• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

yeahh you guys really shouldn’t read part 1 ever again if you wanna enjoy this shit

you say we just want fights but even the fights since denji’s capture have sucked fat donkey shit. and nothing interesting is going on with these characters right now aside from asa finally finding out who chainsaw man is, which has been given no weight whatsoever beyond a panel of her looking surprised

denji being in containment in the first place feels meaningless as it was undone within like three chapters, each chapter feels more directionless than the last, literally nothing has happened since denji woke up (they left to go get sushi and are STILL ON THE WAY THERE)

this chapter’s events:
  1. denji is depressed again. its not that interesting guys
  2. katana man offers to resolve denji’s primary objective throughout the entire story with absolutely zero effort or buildup
we don’t even get denji’s response to this, which is the only part of this that could possibly be interesting. the mere suggestion is treated as if it’s stinger-worthy

fugimotive better be cooking 🥘 up some gourmet cuisine with these boring ass chapters

Your stating what I already stated, what's your point? My point was that besides Asa's moment, nothing of note happened this chapter. Meanwhile in JJK you have an ability that's been hyped up for years finally being explained and utilized, the return of a fan favorite character, and the death of a major character all in one chapter. The two are simply not comparable in this regard.
Oh I'm not talking about JJK, I was talking about the thoughts on the recent CSM chapter. Like yeah, JJK is cool, but this is the CSM thread, that's my focus here.

And yeah, there is more of note happening than just Asa's reaction, such as the death and warfare becoming normalized among people on the streets, but heeey that was something only quickly gone over.

the fact that life is continuing as usual despite the apocalypse has already been addressed multiple times in previous chapters
This sounds like the same issue I have with JJK, constant depiction of "omg people dying left and right, push on Yuji you're a sorcerer" like come on. This seems like an arc thats gonna lead into a massive arc. Just wait let Fujimoto cook.

Oh I'm not talking about JJK, I was talking about the thoughts on the recent CSM chapter. Like yeah, JJK is cool, but this is the CSM thread, that's my focus here.

And yeah, there is more of note happening than just Asa's reaction, such as the death and warfare becoming normalized among people on the streets, but heeey that was something only quickly gone over.
Nah, I was arguing with Arkenis about which new chapter of both series was better, sorry for the confusion.

Chainsaw Man Part 2, so far, has been better than Part 1, it's honestly impressive that that was even possible for Fujimoto.
I've been enjoying it so far, but I'm hoping we get a part 3 as well. I've been hearing alot of rumors regarding Part 2 being the last part of the manga.

I think you really just need to reread the last arc of Part 1.

Devils upon being erased vanish from reality & memory. Nuclear Weapons don't exist, AIDS doesn't exist, WWII doesn't exist, they vanished from the past & present. The whole reason Pochita is the Devil that Devils fear most is because he can erase them, bypassing their reincarnation cycle.

Devils that simply die are the only ones that reincarnate, such as the Bat Devil, Eternity Devil, and Control Devil.

I still don't know what you mean by that. There is no "part" of the Control Devil, Makima just was the Control Devil.
But can't devils still reincarnate after being eaten as shown by the War Devil and Nuclear Weapons Devil?

But can't devils still reincarnate after being eaten as shown by the War Devil and Nuclear Weapons Devil?
No, the Nuclear Weapons Devil is currently erased from existence & it is erased from everyone's memories as well, meaning they cant reincarnate since nobody fears them. Yoru mentions that the only way they can return, is if Pochita pukes them out, that way the fear of nuclear-warfare will tremendously increase

No, they cannot. The War Devil wasn't consumed, she just had part of her body eaten. The Nuclear Weapons Devil is still gone and no longer exists, alongside the concept of Nuclear Weapons.

I wonder how Pochita throwing up nuclear weapons devil would work visually, like, would Pochita just throw up a load of Nukes bigger than himself towards the sky and they start raining on empty storages all over military bases around the world?

I still never got why we didn't use fear scaling as a type of UES. For example the Typhoon Devil can generate a certain amount of energy. Devil's who are more feared than it should scale beyond that energy it creates.

A UES or a NPES would allow Typhoon Devil's storm to scale to whatever.

If UES, Denji would be Low 7-B.

If NPES, then the likes of Makima's Bang or Darkness' Devil Powers could scale.

Wait that creates a loophole though, Pochita tanked several telekinetic blasts from Makima, which would make his dura Low 7-B

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't change anything though

Back