• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your Character fights off an Invasion

Jinsye

She/Her
Yeet, this'll be simple. Your character fights against the Invaders

Conditions

• The fighter is inside a decently large castle with 2 hours to prepare for the invasion. No other inhabitants are inside the castle.
  • The Nexus is in the throne room of the center of the castle.
  • If the Nexus is destroyed (gets hit 50 times), the fighter dies (and can not be saved by any form of resurrection or Regenerationn or immortalities).
  • If fighter dies, they dies.
  • They have all of their standard and optional equipment
  • In order to win, they must defend the Nexus for 50 waves
  • Their stats will be equalized to the level of Late-Game Steve
  • If you submit a character with bullshit hax like High-Godly, smurf 1-A destruction, conceptual erasure with a thought, passive atomization or something. It will automatically be considered a loss for them and a win for the Invaders. So please pick interesting characters.
Results
Beat the Invasion: 0

Succumbed to the Invasion: 0

The Slayer (Darkest Dungeon) is not my character but is a Mod Character from Darkest Dungeons and I think he could do reasonably well in this.

He has self-sustain with Rip & Tear, his Spiked Sabot allows him to stun some of the more dangerous foes along with debuffs with bag & tag, all while his Double Barrel hits multiple others at a time. His mobility is really high with Reeling Reload allowing him to travel across the map with great speed. His Biting Blade is effectively instant allowing him to shoot, chainsaw, shoot all without a hitch. The Double Barrel + Chainsaw combo works really well on armored and tanky creatures as well as it debuffs their defenses.

And for when he gets really desperate The Bound For Glory (BFG) gets stronger the longer he fights. So by the late rounds it could likely one-shot those really big and tanky threats.

EDIT: If we allow optional equipment, the Fourfold Harm Charm doubles his damage output but also doubles the damage he takes, but along with that the Parasitic Gauntlet keeps him from dying with increased healing from Rip & Tear and Damage Reduction. Since in-game he can only have two trinkets at a time, those two would be the ones he uses. I think that helps him even more here because even though he takes more damage, it is reduced and he is dealing more and healing more than before.

Do we assume they have the building speed of Steve? Since not many people can realistically erect a castle in 2 hours.

So the characters suggested get the combat stats of Steve but maintain their hax?

Moritzva said:
Do we assume they have the building speed of Steve? Since not many people can realistically erect a castle in 2 hours.
They're already in a castle, the most they need is to patch up walls if anyone breaks in.

JohnConquest1 said:
So the characters suggested get the combat stats of Steve but maintain their hax?
Yes

Not my character but I'll put the Littlepip page I made down.

Pre 39 Littlepip - Doesn't exactly have the hax needed to make it through, BFEL isn't gonna do much, especially if shes caught in the splash damage, and Telekinesis will only work for so long despite how good she is at it.

I am not sure if Dylan(Dootverse) clears or not in base form, he could use Freezing Shard and Timestop to his advantage, and would try to use certain things from the waves of enemies to his advantage too. Although, I think Super Powered-up clears due to Danmaku and Duplication, not sure about Fully Powered up.

Greater Death Knight (ATF) could reliably do it.

First of all, "killing" the Death Knight isn't really possible since it's already dead, so there goes one of the loss conditions. Even if you take off entire limbs and such, it can just eat the souls of the dead mobs to heal them right back up.

It also has pretty much Instant Teleport, so they can just spawncamp the enemy spawn and periodically teleport back to the Nexus to check back up on it or teleport between enemies, notably screwing up Creepers since you can't really sneak up on something you don't know the location (or next location) of.

It could also alternatively just say "Die" to any annoying targets and they plop over dead, although zombies would be immune.

Also if the battle happens in the throne room, the Distorted View effect basically screws up their AI, making it so even though Death Knight isn't actively defending the thing the mobs still aren't able to damage it.

Back