• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

You Need a Diamond Pick to Mine Obsidian (Blue Diamond vs. Obsidian)

Two Steven Universe characters of extreme, similar size and power. Brought together by a Minecraft joke. Because yes.

Obsidian is in the Steven fusion form. Battle is in the Prime Kindergarten, sPeEd EqUaL. Starting at 50 meters. Win by poof and bubbling in Obsidian's case, win by any means in Blue Diamond's case.

This takes place after Lars' Head but before Lars of the Stars.

Steven's vision fades in. He only sees the Prime Kindergarten around him, able to look around slightly. Suddenly, everything fades to blue... as he wakes up. Confused at first from his strange dream sequence, he soon realizes it's his telepathic dream powers again, wondering what it means. He gets up and starts the day as usual, stopping at the Big Donut for breakfast. On the way back to the temple with the bag of doughnuts, he suddenly starts crying profusely. He remembers his uncontrolled tears having a connection to Blue Diamond as he hurries back to the temple. Just in time, the Gems arrived on the teleporter, with Garnet holding a bubbled corrupted gem after a mission.

Amethyst: "Yo, Steven! Ya got somethin' on your face there."

Pearl: "What's wrong, Steven? Why are you crying?... It's not Blue Diamond again, is it?"

Steven: "I'm not sad! I think it's Blue Diamond again!"

Pearl: "No... that can't be..."

Everyone's expression changed to concern.

Steven: "I also had this dream about the Prime Kindergarten... before everything faded to blue... Garnet, can you see something happening in the future there?"

As Garnet saw the Prime Kindergarten in her future vision, everyone was surprised as Garnet changed to a look of fear and dread.

Garnet: "Everyone, we need to go there, right now! Steven, you're coming with!"

Amethyst: "I can't believe it... What would Blue Diamond be doing there?!"

Garnet teleported the bubbled gem away, and Steven dropped the doughnuts as he ran to the teleporter, and they were gone. They appeared in their destination, looking around slightly before they saw Blue Diamond not far away with her back turned... lamenting about Pink. Blue Pearl was standing near her also turned, and her ship could be seen in the distance. They were all shocked and speechless, and Steven was just about to gasp as Garnet covered his mouth.

Blue Diamond: "...To think, all these resources... wasted..."

Blue Pearl: "I thought I heard something, My Diamond..."

Blue Diamond: "All Pink wanted was her own colony... This planet had everything we needed. Rose took it all for herself, only to waste the potential we had to make new gems, being a traitor to her own kind, and dabbled pointlessly with organic life. Not only was she this greedy, but she shattered her own diamond, and took a loved one from me."

"Isn't that right,"

"Rose?"

Blue suddenly turned towards the Gems, her attention focused on Steven. Her blue aura expanded and made the Gems cry uncontrollably. They were all surprised at Blue already being aware of their presence.

Blue Diamond: "What is your deal? As if to rub our loss in even further, you turned yourself in, only to flee in the middle of your court duties?"

Steven: "I'll admit it! I'm not Rose, she's only part of me! I'm a human!"

Blue Diamond: "I've had enough of your cowardice! And it seems this time you've presented yourself right in front of me, you war criminal!"

Blue charged up a blue energy sphere in her hand, tossing it at the group. Steven blocked it with his shield as the Gems summoned their weapons. Just as she began to charge up another, Pearl shot an energy beam at her eyes, stunning her as she stopped building the energy.

Steven: "Guys, I think you need to fuse!"

Pearl: "No Steven, this is Blue Diamond we're dealing with... I'm afraid Alexandrite simply isn't enough..."

Garnet: "Steven... Are you ready?"

Steven's eyes lit up as he understood what she meant. This would be his first time with the rest of them, but it was worth a shot... They all dispersed some distance, and approached each other with their varying dance styles, before stacking up on top of each other. Just as Blue Diamond opened her eyes again, she saw Obsidian rising up in front of her.

Blue Diamond: "And what is this shameless display? Rose, I could shatter you for this alone..."

Obsidian roared as she summoned their weapons, fusing them into a molten orange sword.

Blue Diamond: 2 (Enryu The Red Tower, Paulo.junior.969)

Obsidia: 0

Incon: 0

UltraBlobz by Koo
Obsidian by RylerGamerDBS

Come to think of it, the stupid thing about this thread is that although it focuses on Obsidian, if she defuses Blue still has to deal with Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and Steve. So new wincon for Blue, defeat the individual Gems in a 1v4 by any means, though they start fused.

Well, the four are not a problem for Blue Diamond, since in the canon they were being affected immensely by her emotion wave to the point of being unable to move and even latter the four working together with Peridot, Bismuth, Lazuli, Connie and Lion at most just got her pissed off, besides that four 7-A's vs a High 6-A would be a stomp anyway

Back