• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zombie Street Fight of Destruction: The Brawny vs the Borgy (Concluded)

A large, hulking zombie breaks into a mall...literally, and throws chunks of the mall at the local bandits. One such bandit manages to escape downstairs, the bulky zombie in hot pursuit, but also manages to catch the attention of another dangerous creature: a zombie cyborg, known locally as Zomborg, who has emerged from its lair to “assimilate” the bandits (as in, kill them and stuff them with cybernetic modifications so as to make more Zomborgs), but sees the massive hulking beast and concludes it to be a possible upgrade. Of course, this means having to kill it first so it’ll stop moving while Zomborg is working on it.

Fight takes place in W.D. Mall

SBA

Who wins?
Tank (L4D): 0
Zomborg: 8
The bandits get reinforcements and both combatants are eliminated: 0

Last edited:
Will eventually make a blog on Character Stats & Profiles for discussing this stuff but I might as well drop a video here. The player has a few notable durability feats I'd like to mention that zomborg could scale to AP-wise.

1. Player gets thrashed around by Zricera (who I also tried standing next to for scale) and launched into the air. The player can get lunged into by Zricera as well - neither instance doing too much damage to the player.

2. The player can get a shotgun loaded into them a bunch of times at point blank distance by a bandit (in the mall at least) and is alright.

3. The player can easily survive getting crushed by Vexeron - a large worm creature. This gif from the wiki displays a player getting dropped onto by vexeron from a height and still surviving it, as well as showing a scale between them and the player.

3. Zomborg can tank grenades casually and is almost unharmed by them while he's charging his shockwave. The player's guns are VASTLY stronger than the unupgraded grenade launcher used in the video and they can facetank them just fine.

And the Zomborg can harm the player in the case of their durability feats, showing that the player would scale to the Zomborg otherwise.

I could get that blog out at some point but, seeing that the tank doesn't have calcs going for it either, I'll just use the scans above and say that Zomborg could take it by nature of being so damn tanky. The only disadvantages are that he's slow but he scales to someone who is effectively a superhuman on most accounts. In some fights you can see people trying to avoid melee range and he counters it with a taser attack. If the tank isn't immune to being tazed then that'll be another issue since it cannot back up before Zomborg can get some hits in.

Should wait for L4D peeps to comment on this thread though. I haven't played L4D for years now. Tank, if he's smart enough, would lead Zomborg outside of the mall and fight there (seeing that OP specified that they fight in the mall).

I mean since Tank can throw some pretty large stuff around how is leading the opponent outside going to help much if he can tear the place up and throw the resulting chunks of mall? More freedom of movement than what was already there perhaps?

For now, I'll vote Zomborg, though I'll want to see what others who are knowledgeable on L4D say.

So, Tank can be shocked and isn't smart enough to lead Zomborg out of the mall, to answer those questions.

Zomborg's energy pulse would deal with Tank's melee and ranged attacks, and wire shock would be able to stun Tank if he gets close. Meanwhile, Tank can't do much to counter things like Zomborg slicing it, shocking it, or the energy blasts. These attacks will eventually whittle Tank down.

Now, yes, obviously Tank isn't gonna stand like an idiot while Zomborg charges up it's energy pulse, and will do damage to it. However, this is where wire shock comes in. Zomborg can stun Tank, which will allow it to charge up energy pulse.

With this reasoning, Why Not Zoidberg mid-diff FRA

Back