• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Yu Hakusho Upgrade

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
About time, you might say. I took a long time to post this.

Basically this got accepted (there were many different comments [and even people mocking Cal for double posting] but they were deleted after I changed my nickname) by the original user who calculated the feat.

This moves the 7-C to High 7-C, but I'll let the scaling to the professionals since there's probably something to say about Toguro's power in the middle that might upgrade some characters either to High 7-C+ or Low 7-B. I don't know, you say.

I agree with this as well, and it's consistent with Hiei having a somewhat better feat in the same tier.

They'd still be the same Tier, but he's already treated as being well above Hiei, who is in turn well above Kurama and Karasu.

There is a Mid end and High end, yes. Which the latter got Low 7-B; but we decided to go with the low end. And we go by the end that may be considered the most accurate from a scientific stand point rather than what helps with the scaling and/or progression in power.

Yes, we can't choose another end just because the scaling is now closer between feats.

Got something to say about the scaling? Should someone get an At least or smth?

I don't mind Toguro and unleashed/grieving Yusuke having At least before their Tiers.

I've asked Dark to give his input. If accepted, we can upgrade the profiles.

@Dark as explained above, the Low 7-B end wasn't used and we shouldn't change that just because there's a new feat closer to the low end. Unless there's a reason to change that from a scientifical PoV, the scaling should stay at High 7-C only, adding the prior justifications for each character.

The rest of the abilities should be discussed on another thread (yet to be created, I currently can't get back the files where I was listing everything missing from the profiles) but I'll take note on your thoughts. Thank you.

Suzaku's lightning is most likely an outlier at that point in the series. I'm against using it since nothing else in the series shows a similar output to that of lightning.

Then I hope you remember what you said because I couldn't take note of it owo.

That sounds good, but the Possession ability for Yusuke would be exclusive to pre Spirit Detective key, which he doesn't currently have..

The AP calc was already looked at and we decided to go with the low end. The speed feat looks interesting though, and appears to be more recent than previous calculations. And would lead to some pretty solid upgrades. But want to here Calaca's thoughts yes.

I should check the chapter by myself. I can't look at the scans (probably because if you lack an account in NF you can't access to the pictures), but I think there's another way to calc that.

My issue is that I don't know where did CT got 5000+ meters for the island's size. Right now we're basing our scaling on Therefir's calc where he used RL stadium seats to get the height of the hole Karasu blasted through the stadium. So, considering that, I would scale the stadium first and then scale the island based on the stadium.

If anyone has the chapter for this feat I might give it a try. It's really interesting with a bit of context.

Dunno why I overlooked it.

Okay, I've started gathering scans to get that calc done. I'll probably have it ready in the next days.

BTW, is Hiei's High 7-C feat the one he did by blowing up the stadium?

If so there's no way that busting such a large hole in the stages and the roof would only give less than half the yield of Karasu's power. I think I'll also revise that feat.

Actually it has something to do with vaporizing a bunch of metal.

Yes, just like Karasu's feat. The problem is that Hiei made a hole much bigger than the one Karasu did, and he vaporized the dome (tho I'm not sure how should I calc that).

It came from this to be specific. Though, actually it looks like we went with the melting method; vaporizing would have been Low 7-B.

Okay, some news. I found a way to get the size of the whole island using the area to begin the scaling.

It threw around 5.2km length.

On the other side, it seems that CT's calc assumes that the Reigan travelled such distance in the timeframe of Koenma's Reaction, which is a pretty bad reasoning considering not only the movement but the firing was shown in the next page so it's far to say that Koenma is just reacting to Yusuke charging his Reigan rather than the Reigan on the sky. Not counting that he isn't even remotely looking above his head.

Too bad since it was a pretty nice way to give a speed upgrade.

With the numbers I got if we assume the Reigan went that distance it'd lead to Mach 31.

I'm still working on the Dragon's feat. I'll see if it's worthy or being published.

I believe Calaca is still working on some recalculations for certain feats; most specifically Hiei's Dragon of the Darkness Flame technique, which could lead to some good upgrades.

Back