• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Yu Hakusho: Abilities Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I started reading Yu Yu Hakusho (and it's great), but I noticed Yusuke is lacking a few things in his profile. I don't know if these things have explanations since I'm on chapter 21, if so please let me know.

• Enhanced Senses: Koenma is invisible to the average human eye and Yusuke can see him. On top of that, the lens give him X-Ray Vision. He also can see through the disguises a demon could use to look like Human, barely watching horns in demons disguised as humans.
  • Initially, the Reigan could only be used once in a day. IDK if in the same arc he improved that so it's not a weakness anymore. If not, this should be added to the first key.
  • Yusuke apparently has Reactive Power Level: Hiei stated that he was growing stronger. Not only once but twice. It could be Rage Power as well, but I'm leading towards the former.
  • I also would like to talk about Yusuke's resistance to mindhax. This panel shows Hiei saying that he's resisting the Jagan's Eye influence for having spiritual fortitude, but it feels like more a weakness of the Jagan Eye instead of Yusuke being resistant by himself.
That's it for the first 25 chapters.

I'm super glad you're liking YYH. It's my favorite anime, let alone shounen.

• Cool. You right.
  • The first key extends to the Saint Beast arc. Idk if he improved since then either, but that's post Genkai (the first time) so he could've gotten a bit stronger.
  • You right
  • I'd say rage power. Yusuke was the progenitor to the whole emotions boost power thing.
  • I guess so.

I know you like it I saw a comment of yours saying that you'd be glad of downgrading the HST below YYH where they belong.

• Thanks, I'll wait for more input.
  • Well, guess I'll notice sooner or later, but I'll keep this on my mind.
  • I'll wait more input.
  • It could be any of those options, but I think it's Rage Power for the whole context of the fight. Hiei kidnapped Keiko and was threatening Yusuke.
  • I think this discussion has been happening in some threads before, so I think we should settle this to be as accurate as possible. I'm not sure either since the wording might mean one thing or the other so if there's other instances where Hiei used his Jagan Eye and it got resisted that'd help to determine if it's a weakness of the power or Yusuke truly resists it.

This reminds me of a close friend keeps recommending me to read it

Nice thread most of this seems fine to me

Agree with almost everything.

As for the mind resistance, the use of fortitude indicates resistance more so than it's own weakness tbh. In any case, almost every demon has a feat of mental resistance. I'll probably make a separate thread for it.

I agree with all these abilities, though seeing invisible demons also sounds like Non-Physical Interaction if they don't have that yet. There's another change to Kurama's profile; I recall it being downgraded to Gifted by mistake, but I believe he should still be genius.

The reason was because Antvasima didn't think being a combat genius or the best student at his school wasn't enough for Genius, but Kurama is consistently shown to be a Genius Botanist which applied to his combat skills as well. And he was able to create a cure to counter Dr Ichigaki's super poison within a short time just by looking at its molecules.

I can't argue anything for Kurama since I'm still on chapter 25.

I didn't see any showings of Intangibility on the spiritual bodies, like phasing through buildings and people. Seeing something invisible isn't NPI by itself, so unless there's some showings of that I think they shouldn't get NPI.

I'll look after them tho. Next thread will cover everything from ch. 26 to 50.

Demons were stated to be ghosts iirc, and even when Yusuke was an intangible ghost; Boton was able to slap him.

I thought seeing invisible things was Extrasensory Perception, not enhanced senses.

It is? Yusuke's seeing Koenma, not feeling her presence or watching him through some kind of radar.

Seeing something like a ghost is not exactly having enhanced eyesight, you would have to detect a completely different sensory input than what a normal eye is supposed to so it feels weird to call it "enhanced senses"

Actually scratch what I said. Apparently extra senses are covered by Enhanced senses..which I didn't think would be the case.

Okay, I suppose I have staff approval to apply these changes, correct?

• Enhanced Senses for Yusuke.
  • Update Weakness' section for Hiei. I'll wait until ending the arc before applying the Reigan thing to Yusuke's profile.
  • Rage Power for Yusuke.
The Mindhax topic is something I'll let in the limbo because RotofBots is planning a separate thread for it.

Kurama Could stop his mind be read by sealing his mind, it can be resistance/immunity I dont know, against mind attacks, like be Reading or attacked by abilities like genjutsu too

I'd like to restrict this thread to the main topic I suggested above until I get more into the manga, but that could be added if everyone's okay with it. I'm not familiar with the mechanics, but it sounds like Resistance to Telepathy

Okay, I've updated the profiles. I'll be back with the next 25 chapters revision soon. I can't say much about the other recent suggestions, but hopefully that'll change in the next weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back