• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your favorite character runs a VS Battles Dating Gauntlet

Your favorite character gets stuck in an Outerversal dating gameshow, and the only way for them to escape is to score a date with one of the three lovely contestants. Choose three random characters, to be those contestants, and then comment which one your favorite character is the most likely to walk home with tonight. You may reroll if a character is a minor or is not the preferred gender for your character.

Last edited:
I will take the liberty to only take characters I have the barest idea about.

And... I suppose I'll do a gauntlet for Bai Xiaochun, Han Jee-Han, and Ruby.

Bai Xiaochun:
Of course, Bai would be the lucky bastard...

Well, most likely, he'd go with Anna. He would find her the most attractive, and she's the oldest (in his first key he is about 25, and in his last key he is about... 80?) and the second strongest. Chaos looks like a child, is a few months old, and has a very twisted understanding of emotions, so he'd find her creepy. Rin is a tsundere, and Bai is egoistic enough that he'd find offense in her attitude.

Han:
...This is what happens when you don't raise your luck stat. Uh... he isn't gay, so it's a bit awkward. I have a feeling Arack is out by default though, so probably Reygul? Both are magicians, Han wouldn't mind his philosophy and goals, and he probably is nearest to his tastes with his long hair and thin built.

Ruby
I mean... there is one obvious answer here. Schera is a scythe-wielding fighter. She also has charismatic aura, so most likely her regardless.

I'll probably choose for V (Cyberpunk) and Sekiro

V (Cyberpunk 2077)
It's a toss up between Irina and Black Cat, because V is pretty much into both being a hitman and thief. But maybe walk home with Irina? Idk, the first two are pretty awesome choices for V lol

Sekiro
Probably Kyoshi of all of them. Both are martial artists and are pretty stoic so Wolf would probably prefer that over the questionably dressed dark skinned girl and the more mischievous and menacing Tattletale. Their date might be a bit boring since they'll probably exchange notes and techniques but otherwise this would be what Wolf wanted

I'll do so for three as well; Shigeo Kageyama, Wang Lin and Nyarlathotep

Let's begin;
1. Shigeo Kageyama.

So, he's definitely not taking the big green alien men (seriously, what's up with his luck?). By elimination and the fact that D.Va is closest to his age, he'll probably walk home with her for obvious reasons.

2. Wang Lin.
Wang Lin has an obsession with his deceased wife as sort of a mental coping mechanism for all the insanity and detachment from mortality in his life but for the purposes of this thread, I'll assume this isn't an issue.

So, he'll probably bond with 47 over being badasses and Riku over their white hair but he's most likely walking home with Yor. I mean, who wouldn't?

3. Nyarlathotep

Lilithmon seems his type. Or maybe Darth Nihilus, they both seem to enjoy causing untold suffering.

I default to Pokemon (Obvious reason is obvious.) & for characters.... Well, I think there'd be some discomfort evaluating whether or not a Pokemon can date someone, & for the human characters, many of them are below 18, or I don't know them well enough to debate them, OR I don't like them (Meaning they're not my FAVORITE character) so....
Team Rocket (Jessie/James) it is!

Now let's see how my luck fared:
Automatic failure. It's a carnivore over 5 meters tall, & 13 to 14 meters long, with animalistic intelligence; If it detects them, it probably won't have any interest in dating them, so much as trying to eat them, & I don't think Jessie & James want to date it, either, even if they don't want to eat it.

James is a nice person, criminal tendencies aside, & is good at caretaking, as shown by the fact that he can be a good Pokemon Trainers & knows how to treat them well. But he can be a bit squeamish & weak-minded, & has odd interests like bottle cap collecting.
Meanwhile, Jessie is a dreamer, with delusions of grandeur, vanity, bossy & has a quick, awful temper.

Mocking, & extremely vain about his hair. I don't think he'd be willing to date either Jessie or James.

So out of the 3 characters, it comes down to Imu.
Their evil aside....
If Imu likes men, James might have a shot, but he might not have the stomach or patience for her field of hospital work.
Imu likes women.... Well, Imu seems like the reserved confident type, from what I've read & she apparently gets flustered easily, & also gets good grade, apparently. But I think Jessie's vanity, bossyness & anger would make Jessie insufferable for Imu.

They could help her with battling, though they'd be weak compared to Imu (& presumably, other Senran Kagura characters.), & their Pokemon aiding the ninjas in battles might be questionable, hindering Jessie's/James's opportunities to bond with her that way.

Not to mention, Imu can be obsessive with her hospitalized best friend. I feel like Jessie or James could both know the plight of Imu & Miyabi (Both can get emotional, & Jessie can kind of idealize things in her head, while James often seems more compassionate than her.), but James might fare better, since Jessie might eventually just prove too inconsiderate, even if Miyabi might make it difficult to date Imu at all.

So yeah. Between the two Team Rocket members, it seems like Jessie fails, & it's a toss-up/coin-flip/50-50, more or less chance that James succeeds.

OP says "and then comment which one your favorite character is the most likely to walk home with tonight", so I guess it's Imu, & for James, specifically.

Last edited:
In fairness someone submitted Nyarlathotep as their favorite character which in-universe would likely be infinitely worse than going out with a pokemon.

In fairness someone submitted Nyarlathotep as their favorite character which in-universe would likely be infinitely worse than going out with a pokemon.
For future reference (My own & anyone else concerned.), should that be intepreted as your allowance of debating dating a Pokemon?
Nonetheless, I can abstain if you prefer.

Imagine being tickled into submission by High 1-A bat things being the start of the date kek

For future reference (My own & anyone else concerned.), should that be intepreted as your allowance of debating dating a Pokemon?
Nonetheless, I can abstain if you prefer.
I'm just saying that relative to other dating choices, dating a pokemon isn't all that bad for the character. And it doesn't have to be a super romantic or sexual thing, since I did mention that Wolf and Kyoshi in-character probably wouldn't be doing sex and love stuff anyway lol

Yeah, I am not presenting that screenshot to say "no, that's wrong!". It was more in a humorous spirit.

I'm just saying that relative to other dating choices, dating a pokemon isn't all that bad for the character. And it doesn't have to be a super romantic or sexual thing, since I did mention that Wolf and Kyoshi in-character probably wouldn't be doing sex and love stuff anyway lol
Right then.
Yeah, I am not presenting that screenshot to say "no, that's wrong!". It was more in a humorous spirit.
Fair enough.
Now then....
With Mew (Pokemon)
Indomitus Rex?
"Lol, no." FRA.
Devil Long Hair?
This is where it gets messy.
Do we allow forced dating?
Ex:
Mind Manipulation via Hypnosis (XD Tutor XD)?(& you thought you & your clone were SOOO alike, Mew)?
Empathic Manipulation via Charm (Thanks, Gen 8 TMs!) ?
Heck, Mew can learn Captivate, despite Unknown Gender/Genderless, but can still learn it. Thanks, Gen 4 TMs!)
(That reminds me that that needs to be revised.)
It could possibly even trick them with Transform or such, or just beat/scare them into compliance.

If forcing a date were allowed, Mew could definitely do it, between its hax, & High 5-B making it higher tiered than roughly half of the other tiers that exist.
If it can't force a date, Devil Long Hair is obsessed with its hair & mocking. Even if Mew turned into a mirror image, I think his ego & condescending nature would make it reject any advances.

Imu?
Besides that she might not like the idea.....
Well, if Mew transformed into a likeness of her best friend, she might like that it'd go to such depths as to change its appearance & masquerade as a human to date it, & knowingly chose someone it should know she cares so deeply for.... Or she'd be deeply offended that it'd make use of someone else's appearance without their permission, & risk disrespecting that person's identity.

It could try using Heal Pulse to heal her best friend, but then Imu might be so overjoyed she dates it.... Or she goes & dates her newly healed best friend instead, though eternally grateful.
....Or she falls into despair that she wasted so much of life, training, researching, & being beside her friend in the hospital when all it took was finding this magical creature fixing everything on a whim & her efforts by comparison seemingly meant nothing.
Or it fails & she appreciates the effort OR it fails & she hates that it thought just fixing her problem with its magic powers would make her willing to date it.

Although it is highly intelligent, only showing itself to those with a strong desire, & when it is around, it's playful, & often uses Transform. Not to mention it can naturally become invisible, can fly, & is 40 cm tall. Its behaviour also suggest it is naturally reclusive.

Without using its powers (Aside from maybe flight &/or telekinesis, so that it can reach or hold things normal people can; Might be awkward for it to have to jump to grab the door's knob, & even then, it might have trouble opening the door when it's clinging to the knob several feet off the ground.) Mew's biggest hurdle might be getting itself to start the date in the first place. XD

& since I technically picked a new character (Mew is not Jessie, nor James.), I guess I'll roll thrice more. Sorry if anyone minds.

Akio (Godzilla)
No idea. Her profile is woefully undetailed, beyond that she's a Godzilla comic protagonist, fought some things, is a strong, highly trained warrior, & is a survivalist.
Pokemon can endear themselves to Pokemon trainers, but dating is another matter, & Mew has its own issues with even showing up, so I think it's a tossup against Mew's favor.
Weather Report
With me only knowing of him what's on the profile.... Well, for one, seems he's already been "burned" by romance gone wrong that, among other issues lead to his lover's death.
He already has a super-powered companion (His Stand.), so he might not want a Pokemon, even though a Stand (Even his.) may not be as independent as a Pokemon. He's also a memory-wiped man forcefully sent to prison.
His experience with love might change the verdict, but apparently, his memories were stolen, so if those include his experience with love, that's irrelevant.
If he has those memories, then it could go either way, since it could either be "Sure, I know my way around, I'll pity date you if you're so desperate" or "Stop bothering me. I've loved & lost, so get outta here."
Charismatic, but can be obsessive, & seems to be very controlling (Profile-noted obsession with controlling, he runs a school for evil.) so....
Well, if Blood realizes Mew is so powerful, he might go on a date with it under false pretenses to try & gain control of it.
I'm not sure how Blood would react to the prospect of dating anyone otherwise.... Then again, comics are known to have romantic sub-plots, but, AFAIK, aren't those usually for heroes, not villains who are also creepy old men? (But this is the cartoon's Brother Blood, so.... Did he EVER show any kind of romantic tendencies?)
Not to mention, he's evil, so Mew, given it has its own Psychic powers, & how Pokemon can be very in tune with humans, might be averse to his evil-ness, especially since Mew won't show itself to someone without a pure heart.

So I guess Blood is "Mew probably doesn't even show up, but if it can bring itself to ask him out, it gets the date, but for evil reasons & probably not for actual dating reasons".
Do we count dates that the characters being asked out accept under false, non-romantic premises that the character being asked out created themselves, as successful?

Okay I'll give it a shot

So I'm going with my boy Jonathan Joestar

1. Beru
2. B2 Grapple Droid
3. Priscilla

1 is a hard nope, Jonathan wouldn't like em for sure. 2.........its a machine Jonathan wouldn't know what to do there. 3. I know little Priscilla but Claymore sounds like the sort of verse where the people there need a hug, fortunately Jonathan would be happy to make sure she's okay

Another one, let's try Siegfried (Soul Calibur)

1. The Runner
2. Catwoman (Post Crisis)
3. Merphistophelin

1 would be interesting, I feel that Siegfried would dislike running from one's sins however but Runner seems likable enough. 2. Selina likes brooding guys I'm told and Sieg does that a lot, he'd likely try to be polite but she'd poke and annoy him into being a man of passion. 3. Yeah nah lol

Bowser has to get a date with Cogliostro, Hercules (Disney), or Hanyuu Furude. Given bowser's appearance and character he's in trouble. lucky here is the definition of date: a social or romantic appointment or engagement. So I guess he tries to see if the kid would be a good playmate for BJ and do a playdate with them.

Alright my turn.
Asriel gets- Rein Kashiwagi, Venom, Silver Sable
Based on the things that I see on their profiles I would have to say Rein, As bad as this sounds Rein is around the age of Asriel since she is 13 and Asriel was at his preteens at the time of his death. This is not the only reason why I say Rein it's also because Asriel is not the type of goat to date a Symbiote or a 36 year old Mercenary. Last Rein seems to be the least violent out of all of them and we all can agree that goatbro needs a kind one.
Michael Myers (2018 Timeline) gets- Norman Osborn, Azule Bakugan,Doctor ******* Strange
I recon Michael Myers remains trapped if he has a choice due to the fact that Michael Myers is a human that does not understand the concept of Good or Evil nor Reason, Now if Michael has too I would say Norman due to their similarities at murder and such.
The Anti Spiral gets-Ancient One, Kotoura Haruka, Destoryah . ( WTF IS THIS?)
If Anti Spiral has too Then it's gonna be Kotoura because I know that the Anti Spiral is not the type of entity to date a tree or Some giant Lizard Unicorn. plus the Anti Spiral loves knowledge so He is not gonna date Creatures with Animalistic intelligence. (Tho just imagine a ******* telepathic highschool girl dating a 11D creature bigger than the multiverse.)
Yog-Sothoth gets- Titania Root Astel,Githyanki,Umbreon
(This one is beyond Complex and odd just why tho?)
Alright this one is between Astel and Githyanki because at this point inelegance should be the only important thing here to a omniscient creature Like Yog and I am too lazy to determine who the Mighty Yog will date in detail like the others. (Damn 3D creatures on a date with the all huge and powerful outergod.)

Last edited:
Yog-Sothoth gets a woman pregnant once for what it's worth...

o4n49.jpg

my reaction to the twins

Last edited:
For what it's worth Titania doesn't look too dissimilar from an inbred Southern albino girl, heck it might be an upgrade for him.

Sound fun. Let's do it. I shall follow my chinamen Dao brother's steps...pun...only they will get it.

Those will be the lucky/unlucky characters: Qin Mu, Zhong Yue, and Vash the Stampede.

Qin Mu:

Knowing the history of Spiderman's villains, Hydroman will likely attack first and ask later if he meets Qin Mu which will result in a bad situation for him. Qin Mu will likely "force him tenderly" to become a subordinate for him and give the secrets of his hydroform. Qin Mu is also not interested in men so he will court Hydroman in any way...well maybe just court him to death. Kenta is a kid and he has a soft spot for them as he likes to treat them nicely. He will likely hit nice with Kenta because of the Beyblade which will make Qin Mu interested as a blacksmith who can create all kinds of artifacts/weapons. I could see him trying to replicate it by combining the Primordial Spirit with the Beyblade or whatever come to his mind. Finally, Lieselotte will not be something that new for him as he has meet seductive and playful women like her. Knowing her verse, he will likely help her and thus make her fall in love with him but he's the obvious kind, unfortunately, and not realize she is loving him romantically (not his fault that he's dense but how he was raised). But if she says directly what she wants without creating misunderstanding he will likely do more than just go on a date with her.

Zhong Yue:

Spongebob will annoy the heck out of Zhong Yue and since his lifeform is something new he only has one path - he will become a specimen for Zhong Yue to experiment on him cause he got influence by his Senior Brother. Of course, he won't kill Spongebob as he can split him and extract his soul while alive and without pain (kinda macabre being alive and seeing this happening to you but at least no pain). Let it be known that Zhong Yue is not ruthless without a reason but he had a bad influence and he usually would help 120% of those in need (even more if they are human who suffered at the hand of others). This argument coming in help with the next date - Clare. He will help her take revenge on the Organization, likely create a new body for her if she will want (a fully human one), maybe even augment her (show her the way of cultivation), then if nothing left (if she won't fall in love with him cause she already has Reiki or whatever name he had) then he will leave peacefully the planet and continue his Path to help humans take back what they have lost. Now the third one is really interesting, Habaki who is on his journey to defeat the demons and help humanity (similar goal for Zhong Yue). They will hit well with the common goal and eccentric personalities. Won't be off to say that he will impart his cultivation/information with him and in-reverse ask about his powers and the like. Won't be strange to see him developing a Law since the Dao is alike. They will be fine comrades.

Vash the Stampede:

Vash is straight so Date won't attract his attention but seeing how he has no problem killing people they won't hit that well since Vash would rather kill himself than let anyone die before his eyes. They will part ways and if Date will go for a fight, Vash will stop him, of course without killing. Aku will likely try to corrupt him but won't succeed (even if he tries to use the female form)...Vash will likely play the goofy personality if he meets Aku in the female form but he will know it's not a normal being (since he himself is not). A fight will start and idk how it will go since I'm don't remember if he will kill non-human beings but same remembering Ren's words he will not take any life of any kind I think. Maybe Vash will be sent in the future or another time like Jack ...now I wanna see this anime-cartoon-crossover. Riko would have worked well for him since both use guns and of course since she's a girl but that's the problem - she's 16 underages. He won't go that low no matter how much he likes to flirt and try to date any women he meets. They will likely hit off with their mastery of gun and be done.

I'll take a crack at it with my Main Man Obito Uchiha.

.... You've gotta be ******* ******** me.

Well, depending on which point in time these Characters are all in, I could see Obito picking any of them, but probably either Vader or Gravity Beetle given how ******* similar they are just to talk about said similarities.

Alright, now my Boi Darth Vader. I'm gonna assume all the characters are from either after their stories are complete or as far as they are at the moment.

.... This has has to be a joke. What are the ******* odds of that?!

Anyways, Ladybug is immediately out of the running given that she's a kid, so that leaves Siegfried and Obito who do share some things in common with Vader, especially Obito. I think he would pick Obito just because of the sheer similarities between them.

Back