform he and Link were fighting on just by stomping on it[1])
Someone link me a TP LS feat to calc he directly scales to, I hate "well he should be" ratings.
Rest is fine, I mean this is fine too he probably is, but a direct feat would better
if we treating ToTK item abilities as usable, we can give FD Link minor light manip because his eyes glow holy based

Someone link me a TP LS feat to calc he directly scales to, I hate "well he should be" ratings.
Rest is fine, I mean this is fine too he probably is, but a direct feat would better
if we treating ToTK item abilities as usable, we can give FD Link minor light manip because his eyes glow holy based
tbh I forgot I still had the gohma part still in there. I also can't stand "should be" ratings even if they make sense, been meaning to make a CRT about how we handle lifting strength in Zelda for a while now.

Ive already been kinda ******* with that and doing some calcs for LS for a wide range of dudes, few games kinda lack anything tho beyond Class 5-10.

Quick question, should he not have Small and Large Size for his Size Manipulation? Like what type he is when he changes?

If zant had a specific form that was naturally big then it'd count but him using magic to make his normal body bigger or smaller doesn't count afaik it has to be the natural size, then again I don't think we're partically consistent with that rule so 🤷‍♂️

I guess my main question is that while the profile is good and I like it, what exactly is the difference between the Link that fight Zant and the one who fights Ganondorf? By the time you fight Zant you have the empowered Master Sword and the Triforce of Courage, so would like really get that much stronger between the two fights?

Its a whatever question I guess, I think the change is good.

Link does get an extra heart container between the fights, but for the most part it's because Zant is treated as much weaker than the Fused Shadow which Ganondorf can low diff in like 20 seconds. Same Ganondorf that Link can straight up physically overpower, plus Link didn't seem entirely out to kill Zant anyway since unlike other instances he doesn't go for the kill once Zant is beaten and instead lets Midna talk with him a little. It's why I stugged a bit with the durability and tried wording it as to just having the sol empower MS being even with Link not aiming to kill being superior to it's base state.

Like, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to Zant heavily downscaling but given the sheer gap they portray between Zant and Ganondorf's power I dunno how exactly to justify it beyond "Isn't gigastomped by Link within seconds".

so would like really get that much stronger between the two fights?
Given Link = Ganondorf >> Fused Shadow Midna > literally ******* popped Zant without really trying > Zant (Who in turn only has a whatever fraction of Ganon's power)

Zant scaling to Link (Mind you, Link after beating Zant is casual af, it clearly didn't take much effort and Link kinda just, didn't kill him after he beat him and let Midna yap, probably some emotional baggage there ngl), would be like scaling Krillin to Frieza, except Ganon/Link in this situation is Trunks. We don't really have a good reason to scale beyond "he doesn't instantly die in one hit in gameplay". Still, he does upscale off the bosses at least so it ain't like his stats change.

Fused Shadow which Ganondorf can low diff in like 20 seconds
Given Link = Ganondorf >> Fused Shadow Midna > literally ******* popped Zant without really trying > Zant (Who in turn only has a whatever fraction of Ganon's power)
So this is more on me than anyone else, but forever ago when we were talking about the Triforce of Wisdom amping Midna, was that line of reasoning rejected or did it just die in that thread due to lack of follow up.

Everything but the built-in passives got rejected.

It wouldn't matter anyway, we dont know how big an amp ToW is, and Midna explitcitly notes she killed Zant with just a fraction of the FS' power, the feat is credited entirely to that thing, which she's shocked by

"Note: Despite fighting him Zant does not scale to an endgame Link. Not only is it heavily implied Link was specifically trying to just subdue Zant instead of kill him so that Midna could have a conversation with him, but a fraction of the Fused Shadow easily killed him in a single attack and was treated by Midna as far beyond anything she'd seen from Zant, whereas Link was capable of defeating Ganondorf who himself was so powerful he easily defeated Midna when she used the full power of the Fused Shadow."

Does something like this work?

"Note: Despite fighting him Zant does not scale to an endgame Link. Not only is it heavily implied Link was specifically trying to just subdue Zant instead of kill him so that Midna could have a conversation with him, but a fraction of the Fused Shadow easily killed him in a single attack and was treated by Midna as far beyond anything she'd seen from Zant, whereas Link was capable of defeating Ganondorf who himself was so powerful he easily defeated Midna when she used the full power of the Fused Shadow."

Does something like this work?
Wasn't Zant already injured by Link before being killed? That example might not be the best one to use. And I think he didn't already have the fused shadow with him at the time

Injured yeah but like the dude is kinda cracked when it comes to sheer endurance and taking attacks without really becoming weaker as a result, the game even treats the Fused Shadow one shotting him as something super impressive and a testament to how strong even a fraction of it's power is.

Wasn't Zant already injured by Link before being killed? That example might not be the best one to use. And I think he didn't already have the fused shadow with him at the time
He was literally annihilated, no traces remained.
Whether you're a bit bruised isn't gonna make a bomb vaporizing ya any less difficult.

Back