• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Yu Hakusho possible downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Spacebattles, Sensuis statement has been translated and broken down. I'll copy paste ThanotosSeraphs translation and the link on Spacebattles if allowed:

"I'm not sure about either of those things, I'm definitely not overly familiar with Yu Yu Hakusho for one `:p

But no yeah as far as the Japanese on the page goes I can add my own translation for completeness' sake:

ÒüèÒéä…ÒüôÒéôÒü¬Òü½ÕèøÒéƵèæÒüêÒüªÒüäÒéïÒü«Òü½... My word... even though I'm holding back my power this much...

ÒééÒüåÕñºÕ£░Òü½Õ¢▒Úƒ┐ÒéÆõ©ÄÒüêÒüªÒüùÒü¥ÒüúÒüƒ I've already begun to affect this land.

Òé¬Òâ¼Òü«Õö»õ©ÇÒü«Õ╝▒þé╣Òüá....ÒüÁÒüÁÒÇÇõ║║ÚûôþòîÒüºÒü»õ║öÕêåÒü«ÕèøÒüÖÒéëÕç║ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

It's my only weakness... *chuckle* In the human world I can only release half of my power.

Òé╣ÒâêÒâ¼Òé╣ÒüáÒéêÒüôÒéîÒü»…ÒüÁÒüÁÒüÁÒüÁ It's stressful, let me tell you.... *chuckle*

Basically the contribution I have is to come down hard on the side that this guy is talking about his own stress

I was already 99% sure of this based on some papers I've read in Japanese plus hearing how Òé╣ÒâêÒâ¼Òé╣ was used while I lived in Japan, but can confirm 100% after asking my girlfriend, who's a Japanese native speaker.

Òé╣ÒâêÒâ¼Òé╣ is used solely for talking about emotions, not physical pressure."

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/one-punch-man-monsters-vs-s-class-demons.787531/page-2

If this is all accurate, Sensui did not say he was stressing the planet. Ergo, the best feat in YYH would be the destruction seen during Yusuke vs Sensui and the makai tournament. Here us the scan if anyone wants to take a crack at translating it.

SensuiPw.jpg

This was discussed here. And FateAlbane was the one who translated the text perfectly. His exact quote was this.

Not only Kepekley already got the quote from a fluent Japanese translator, but Sensui 100% says "Daichi" and "Ningenkai" when referring to Earth and the Human Realm being affected by half of his power.

õ║║Úûôþòî = Ningenkai/Human Realm

ÕñºÕ£░ = Daichi/Land, Earth

You can see both in the raw scan here. And as I pointed out above, the Japanese Raw version of this scene in the anime also has Sensui mentioning both of these when he talks about what will be affected by his power which is faithful to the scan.

SensuiPw
Basically, the literal translations says that what Sensui cannot even use half of his power without shaking the Earth/Human World with enough intensity to cause the entire surface of the planet to collapse. Violent Earthquakes are Magnitude 6 in nature and it is a magnitude from a distance. Which Magnitude 6 from a distance would still be 6-A. And that's only less than half of his power. Which his full power is over 2 Petatons.

Also, we don't really take what people say on other websites all too seriously. Especially not one from Spacebattles.

Even going by the wording the dude translated, Sensui is making emphasis his power is affecting the world and that's why he can't go more than half.

As we see the background shaking violently.

He only really shook a cave and somewhere out into the city, what he likely meant was probably more akin to what happene in Yusuke vs Sensui where he destroyed mountains with shockwaves.

But why would Sensui be stopped by such a minor thing exactly, if he wouldn't end up destroying the Earth? Why does he need to hold back when he wouldn't be affected at all and a destroyed town or mountain range is really nothing to him?

And what we are shown doesn't hold much weight for the context and what he says contradicting it.

Sensui probably wasn't even using 1% of his power during his fight against Yusuke. And all Sensui was basically saying was that 50% of his power was more than enough to cause the entire human world/surface of the Earth to collapse. Collapsing the cave walls is a Magnitude 6 Earthquake and a 7-C feat, but doing so with the same intensity across the whole planet would still be 6-A. That's why he decided to travel to Makai; which is unfathomably larger and more durable than Earth.

Where was the demon world stated to be more durable or larger? Koenma called it an "infinite void" and he didn't even know a good portion of it because only a small portion was under spirit world control.

Infinite Void is an obvious Hyperbole. And The exact size cannot be determined; however, it was stated to be unfathomably larger. And it's pretty obvious, considering that even have of Sensui's power is stated to be enough to make the surface of the earth unstable and that power still being only bottom tier S-Class. And yet, even the strongest S Class demons can use their full power in Makai without causing too much mass destruction.

Where was it stated though? Sensui went on about how he loved every creature on Earth aside from humans so he wouldn't want to cause harm to anything so that would give him a reason to not want to use his power there even if only affected a cave and a city. When he actually went to the demon world he destroyed mountains through shockwaves and didn't care about killing the B class demons trying to climb up.

Don't know where the specific statement is, but considering that Koenma doesn't seem to consider Earth massive but he considers Makai massive is suppose to be the basic hint. Also, his mountain busting feats were extremely casual. I wouldn't use those to shy away from his main feat being the Earth shaking one.

It was him actually going all out against Yusuke so not really casual, especially since he was shook when he saw that spirit gun destroy a whole mountain (which he also only barely avoided). Also when did Koenma consider the Earth not large? Never heard of that.

I'm sure theres a way to calculate the size of Makai. Are there any scans in the manga to find the size? Such as statements of a place there or a shot that could allow us to find it via planetary curvature?

Yes, he was all out against Yusuke. But that's the point, his focus wasn't on destroying mountain, it was focused on harming Yusuke. The Mountains that were simply in the way were very effortlessly destroyed. It's also a very standard assumption for afterlifes to be inherently much larger than the Earth. Since; while the population of Earth raises and lowers back and forth, the population of Spirit World simply grows with each and every person that dies.

Standard assumption? Maybe for the spirit world that makes sense but the demon world isn't an afterlife, it's another world akin to ours.

I once thought of a method to get a size for it based on how long Yusuke ran with the other Mid S classes at whatever assumed speed. But I'm not so sure about it.

Makai is its own pocket dimension, and the "Infinite Void" statement; whole an obvious hyperbole, is still an indicator that it's quite vast. And that's despite the statements that mention him having knowledge over the universe and how big Spirit World is.

I don't know if the manga has such image, but this also shows a starry sky.

Yeah I know it's a hyperbole of course but he likely says that based on how spirit world has little control over the realm, meaning he doesn't know much of it which should blatantly imply the demons are resisting that control.

Girl and makai
Also here's the manga version of the image.

Oh, so Makai does have a starry sky. Not that it quite means anything as far as tier changes, but it's proof that it's much larger than Earth.

But the starry sky isn't inside the Earth, Makai was stated to be its own dimension. Makai also doesn't really appear to be a planet and that it kinds of expends throughout the realm. However, I think another source has something to do with the massive domes still being considered minuscule compared to the rest of Makai. And yes, the long running would probably be another example about the size, but not sure if a method like that could be considered calc stacking.

Are you trying to say it extens out to the point all the stars are directly above it rather than left to right? I don't get it.

Not quite; I doubt the landmass is quite that big unless their's proof, but it's still much larger than Earth regardless.

There's still a statement about how Sensui (or Yusuke I can't remember) was potentially going to cause the total destruction of a country. That country being Japan but still.

Yeah, Yusuke as a Mazoku was stated he could nuke all of Japan in a single attack by the SDF. And that Genkai said he could casually bust entire countries. That being said, I think we could close the thread since the main premise was pretty much answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back