• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your favorite character pops some balloons in the middle of the street

Oh yeah I remember nominating Ren for this He destroys with insta kill and sinful shell.

This Time I wanna try Luffy

Yeah Luffy should pretty easily deal with most of the early game and I expect him to deal with moabs pretty well up to the high tiers. Rounds of concern for Luffy will likely be 76, 78, 80, and pretty much most of the 90's as well as round 100

I’d argue Luffy uses Gear fourth For the Harder rounds. Not to mention he has durability Neg for all attacks now

Well the thing about rounds like 76 and 78, and hell, even 63, is that durability negation will explicitly not work on them, as their difficulty comes from tightly packed bloons. You need to have really good pierce/AoE in order to beat those rounds. There's just a massively clumped pack of bloons which end up having the equivalent health of multiple MOABs and even BFBs. Of course, if your attacks have no pierce cap it's easy, but if you're not insanely good at attacking many opponents at once on 4 different fronts, you're gonna lose

I can't find that on his notable attacks/techniques section. How many bloons can he pop per second with that do you imagine?

what about red hawk specifically is durability negating? I can't really say whether or not it'd work just off the question

also, after seeing that, I think I'm pretty thoroughly convinced that he can take care of every round up to 80, likely even 90. It's those super late rounds where it becomes questionable

Red hawk Burns the inside of the opponent. It does an explosion on the inside of the body animation wise.

hmmmm. I don't think that sort of thing would work as well against bloons in particular for 2 reasons.

1: that sort of thing is typically durability negating on account of a person's organs and whatnot being far more vulnerable than the outside of their body (an attack from a rat or something would probably be fatal if they attacked my internal organs even if it wouldn't be fatal otherwise). However bloon's don't have organs like that. And you can actually see the inside of various MOAB class bloons. They're mostly hollow

2. There's actually a monkey that already has a somewhat similar attack. the 5-x-x boomerang monkey (glaive lord)'s main attack "leaves fragments in the first Bloon hit which slowly slash it apart" and this is handled as essentially just a standard DoT effect. The damage per second it does to a MOAB class bloon is similar to if it were just constantly being hit by glaives from the outside.

So basically, this would just be treated as standard fire damage, which can admittedly still damage high tier bloons, but if it's still a tier 7 attack, but on the inside, it won't do much

ok so the thing about that is that a sun avatar, let alone a temple, sends out rapidfire shots which are each individually much stronger than the Kong Gun's low end and a BAD will leak to a sun avatar or temple

tbh I'm not actually certain that Luffy loses on round 100. I'm still kinda trying to think about how much damage Luffy can do in the many seconds it takes the BAD to reach the exit. I intentionally didn't equalize speed to allow for characters like Luffy to blitz because I think it could be more interesting that way. Luffy can definitely send out FAR more attacks per second than a sun god, so it's possible that the attack speed could make the difference. non-regrow bloons don't really regenerate health so any damage done is permanent. I am fairly sure that with relativistic attack speed absolutely trumps anything the bloons verse has to offer, especially considering that bloons have an upper bound of massively hypersonic+ on account of the fastest bloons not being able to dodge lightning and even then, pinks and DDT's (the fastest bloons) are only really considered hypersonic

Back