• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I don't believe that luffy is joyboy

Trax

He/Him
After rereading my favorite chapters 1043-1049 over and over again multiple times, I realized that maybe the whole community made a mistake thinking luffy was joyboy. Now of course I know i'm not the greatest at these types of things so that's why I made this to see if people agree or disagree with my evidence and "amazing" reading comprehension.

16.jpg

In this panel zunesha states that joyboy has returned. He stated this based on hearing the drums of liberation and not actually seeing or sensing his presence.
Which in chapter 1044 momonosuke doesn't really understand and he says "Luffy is Joyboy!?" Which yamato also confused said zunesha said that?
Basically at this part shes asking momonosuke if that's what zunesha said.

Zunesha's last and final statement's about joyboy come from chapter 1046. He states how nostalgic the sounds were(addressing joyboy as if he were right there), he also addressed luffy and joyboy as two seperate people stating "I feel like we(speaking about himself and joyboy) should put our trust in this boy"(being luffy).
So I believe that momo made a mistake and didn't understand which led the community to believe luffy is joyboy.

Now here comes the only anti argument and it's the "what about kaido saying joyboy is the only one who can defeat him"
I got an answer for that. If you remember zoro vs kaido we see that enma contained odens soul or some type of presence sealed in that sword. It was like kaido was facing both zoro and oden. That's the same thing for gear 5, it felt like he was fighting both gear 5 luffy and joyboy. Number one because the drums of liberation was spoken to by zunesha as if it was a sentient thing, so it would be the same as if joyboy beating kaido. Or number two since luffy is the 2nd man to ever awaken the devil fruit that makes him joyboys successor. And successors usually carry the wills of their predecessors, basically inherited will.​

Back