• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yogiri takatou vs Gilgamesh (fate series)

Have Apostles of God shown 4D resistance to death manip tho? Being at a specific tier doesn't mean all of your powers/resistances svale to it iirc.
I don't know about apostle of god. But 'sea' bandit definitly have it. They do say that resistance to death manip is standard in 'sea', and as far as i know only higher dimensional existence like HRE, gods, or god's killer exist in 'sea'.

At this point, why Yogiri isn't in the top 5 2A? Top 3 or above is probably impossible for him, but 5th-4th should be possible

There was a thread between him and Madoka, and iirc, he was getting stomped.

Also, I don't think he can survive Blazblue shenanigans.

He wasn't getting stomped, it's basically become a thread talking about range, and if he has the range to fully affect her or whatever.

Which is kinda nonsensical imo but there's an argument to be had.

Well, until Xenoblade has it's revision i think Yogiri is the 6th ranked 2A, so no point in throwing him at Fate, i think

Against Gilgamesh may be, but it seems Kama would Incon Yogiri, throw Yog at Death from Marvel, she has a 2A key iirc.

Why it's a stomp alredy? See nothing here that show a stomp, oh and concept in Fate are weird alredy have a crt that show fate having some part of the 4 type of concept in same, and well BB have 4D manip of death and he resist, for the abstract entity(conceptual since they affect god and non existant sincecan affect kama or maxwell demon) all servant in fate have them.
For the accausality he have nothing for what i know except if the ancient thread with conceptual type 2 that allow affect thelm is still available (remember that was a treat for that)

Why it's a stomp alredy? BB have 4D manip of death and he resist.

Probably because Yogiri's death hax bypasses 4-D resistance to it. So even if Gil resisted BB's 4-D death manipulation, he would still be helpless against Yogiri's hax.

His hax doesn't need to negate resistance as it simply bypasses it even when the resistance is actively protecting the target. So, BB needs to negate the resistance first before affecting him, while Yogiri can use his death hax on him directly.

Last edited:
BB sould have negate resistance too since she was able to negate the mind resistance of gilgamesh the first time and since after in the end of game she can't affect him anymore

Like I mentioned above, he doesn't have to negate Gil's resistance to death hax before affecting him, as his hax can bypass the resistance itself. There has never been a mention of him literally 'negating some resistance', as he directly bypasses them while completely ignoring their existence.

If it's for that autority allow that in fate allow that and since gilga and since he resist the one of BB

That's not how Resistance Negation nor Resistance to Resistance Negation works, it doesn't matter if the Resistance is gained from resisting Resistance Negation that ignores Resistances or Resistance Negation that nullifies Resistances, it's just as effective on both types.

So no, Yogiri's Resistance Negation won't be any more effective on Gilgamesh then BB's was, as we don't differentiate between the types of Resistance Negation.

That's not how Resistance Negation nor Resistance to Resistance Negation works, it doesn't matter if the Resistance is gained from resisting Resistance Negation that ignores Resistances or Resistance Negation that nullifies Resistances, it's just as effective on both types.

So no, Yogiri's Resistance Negation won't be any more effective on Gilgamesh then BB's was, as we don't differentiate between the types of Resistance Negation.
So you are saying Gilgamesh stomp?

I'm saying Resistance Negation of Yogiri's won't work, I've not said anything other than that recently.

I mentioned it because there's a literal proof of it in the series, where all the resistances were still in place and his hax still bypassed them without influencing their existence at all (besides the fact that not even once he actually 'negated' any sort of resistance, as it was always him bypassing them).

If the wiki is willing to ignore such a valid feat, then I guess it doesn't matter. However, we do know that exceptions have been made with enough context in various cases (though I don't know about this one).

Well, let's put this whole resistance discussion to an end. If no one can say with certainty that Gil has type 2 concept manipulation, he's going to lose anyway.

Besides, the type 2 of fate is, “The type 2 qualities are like being applied to areas larger than a single spacetime and existing independent of their representation in reality", which is clearly much lower in potency than something that 100% applies across a 2-A multiverse.

He also doesn't have resistance to Plot Manipulation, which is a superior power than Fate Manipulation (as Plot is the main part of a story, while the Fate of everything is only part of the Plot).

Also, I think this is avatar Yogiri we're talking about here? Because using his true form would make things even harder for Gil.

The plot manip of yogiri is more something than can be a limited plot armor, than an active plot skill but yeah gil doesn't resist to it. For the conceptual type well have thread that show that their weird in fate and have part of all type, so for that i can't tell but since technically concept in fate are more 2 than 3 and 4 (but we have still think like "concept of death" that are higher level than the normal one for bodhisattva etc)

Yeah, besides having no resistance to plot manipulation, Gil also does not have a 'confirmed' type 2 concept manipulation, which is necessary for using an ability in matches here.

So, I think it's not hard to decide the winner of this match at this point.

Back