• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Yu Hakusho Speed Upgrade

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
These calcs have been accepted

I asked both DMUA and Crimson Azoth which ends should be used, but whether the case is, this represents an upgrade for some of the BoS characters.

Seiryu's feat:

• Mach 6.46 (LE)
  • Mach 9.33 (HE)
Hiei's feat:

• Mach 29.71 (LE)
  • Mach 39.62 (HE)
Scaling
Seiryu's feat is possibly the only one that would serve to scale, but let's go in order:

• Byakko can't scale because he was blitzed. Therefore Kuwabara can't scale. They should stick to their already accepted speed feats in SS+ range.
  • Kurama's likely faster than Kuwabara, but I saw no indication. In fact, he was only able to perceive one of Hiei's slashes, being far below Yusuke in that matter.
  • Yusuke and Suzaku scales.
Now let's talk about Hiei. I'm positive in thinking that his feat scales only to him. The scene was showing how far Hiei was speed-wise from the rest, being Yusuke the only able to see 8 of the 16 slashes, so at best Yusuke would get a higher reaction speed after his Hypersonic rating coming from Seiryu.

Of course, this'd change in the DTA.

Conclusions

• Suzaku: At least Hypersonic (Faster than Seiryu)
  • Yusuke: At least Hypersonic (Kept up with Suzaku), higher reaction speed (Reacted to 8 of Hiei's slashes)
What do you think?

I agree, though I think Kurama scales. In this same arc, Hiei said that he teamed with Kurama because he didn't want to be against him.

I know, but it's quite hard to tell. The moment Hiei gets serious he blitzes everyone, and even Kurama said that he went full serious on Seiryu, something that (IIRC) didn't see happen before.

Kurama's mostly impressive because of his wits; he's not quite physically on par with Yusuke or Hiei in terms of strength or speed. Though he's not overwhelmingly weaker either. That being said, Yusuke could likely scale from Hiei and should be at least half as fast as him. And obviously, everyone in Dark Tournament would be in a higher degree of High Hypersonic for certain.

I asked DMUA in his wall about Yusuke scaling to Hiei's feat when it comes to reactions, but he said that we shouldn't give arbitrary numbers to his reaction speed.

What was the previous High Hypersonic status? I had no input about which ends should be used despite the repeated instances where I asked so.

I think most of the Dark Tournament cast scale from an extremely casual Toguro's air bullets. And I know we don't give random numbers, but Yusuke when 100% serious shouldn't be too much slower than Hiei. And of course, by Dark Tournament saga, Hiei did get quite a bit stronger and faster which Yusuke was able to deflect his sword strikes.

I also think scaling people from Hiei would be better. I'm currently on ch.63 and nobody but Yusuke has been able to somewhat compete with Hiei's speed. Yusuke scaling makes Chu scale to it, and the same would go to the rest of the characters.

But I'm still thinking that Spirit Detective Arc Yusuke shouldn't scale to Hiei. He even acomplished Hiei being likely able to defeat him effortlessly with such speed.

I'm fine if Spirit Detective Yusuke doesn't scale, at least not at base. But a Reactive PL Yusuke shouldn't be too much slower, same with Suzaku. I'll note that Yusuke did have a Massively Hypersonic calc from reaching to his lightning bolts, but was considered an outlier. Dark Tournament cast for sure has everyone at High Hypersonic for sure.

Crimson Azoth told me that Seiryu's HE and Hiei's LE are better to use.

With that in mind, Yusuke and Suzaku would be At least Hypersonic, we could probably add a Likely Hypersonic+ when taking the reaction speed as a half into account (Mach 14.85).

I was thinkíng about the lightning bolts when reading the fight, but that's I thought when comparing the other feats and the scaling.

Back