• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: fixing Yubel Scaling + some additions

Zencha9

They/Them
1st i would like to know why is amon's exodia considered to be not at full power when there's no indication of exodia being weakened

now to some yubel feats
  • while weakened yubel was able to subdue the sacred beasts with her will/spirit power
31973dd8217f449615180e13d8c6f117.jpg

ca76e91b45ccb35c6a0625986f96a5ba.jpg

607c6a200e64a9b502ded8ca5412fb6b.jpg

27c9fd83fc82c0d60543e28a3f3c28c9.jpg

• while heavily weakened yubel was able to block amon's attacks (empowered by exodia ) twice the 2nd time she overpowers and reflects the attack it back at amon
67accee4a2bf7a3c339e09d5d06bd66d.jpg

1a81592101278cf4ed5e527d88a7e64e.png

138227ca98637b6fbe3e9719455bc31c.jpg

87c0faa1e831696a8386569337048357.jpg

bd3981746da6b8d36158e9dbfa9734c1.jpg

f5614f8af8196c0fa97558c6e548a7b0.jpg

2a9fdcac90bfbf3056a2c55598b85b67.jpg

ee2c518f7c3c7caa4808ca35629662d9.jpg

TLDR
  1. exodia not being at his strongest is nonsense because there's no indication of exodia being weakened
  2. yubel scales to full powered exodia
  3. yubel gainst the abilities of the sacred beasts because she has them
also for the people that don't know much about YGO yubel possess other characters that's why the scans shows different characters

Last edited:
seems good

though she should be 3-A since she's he gentle darkness, with the universe having been created by the darkness, and can beat the light of destruction, which can erase the universe

It feels a bit strange to assume this Exodia is the same Exodia or the same strength as The Exodia from Ancient Egypt, but I'm not entirely opposed to the notion.

Looking into it, the Exodia Cards involved were Yubel's (I haven't learned how she got them.), but she used them while possessing Marcel, then gave them to Adrian Gecko as part of a deal. Unsure of the details of this deal.
But the Exodia Spirit itself is freed in the third Alternate Dimension, by breaking a seal. How this seal is broken is by sacrificing the duel energy of someone close to you. For Adrien, that's Echo.
Also, the Exodia from Egypt would be dead, no, after the conflict with Zorc, thousands of years ago, so how could it be the same one? Do we have an explanation in canon?
& other than scaling to Yubel, it lacks feats, no? Unless we assume this Exodia Spirit that was sealed in another dimension is equally powerful as the one that fought Zorc because "The" Forbidden One is a Spirit or something?

Unsure if that's of any significance. Still, it is an Exodia from another dimension, & sealed & freed with a different method than the previous.

Last edited:
Also, the Exodia from Egypt would be dead, no, after the conflict with Zorc, thousands of years ago, so how could it be the same one? Do we have an explanation in canon?
the exodia tablets weren't destroyed iirc, so it wasn't a permanent death

& other than scaling to Yubel, it lacks feats, no? Unless we assume this Exodia Spirit that was sealed in another dimension is equally powerful as the one that fought Zorc because "The" Forbidden One is a Spirit or something?
Unsure if that's of any significance. Still, it is an Exodia from another dimension, & sealed & freed with a different method than the previous.
There's no reason to assume it's any different, as gx is a direct sequel of Duel Monsters

also, the world of the Duel Spirits is a separate dimesion, so Exodia has always came from another dimension

the exodia tablets weren't destroyed iirc, so it wasn't a permanent death
If you recall correctly? If Exodia dying in the Milennium World may be of consequence, shouldn't we verify that?
There's no reason to assume it's any different, as gx is a direct sequel of Duel Monsters
Being from a sequel series in the same continuity isn't 100% enough to make them entirely alike, & Exodia was often referred to as though it was a singular entity, no?
also, the world of the Duel Spirits is a separate dimesion, so Exodia has always came from another dimension
Just to be sure, where/how was this stated?

Pardon my probing. please.

monsters in yugioh are always treated as the same why would exodia be any different ?
and even if exodia dies or his stone tablet gets destroyed he will just return to the afterlife like all other monsters and humans
diabound got killed and his tablet destroyed and was able to be summoned after all of that. and no says that he's different or anything like that all of the characters refer to him as the same diabound why would exodia be any different ?
and the shimon while using exodia was heavily weakened and didn't have enough BA to keep exopdia fighting zorc. meanwhile amon sacrificed his GF and had full control of exodia without showing any sgins of weakness unlike shimon

monsters in yugioh are always treated as the same why would exodia be any different ?
Being called "The Forbidden One", & being Legendary to the point of being split up & sealed? & if they could call on monsters from the 3rd alternate dimension, then why did that Exodia end up sealed?
and even if exodia dies or his stone tablet gets destroyed he will just return to the afterlife like all other monsters and humans
The 3rd Duel Spirit Dimension, where losing a duel is death, is an afterlife?
diabound got killed and his tablet destroyed and was able to be summoned after all of that. and no says that he's different or anything like that all of the characters refer to him as the same diabound why would exodia be any different ?
Wasn't that Diabound summoned post-death via card in a Shadow Game?
and the shimon while using exodia was heavily weakened and didn't have enough BA to keep exopdia fighting zorc. meanwhile amon sacrificed his GF and had full control of exodia without showing any sgins of weakness unlike shimon
Agreed, but wasn't part of how Adrian/Amon obtained Exodia through a deal with Yubel?

Being called "The Forbidden One", & being Legendary to the point of being split up & sealed? & if they could call on monsters from the 3rd alternate dimension, then why did that Exodia end up sealed?
that's an exodia thing when shimon summoned him he was sealed in the tablets same with amon he needed the exodia pieces in his hand against edo in order to realase the seal to summon the real exodia but couldn't do so because edo/aster had some card that makes him only have 4 cards or something like that so he sacrificed his GF by using the exodia spell in order to release exodia by using exodius
The 3rd Duel Spirit Dimension, where losing a duel is death, is an afterlife?
no the afterlife is the place where atem goes to in the end of DM the place where monsters and humans die (like atem's father)
and the place kaiba goes to in the end of DSOD
Wasn't that Diabound summoned post-death via card in a Shadow Game?
no he was summoned because the seal of the afterlife was being weakened
Agreed, but wasn't part of how Adrian/Amon obtained Exodia through a deal with Yubel?
no it was with aster/edo

that's an exodia thing when shimon summoned him he was sealed in the tablets same with amon he needed the exodia pieces in his hand against edo in order to realase the seal to summon the real exodia but couldn't do so because edo/aster had some card that makes him only have 4 cards or something like that so he sacrificed his GF by using the exodia spell in order to release exodia by using exodius
Wasn't there physically a big, chained up door Exodia's spirit was locked behind that Aster was blocking the way to?
no the afterlife is the place where atem goes to in the end of DM the place where monsters and humans die (like atem's father)
and the place kaiba goes to in the end of DSOD
Then why did you say "and even if exodia dies or his stone tablet gets destroyed he will just return to the afterlife like all other monsters and humans"?
no he was summoned because the seal of the afterlife was being weakened
Diabound was in that same place? & so was Exodia, despite the seal that unlocked it in the 3rd alternate dimension?
no it was with aster/edo
From what I've read on the Yugioh Wiki, Adrian/Amon obtained Exodia through a deal with Yubel, & Marcel had used Exodia previously, when possessed by Yubel.

Wasn't there physically a big, chained up door Exodia's spirit was locked behind that Aster was blocking the way to?
yep
Then why did you say "and even if exodia dies or his stone tablet gets destroyed he will just return to the afterlife like all other monsters and humans"?
because unlike humans monsters can be reborn from the afterlife like diabound
Diabound was in that same place? & so was Exodia, despite the seal that unlocked it in the 3rd alternate dimension?
yeah bakura and diabound died in and were reborn in front of the millenum Stone. not sure what you're talking about here
but exodia being 5 cards/tablets is the seal the difference between his GX and DM apperance is the gate that he was summoned from in GX and that was due to the ritual spell
From what I've read on the Yugioh Wiki, Adrian/Amon obtained Exodia through a deal with Yubel, & Marcel had used Exodia previously, when possessed by Yubel.
just checked and no amon when dueling marcel was using cloudians up til the sacred beasts came in and yeeted couldian eye of the typhoon with the passive soul manip yubel then suppress them as shown in the scans

Last edited:
yep

because unlike humans monsters can be reborn from the afterlife like diabound

yeah bakura and diabound died in and were reborn in front of the millenum Stone. not sure what you're talking about here
My issue is Adrian's/Amon's Exodia was gotten from cards from Yubel & unsealed in what's supposedly the 3rd alternate dimension, not an afterlife. Or rather, sealed behind some big, chained up door that doesn't look much like the doorway Atem took to the afterlife. I'd question that Exodia was in an afterlife to begin with.
just checked and no amon when dueling marcel was using cloudians up til the sacred beasts came in and yeeted couldian eye of the typhoon with the passive soul manip yubel then suppress them as shown in the scans
I don't deny that Adrian/Amon was using Cloudians before Exodia. I was claiming he obtained Exodia from Yubel.
If you have scans (Of how Adrian/Amon obtained Exodia, in particular.), I'd appreciate it if you could link them. Thank you, & sorry for any bother.

Looking at what the Wikia said:
"Adrian later reappears in the third alternate dimension after the fall of The Supreme King with his left arm imbued with a portion of Yubel's power. Intending to become the dimension's king he sacrificed Echo, to free the spirit of "Exodia the Forbidden One" from imprisonment and make it his servant, defeating Aster Phoenix in the process."

My issue is Adrian's/Amon's Exodia was gotten from cards from Yubel & unsealed in what's supposedly the 3rd alternate dimension, not an afterlife. Or rather, sealed behind some big, chained up door that doesn't look much like the doorway Atem took to the afterlife. I'd question that Exodia was in an afterlife to begin with.
yes he got it from yubel exodia appeared from the the door because that's the effect of the Ritual of the Ultimate Forbidden Lord he was going to summon exodia normally but edo/aster used force of four and said no
you also see exodia's head on the door after he uses the spell so it was not there up until he activated

I don't deny that Adrian/Amon was using Cloudians before Exodia. I was claiming he obtained Exodia from Yubel.
If you have scans (Of how Adrian/Amon obtained Exodia, in particular.), I'd appreciate it if you could link them. Thank you, & sorry for any bother.

Looking at what the Wikia said:
"Adrian later reappears in the third alternate dimension after the fall of The Supreme King with his left arm imbued with a portion of Yubel's power. Intending to become the dimension's king he sacrificed Echo, to free the spirit of "Exodia the Forbidden One" from imprisonment and make it his servant, defeating Aster Phoenix in the process."
yes he obtained it from yubel what's wrong with that ?
"After making his reappearance in the third alternate dimension after The Supreme King is defeated, Adrien plays an Exodia Deck, using the Exodia pieces he received from Yubel as part of their deal. "

I feel like I should check the episode's content myself. No offense meant. I want to look at the lines, when the door appeared, how Exodia's head appeared, the context of how/why Yubel gave him the Exodia cards, etc.

Apologies if you mind my argumentativeness. I hope I haven't been unpleasant so far.

i am also at fault if i made you think i'm annoyed by you or anything it's just how i debate

i am also at fault if i made you think i'm annoyed by you or anything it's just how i debate
No problem. In my opinion, debate can sometimes SEEM a bit hostile, since it's in its nature to involve lots of speaking contrary to what other people said with certainty, for one. Not inherently bad, but it can be emotionally misinterpreted.

Exodia's power comes directly from the Ba of the user. Is there any point proving that they're equal to Shimon?

I'm not quite familiar with GX (mainly because I hate it) but Yubel should scale.
However, are we sure that counts as Yubel's AP and not mental power or similar?
Can we take in account the original rules of Ba etc... even if GX basically ignores what was established in the original series? (I mean, all the lore and rules about what monsters are and else are twisted and/or ignored in GX)

It's diffulicult to say what GX actually uses and what not, but all the lore and thing about the monsters being the manifestation of the user's spiritual energy and such are gone.
In GX monsters live in another dimension (but are independant spirits at the same time) and can play with the cards of themselves and a bunch of other weird stuff in different arcs, at least from what I remember.
Even the world building and the society are quite different, but that doesn't mean much.

Exodia's power comes directly from the Ba of the user. Is there any point proving that they're equal to Shimon?
1-that's literally every KA in existance also KAs get powered up by the user's will/BA but don't get weakened by them and there's multiple instances of that
like the whole bakura fights everyone at some point had really low BA including atem but he managed to kill him also Dark magician was able to repel the spirits and fight diabound while atem was having existential crisis these are same spirits can tank multiple attacks from a fully powered dark magician that scales above diabound normally
2-the fact the it's the same exodia
@SamanPatou spirit world was already established in DM

Last edited:
it's just some KA mechanics that are different than the other spirits otherwise it's still very consistent with GX and 5D's spirits

So have you reached any conclusions here?

some explainsions to not get confused
KA : is basically stands from jojo but powered up by BA
BA : is what powers up KA it's based off life energy and strong will

basically data thinks because exodia is powered up by BA we can't scale him definitively
i said that all KAs in existance are powered up by BA and that all KAs get powered up by BA but they don't get weakened if the user's will gets destroyed and i gave an example of that
example being : when yugi was having existential crisis dark magician(his KA/stand) was able to deflect the ghosts that were attacking him the same ghosts that tanked mutliple attacks from a fully powered dark magician later on
and i'm still waiting for data's response

KAs kind of depend on BA, like Exodia who couldn't fight Zorc for long because Athem's prime minister (the one who looks like Yugi's grandpa) was also taking damage.
I think that we have more examples in DM, but I'm unsure.

This and your example don't cancel each other, though, it's still valid, I just wanted to point that out.

there wasn't any statment of shimon or his exodia being weakened tho
the only thing zorc notes is that he is fully immortal because his power is infinite meanwhile exodia is not fully immortal because he draws power from a single human

Tbh, I'm not even seeing why Yubel scales to Exodia based on those scans. I do agree with the ability additions for them tho.

Back