• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Yu Hakusho upgrade? I feel like their tier should be amped

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Yu Yu hakusho characters should be "Possibly 5-B" from the statements said in the show over and over, I seen a lot of people say "They're just exaggerating" but I see other characters get raised to "planet level" because someone said they can in the show. I find that kinda unfair, so can we please discuss this situation?

If I recall we actually don't accept it because it's an outlier, not too sure on it being hyperbole but that would depend 9n on the context it's used.

And if it isn't consistent with the rest of the showings of power we usually dismiss it.

Other characters get upgraded by statements because they're reliable and don't contradict any other showings in the verse. Even then, these statements just warrant a "Possibly 5-B" most of the time. Yu Yu Hakusho doesn't seem to fit either description which is why they don't get the rating from what I know.

First of all, the Anime is simply an adaptation. We go by the Manga for analyzing all feats. Second, no one in YYH blows up the planet with one attack, which would be the requirement for 5-B. Here, Sensui is simply capable of collapsing the surface the earth with his chi. And while he does over time cause the surface of the Earth to collapse, that would be Magnitude 6 from a distance. Which was calculated at Continent level. And that was less than half of his power. And given he was pretty close to High 6-A it was uncontroversial to make all the god tiers who are overwhelmingly stronger upgraded to High 6-A. But 5-B is too much of a stretch.

To be far people have been upgraded to 5B via statments iirc. Though said statments are usually repeated by reliable sources and stated numerous times.

Statements also need to be specific or backed up by elaborate details.

Could the god-tiers be listed as "At least High 6-A, likely/possibly 5-B"?

Not quite, there's no proof that they outright blow up the planet nor is it assumes they oneshot the planet. The highest feat is just Sensui shaking the earth with enough intensity to cause the surface of the Earth to collapse using less than half of his power over time. Which really shouldn't be any higher than High 6-A. And Magnitude 6 from a distance on a global scale was what we decided to go by which was calculated at 6-A. Although the god tiers were overwhelmingly stronger than Sensui, anything beyond High 6-A appears to be a stretch.

Well, they are all far stronger than Sensui.

Would "At least High 6-A, likely higher" be acceptable then?

At least High 6-A, likely far higher is already what Prime Raizen has, and everyone else was already rated based on mine and Dark649's proposals a while back. Sensui is At least 6-A, likely higher. Hokushin is multiples stronger, so he's just likely High 6-A. The Mid S-Class Demons like Hiei, Kurama, Shura, and Kurama's 6 students are just plain High 6-A. And the upper S-Class demons like Yusuke, Yomi, Mukuro, and Raizen's 9 friends are At least High 6-A. Prime Enki also has likely Higher.

Okay. That is probably fine then.

Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back