• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zain Vaerpath vs. Odiosis

'''''W H Y D I D N ' T Y O U T E L L M E T H A T W H E N I B U M P E D T S E T V S Z A I N 3 0 T I M E S N I N G E N'''''

"...also, from looking over by story notes again, I might be forced to run yet another revision, so AAAAAA

In combination with EWtRtW 5 probably not even being close to done with giving Tset some actual showings, uh

I think I'll get back to this in proper later"

Zain is like, the go-to "I don't know anyone for this tier so let's battle" character.

Right. Uh, so

This still exists, and after talking with Ed it's apparently still on. (Technically, Zain's page is subject to slight revision in the future, but largely cosmetic/aesthetic changes, nothing remotely relevant to the outcome of this match far as I can tell. Odiosis IIRC is also subject to change, but just elaborating on Notable Attacks & Techniques rather than actually adding or removing anything powers-wise.) Cool, cool.

Now, my immediate go-to question, since this is True Monad Zain and therefore broken as ass,

In what way is Odiosis a Conceptually Unique enough being to not fall under the umbrella of 'things that are Conscious', and therefore not simply a part of what Zain embodies/be fighting everything on his own profile plus something else? His final key, with True Valor's Power Absorbed, mentions a Conceptual Resistance to that effect- mind elaborating on that? Who exactly is this 'Malum' fellow that broke it, and what all did they do? What does Odiosis open with at this point in the story?

More context would help with evaluating this.

One More Dream is kind of my shitpost verse so it's not completely developed fully but-

Malum threw a casual conceptual erasure attack (sicne he was confident he didn't need the light to exist) to get rid of Odiosis and the light he encompasses, however Odiosis kinda just said 'no.'

So he threw a resistance negating concept erasure attack and that worked... until Odiosis regained his state of being and said 'no' again. (This is his regen)

At this point in the story Odiosis starts with conceptual manipulation. Most likely destruction as he isn't to keen on alteration unless necessary. He only altered Malum because straight up erasing Malum meant erasing the Darkness as well and nuking the Darkness means the Light and the world also gets destroyed because balance and shit. So he altered the entity of 'Malum' being seperate from the concept of 'The Darkness'.

...okay, so

Various things to take into account.

• Essentially all Augurs (that is, people with Archetype Armigers) can withstand attacks dealt directly to their Archetype; Qliphoth, which their powers specifically are adapted to engage, are nega-Archetypical beings that kill concepts by draining them of meaning, striking them within the Malkuth and the Yesod simultaneously. That is to say, any Augur is going to be able to fight back against their concept being altered or taken away from them as Odiosis is described to have done to Malum, that's what makes them what they are. But we're obviously working with a much larger scale than Basic Augurs, and just saying "My power is greater than yours" at such a scale isn't substantive of an argument. So, to back up a bit more,
  • 1: The actual degree to which Zain is High 1-C is infinite: essentially, he infinitely upscales from "infinite" within the 11-D sense by, essentially, eleven times: one for each infinity of mortal consciousness. (Essentially what happened is that, since the True Monad is such that it instantiates all conscious things into a single form, all of consciousness- as in, each potential manifestion of an individual within each layer of the world- were all elevated to occupy the Kether directly.) 2. This giant piss-off wall of 11-D infinities stacked on top of themselves eleven times over can be swung all at once, via Allbring- this would be the opening move, and consists of everything that every conscious person in the verse is capable of doing all at once, and all stat amped by their collective being in the Kether. 3. Assuming that doesn't do him in, the he fights as normal- essentially, within the canon, this was used to hold off the weight of Samael's "All Must Die" power such that he could engage him the proper way.
  • The point of all of which is to elaborate on the magnitude of what this opening move is, exactly. Assuming that the True Monad passive doesn't do Odiosis in, a wall of everything every non-Qliphoth in the verse can do being swung at his ability to alter the normal state of things (as they are naturally )with Infinite^11 11-dimensional power- essentially Power Nullification/Sealing that targets all of the more abstract/warp-type powers in particular. If his nature is too closely tied to these powers, and he has no feats of being able to fight off anything of that magnitude, then I'd assume Odiosis goes with them- otherwise, he'd just be back to his normal "human" powers for the duration of a proper duel.
  • And whatever gets through even that would then have to contend with the Kether itself to get anything through to Zain/not be thought out of being, which essentially is a functional Absolute Defense against anything that can be recognized as adverse or unwanted as a component of Consciousness- since the True Monad is a personification of Consciousness that can be damaged, this includes damage, outright, and other conceptual beings that attempt to claim dominion over Archetypes that are invented by mortal consciousness (which, the effectiveness of that I suppose depends on the Type of Concept Manip. Odiosis has.)
If Odiosis gets past all of that intact, or at least still in fighting condition, then the opening move he faces is probably honestly something simple. Zain tends to keep combat close-range, with a preference towards Fire/Holy/Zie, with Blade and Time Metamagic attached (note: Time Metamagic can eventually chew through the resistance of Samael, who does in fact no-sell the Aeon Form's Nephesh Timestop), when a fight boils down to something more simplistic. If Odiosis plays keep-away, Zain'd probably spam Stat Amp instead, set up buffs and use Info Analysis on his opponent's move pool.

"Infinite^11 11-dimensional power- essentially Power Nullification/Sealing that targets all of the more abstract/warp-type powers in particular. If his nature is too closely tied to these powers, and he has no feats of being able to fight off anything of that magnitude"

This is a really bad deal for Odiosis, his actual good at this level powers are directly tied into his nature as the concept of Light. Though he'd still have his endgame and previous stuff.

I see! But...

That was essentially his one real way around time-looping shenanigans with the Netzach and the Tiphareth's True-Godly, right?

Maybe I don't see everything, but it looks like, if Zain gets the first hit off, he just kind of kills Odiosis's Win Condition entirely. He got anything else?

...if not, I'd say Zain probably takes it Low-Diff, to be honest, what with Odiosis's Win Condition being so fragile and not even guaranteed if it does make it past the opening move/s of the fight.

Without Light Powers, he really just has standard RPG stuff upscaled. Which is nice and all but Zain's kind of insane.

Back