• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu yu hakusho proving Suzaku’s lightning is real.

This was discussed Years ago, but I think that how lightning is interpreted now it might be accepted?

Alright

the feat in question plus additional context to defened it being lightning despite being oddly shaped projectiles.

Now lets go over lightning Criteria and why I think it should be accepted.

first page: it show’s him gathering electricity from natural lightning.

I do believe this falls under one of the criteria “the character being able to manipulate real electricity.”
Second page is it shocking yusuke. Which I believe falls under making muscles contract.

the third and forth pages are the feat. And the fifth page is just backing up him needing electricity to pull this move.

But then it also meets yet another criteria for lightning or to be lighting speed.

Having 1.6 billion joules of energy.
Suzaku and Yusuku them blowing up a building was calculated at 6.2 tons of tnt together https://web.archive.org/web/2016050...u-yu-hakusho-feats-the-saint-beast-arc.17982/

So 3.1 tons of tnt individually (more or less.)

divide by 7 for the 7 arrows and you get 0.44285714285 tons of tnt or 1.8 billion joules per arrow.

That’s 3 criteria met.

Now onto why this isn’t an outlier:

what feats contradict this? All other calcs are based on blitzing, and attacks who should be above this in speed.

yeah it’s one feat but when is it contradicted?

yusuke’s rei gun and tomuro’s air bullets should be comparable in speed to this. So those calcs don’t contract it. (Or shall we go and calculate the speed of every attack in Dragon ball Z?)

Does Seiryu’s calc contradict it? No Suzaku is placed higher then him on his profile. And Yusuke himself has “higher” reaction speed for keeping up with half of Hiei’s slashes.

does hiei’s calc contradict it? Not really since Hiei would scale to this since he’s faster then Yusuke.

And the final speed calc is just more blitzing.

Don't you need a calc to see what it would stack up too anyway?. Even if it's accepted at real lightning speed, we still need to see the results to know what it would come up to. Yusuke still gets hit by one of them so I don't think he's even that much faster than the lightning.

In regards of the whole outlier thing, unless they are hit by things much slower or are astounded by the speed of others/objects that don't move at lightning speed then I don't see it being an outlier.

I believe Calaca talked about this and calculated it, but I recall that it was deemed an outlier. Hiei's High Hypersonic feat is seen as incredibly fast compared to the rest of the cast; so it would seem inconsistent if Yusuke who is much slower than Hiei at the time having a Massively Hypersonic feat appeared to create loopholes. I do agree that Reigun or Toguro's air bullets don't necessarily contradict it given they come from unknown timeframes and can just scale if they have feats above those. But Hiei was disappointed with his own speed when he said "Only 16". Then again, it also comes from an unknown timeframe and doesn't really contradict much.

I'm overall neutral on this tbh; and also the much later MHS calculations are extremely casual.

Yeah as I mentioned in the op. The Hiei calc doesn’t contradict this. Since he moved faster then Yusuke could see. Which would just reduce the time frame he slashed 16 times in. (Since 1/220th of a second was the assumed time frame due to human blitz time.)

As for needing a calc... I wasn’t shre what to do. Since the lightning was shot down a long time ago as not real. I should rename the thread I guess.
Since I’m mostly trying to prove this is real lightning and that this wouldn’t be an outlier.

However there is a https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:YamiSukehiro1/Yusuke_Urameshi_Speed_Calc calc... but I have issues with it. Such as mesuring the distance between Suzaku and Yusuke in an entirely different shot way before he shoots Yusuke with lightning.

Yeah, it appears to come from a cloud, and the lightning bolt was red in the manga like it was in the Anime. And side note, Hiei also has an FTL feat in the three artifacts arc, but now that's what I'd call an outlier.

Renamed my thread to something that makes more sense.

though what does the lightning bolt being red have to do with anything?

Though its been a while since I watched the series, I have always seen controversy surrounding this feat but I have always felt that this particular attack should have qualified for real lightning, they are just shaped like bolts but they logically shouldn't be slower than the absorbed lightning (which is a genuine cloud to ground lightning ) especially when it is enhanced by Suzaku's youki....
So yeah I agree....

Also sorry for derrail and pardon my curiosity but if this is agreed how will this affect speed scaling for future arcs??
And side note, Hiei also has an FTL feat in the three artifacts arc, but now that's what I'd call an outlier.
Is that referring too when he dodged the point blank Spirit Gun, and it being capable of reflecting on the mirrror??

Renamed my thread to something that makes more sense.

though what does the lightning bolt being red have to do with anything?
I assume it's because normal lightning isn't red, and if he's changing it's color it's possible he's changing something else about it as well. However A simple change in color is not really an issue unless it actually does something that electricity/lightning doesn't do.

Outside of being bolt shaped it does things lightning should do.

And it’s even stated that he’s infusing the electricity with his own energy. Likely explaining the change in color.

Also bump.

Yeah, it appears to come from a cloud, and the lightning bolt was red in the manga like it was in the Anime. And side note, Hiei also has an FTL feat in the three artifacts arc, but now that's what I'd call an outlier.
It's not FTL. Ray gun just isn't light. It sure reflected of a mirror, but it also cracked this mirror, which is something light can't do. Ray gun consistently explodes on contact and could even be deflected by Jin's wind

I wasn't agreeing with that being light, but a former staff member mentioned it shown legit light speed portrayals there in that one instance, but that it was an outlier. Plus every other showing argues against it being light.

Last edited:
I wasn't agreeing with that being light, but a former staff member mentioned it shown legit light speed portrayals there, but that it was an outlier.
No it's not FTL feat at all. I would've argued for the feat if it wasn't that the ray gun cracked the mirror in that scene, light won't be able to do so. And Spirit gun consistently explodes and was even deflected by wind once

No it's not FTL feat at all. I would've argued for the feat if it wasn't that the ray gun cracked the mirror in that scene, light won't be able to do so. And Spirit gun consistently explodes and was even deflected by wind once
Light exploding isn't necessarily something to disqualify something for being LS. DarkDragon isn't saying it's composed of light either so it's mannerisms shouldn't matter here given it's not made of light. It does indeed have the qualifying criteria for Light Speed but not as a beam of light itself is what I'm getting at.

I also agree with the OP

I can try calculating the feats on my own sometime tonight. Dunno when specifically, buuut I can try giving Yusuke’s lightning dodging feat a crack and show yous the results.

Back