• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: fixing Yubel Scaling + some additions

You can ask him to comment here via his message wall if you wish.

5D's Spirit World is completely different from the og series- so I wouldn't really bring it up.
  1. Exodia was explicitly weakened because of it tho, hence why it lost against Zorc in the first place. Even if your argument is correct- all you've done is proven that all of them are dependent on the user's Ba.
  2. It's not the same Exodia. The Exodia in season 5 was sealed by Shimon afterwards into 5 different tablets. Exodia in GX is literally from an alternative dimension.

Thank you for helping out. Has this been settled then?

1-watched the whole fight again no exodia was not weakened in power shimon just didn't have enough power to make it fully immortal
2- exodia wasn't originally from that dimension tho? If you are refering to why exodia came from the door then that was Because of Ritual of the Ultimate Forbidden Lord

1. ...So it was inferior to what it should have been.
  2. How do you know it wasn't originally from the third alternate dimension?

1-not really exodia was trading blows with zorc and was doing better than the gods until zorc used an attack that killed shimon and exodia in the process
2-umm Because it wasn't stated to be from that dimension? also amon was going to summon exodia without the door thingy it's just that edo used a spell that makes amon have 4 cards maximum in his hand so amon used what any man would do and kill his gf

1-Umm shimon lost his Ba that's why exodia died if he had more Ba exodia would've survived that that was my point anyways he still scales due to beating up zorc so it doesn't really matter
2-okay then can you prove that the exodia is diffrent than the one in DM? Because that's a really weak reasoning for believeing that it's a diffrent exodia

just Because a spirit gets summoned from an alternate dimension doesn't mean that they originate from said dimension

1. The fact that Exodia is affected by the Ba of the user shows why GX Exodia shouldn't be compared to Season 5 Exodia.
  2. No, if something is from an alternative dimension on this wiki we don't automatically scale it to its "main" counterpart.
Okay? The fact that it's not the same Exodia alone is enough- since Season 5 Exodia is sealed in tablets and GX Exodia is from an alt. dimension. Regardless, occam's razor also disagrees with you.

Last edited:
I already said I didn't see why scaling, but Data's arguments are fairly solid to say that directly scaling the two alternate versions of Exodia to each other shouldn't be done.

1-umm the regenration gets affected not the power i already said that KAs don't get weaker if there's less Ba but get more powerful if there's more Ba and there's multiple instances of that also if being affect by Ba means that they are unquantifiable to scale then almost all characters from DM to GX get the same treatment and basically the whole scaling gets ******
2-but he wasn't originally tho can you prove that he originate from that dimension? also we had a discussion about how spirits are always the same

Prove that he's not the same. He's sealed in the cards what's your point or are you gonna go with the cards arent the same spirits as the ones in the tablets. Pretty sure it works against you Because spirits were always considered the same you need more evidence to assume otherwise

Do we have an explanation blog or something for Ba & Ka?
I feel like a numbered list of rules (As in, the rules Ba & Ka appear to follow within canon, not rules for how we are to treat them.) with screenshots of the manga (&/or anime, if applicable.) showcasing &/or explaining those rules in canon.

Im probably gonna make a Ba and Ka blog in the future along with other blogs explaining other yugioh stuff

Im probably gonna make a Ba and Ka blog in the future along with other blogs explaining other yugioh stuff
I wish we had one right now. Would make these revisions much easier to understand, at least, for me, & thus, I currently feel it might be easier to come to a conclusion in the future.

Yeah that's true but as of right now i can't acces my pc so i can't do much right now

Have you reached any conclusions here?

Okay. Are there any members that I should notify for input help?

Zencha
  1. The idea that Ka gets stronger with more Ba but not weaker with less is pushing it, even by your own arguments.
    Even you admit that Exodia was standing his ground against Zorc- but as Shimon's Ba got weaker- Exodia then gets his arm annihilated, regens, and then even gets one-shot.
    As for the scaling, pretty sure it already takes that into account. Especially since Ba is rarely even used in it in this manner.
  2. Occam's razor dictates if it came from the alt. dimension, then Exodia probably originates from it too. Especially since Season 5 Exodia, I have to repeat, had been sealed within 5 tablets.
Season 5 Exodia was sealed in the tablets, it was even shown in the video I linked if you watched it. GX Exodia explicitly wasn't. That's all there is to it.

Season 5 Exodia is 5 thousand years before GX because of the time travel sheninigans, so the sealing could have just been changed

though again, we only see Exodia's seal as how it appears in the real world, so that could just be the form of the seal in the spirit world, as Exodia still requires the 5 cards to release just like in Duel Monsters

though, either way, that being a different Exodia wouldn't make sense, as Exodia is one of a kind monster just like the egyptian gods

btw, the alternate dimension is just a part of the spirit world, which you know, all duel monsters come from

It would be headcanon and against Occam's razor tho.

I don't think it's ever stated the monsters are also sealed in the Spirit World, especially since Season 4 and GX in general would contradict this.

I'm not sure about Exodia being one of a kind being stated.

DM and GX show that the Spirit World isn't the sole origin of monsters (Some kas are born from the evil of people's hearts in DM, GX has Neo Space orbiting Jupiter; for example)

1-well the feats support that Kas get stronger with Ba but not weaker im not bulling this out of my ass y know if you want to debunk this give instances where it was stated/shown that Kas get weaker than their base if there's less Ba
When exodia got his arm cut it he was not weakened wasn't stated or shown
Also what are talking about it was used when karim gave shada Ba shada's Ka became more powerful and was one shotting some monsters that he was having trouble with
2- you're acting like exodia didn't exist until S3 which is clearly wrong and what does him being sealed have to do with anything? Most monsters are sealed what's your point?
Also amon used other ways to summon exodia not by his effect but by the Ritual and exodius

1-well the feats support that Kas get stronger with Ba but not weaker im not bulling this out of my ass y know if you want to debunk this give instances where it was stated/shown that Kas get weaker than their base if there's less Ba
Isn't it possible for a Ka to become weakened from a powered-up state if there's Less Ba, even if it doesn't get weakened below base?
Ex: Ka has power of 100, Ba increases, so Ka power increases to 200. Ba decreases, Ka goes to 175. More than base, but still weakened, compared to the powered-up state, & the weakening is as a result of the decrease in Ba.
Of course, I'm not familiar with all this Ka & Ba stuff anyway.
Do you have scans as to what the evidence for Ba going up means Ka is strengthened & such?
When exodia got his arm cut it he was not weakened wasn't stated or shown
Also what are talking about it was used when karim gave shada Ba shada's Ka became more powerful and was one shotting some monsters that he was having trouble with
2- you're acting like exodia didn't exist until S3 which is clearly wrong and what does him being sealed have to do with anything? Most monsters are sealed what's your point?
Also amon used other ways to summon exodia not by his effect but by the Ritual and exodius

@Imaginym i mean it is possible but it is kinda headcanonish Because Kas are not shown or stated to get weaker but it exhaust the user
Can't take screenshots right now
But it was stated and shown that Kas can get stronger via will and hatred it's somehow related to Ba
Now for the examples/statments at the start of the arc when atem asks about what Kas are shimon says that they are born from the heart and that they got powered up by hatred
When aknadin saw bakura and shit his pants he wanted a strong Ka so he tortured a couple of criminals the criminals became more powerful due to feeling scared and not wanting to die
When karim was dying he gave shada all of his Ba karim died and shada's Ka became more powerful and bigger and he was able to one shot the monster that he was having trouble with

Last edited:
Ep 201 for shimon explaining how Kas work and how they grow with evil
Ep end of 207 and 208 is when aknadin tortures the criminals to get them more powerful
Ep 213 for karim giving shada Ba

Ep 201 for shimon explaining how Kas work and how they grow with evil
Ep end of 207 and 208 is when aknadin tortures the criminals to get them more powerful
Ep 213 for karim giving shada Ba
I assume Sub should be consulted where possible? Is dub dialogue completely unacceptable to consult in all instances?

Yep
Also im planning to separate 4kids dub from the original Because it changes so much

Have you reached any conclusions here?

Not yet
But it's fine im gonna contact you when we reach a conclusions

Okay. That is fine. I will unsubscribe to this thread then.

Back