• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach Hax Downgrade (small)

Refer to the title. The only thing I am looking to remove is Yhwach's Acasuality Type 2 at the very least. After looking into it, and the power in general, Yhwach having this type of Acasuality is extremely inconsistent. I'll get into why thats the case in a minute, but first, let me explain my gripes with Acasuality Type 2 to begin with. It'll go right into why I think Yhwach at the very least shouldn't have this.

Acasuality Type 2
Now according to the Acasuality Page itself , Acasuality Type 2 is:

"Type 2: Temporal Singularity: Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present. This means they cannot be affected by changes to the past, while also making them resistant to Precognition that works by viewing the future, as they do not exist within it, and Fate Manipulation, for the same reason. In essence, they are able to choose their own fates, but they remain just as vulnerable at the point in time in which they do exist."

To put this in more simple terms, in order to qualify for Acasuality Type 2, you have to be someone who doesnt exist in either the past or the future. You can only exist in the present. So far, this looks simple enough to understand.

However, there was something about this that I got very confused about. So before making this downgrade thread, I made another thread earlier questioning Acasuality Type 2 in general. And this is what I asked:

"Asking because theres something im very confused about.

Now according to the Acasuality page , Acasuality Type 2 means that you do not exist in either the past or future, only in the present. That much is simple to me. But there is something else that I don't understand.

Lets say that I was to gain Acasuality T2, meaning that I no longer exist in either the past or the future. I am only someone existing in the present. Would this mean that my past and future no longer exist since I dont exist in those points in time anymore? And if they dont exist, does that mean my past and my future were erased as a result? Or does my past and future still exist but just without me in it?"

After making it, I was given some feedback about my question. And the feedback was that, yes, if you become an Acasual Type 2 character, your past and your future are to be erased as a result since the past and future do not exist anymore because you no longer exist in those points in time. An example character that was pointed out of doing this to become Acasual Type 2 was Madoka , who was outright deleted from all of history in her verse once obtaining her Acasuality Type 2.

To go even further, I also got feedback in my thread that if your past &/or future is to still exist, or if someone from your past is to remember your existence after it's supposedly deleted for you no longer existing in the past, then it disqualifies you from being able to have Acasuality Type 2.

Now that thats been covered, lets get into why Yhwach doesnt have Acasuality Type 2.

Why Yhwach shouldnt have Acasuality Type 2
Now according to Yhwach's page, he has Acasuality Type 2 after being able to absorb Mimihagi into himself. However, looking into this, ive come across a number of inconsistencies and problems with Yhwach being an Acasual Type 2.

Zangetsu's Existence
And by Zangetsu, I mean Old man Zangetsu . The one who persona'd as Ichigo's fake zanpakuto.

When Zangetsu's identity was called out by Ōetsu Nimaiya at the end of Chapter 540 , when Ichigo is in the process of obtaining his true zanpakuto, Nimaiya flat out says to Ichigo that Zangetsu is the younger version of Yhwach from a 1000 years prior to the start of Bleach. And Old man Zangetsu backs this saying up in the very next chapter by telling Ichigo he is Juha Bach and at the same time isnt him. I'll show the scans right below:

Zangetsu is Yhwach
Zangetsu is Yhwach (2)
Zangetsu is Yhwach (3)

At this point, it should be painfully obvious where im going with this. Zangetsu's entire existence as Ichigo's Quincy Powers, and being the 1000 year younger Yhwach, is explicit evidence of Yhwach having a past self. However, this is not where it ends as im only just beginnig to get into this. As mentioned in my Acasuality Type 2 thread, when a character gains this type of Acasuality, their entire past and future is erased as a result, leaving behind only their present selves because they no longer exist in the past and future. Just as its the case with Madoka for example. So here's the huge issue with this.....

If Yhwach really did have Acasuality Type 2, why does Zangetsu still exist as Ichigo's Quincy Powers? Zangetsu, as proven, is Yhwach's past self and despite being accepted as having Acasuality Type 2 for absorbing Mimihagi, Zangetsu (at this point at least) still very clearly remains in existence and is not paradoxed out of history, which would mean Yhwach's past still exists as part of history. For Yhwach to be an Acasual T2, both his future (ill get to this later as theres issues with this too) and his past need to be erased since he's no longer supposed to exist in both points in time. That as a result would mean Zangetsu cannot exist since he is Yhwach's past self, which would be erased as a result of Yhwach no longer existing in the past. But Zangetsu still exists for being the physical manefestation of Ichigo's Quincy Powers, otherwise as a result of Yhwach no longer having a past, Ichigo would no longer have Quincy Powers in the 1st place as they would be coming from Yhwach. Meaning he would not even have Zangetsu as his fake zanpakuto to begin with as Zangetsu would have never existed. But thats quite obviously not the case here.

To add more insult to injury here, there's another problem that goes right along with this:

Ichigo remembers Zangetsu; Everyone remembers Yhwach
As I also pointed out above, remembering someone whos past is supposed to be deleted upon becoming an Acasual Type 2 is also an anti-feat against them being Acasual Type 2 in the first place. Like for example, if I supposedly become an Acasual Type 2, yet my sister is able to remember me from the past we have both shared when growing up, then that means im not actually an Acasual Type 2 since my past still exists as it can be remembered from other people who were close with me.

Which goes right along with the first inconsistency here. Yhwach becoming an Acasual Type 2 would mean that his past and his future are to be deleted, only leaving him to exist in the present. That would mean that his past self, Zangetsu, would have to be deleted as well as Yhwach is no longer supposed to have an existing past. But not only does Zangetsu still exist in the past for being Ichigo's Quincy Powers (and source of power in general for more than half of the Bleach series), but Ichigo is also clearly still able to remember Zangetsu as his mentor and as his quincy powers. Even after Ichigo gains his True Zanpakuto, Zangetsu is still within existence as his quincy powers and Ichigo still knows who he is. So if Yhwach's past is to be deleted for being an Acasual Type 2, which would also erase Zangetsu from history, how is Ichigo able to clearly still remember him?

Ichigo remembering Zangetsu would not be the only inconsistency here. Because even after Yhwach goes on to absorb Mimihagi (the one who gives Yhwach Acasuality Type 2 to begin with), everyone who was ever involved with Yhwach in the final war arc of the Bleach series is able to remember him. Who he is, that he's the enemy, that he's the one who absorbed the soul king, etc. If Yhwach was to become an Acasual Type 2, then everyone who was ever involved with him would have lost every single shred of memories they have of him from the entire arc. The war wouldnt have even come to be if Yhwachs past was erased from existence. So because of these major inconsistencies and problems, Yhwach being an Acasual Type 2 is just.....very flawed to say the least.

The only one acception for an Acasual Type 2 to be remembered by someone, and still qualify for the power, is for the person who remembers them to be an Acasual Type 1. Why? Because someone who is an Acasual Type 1 is immune to any changes in the past completely, meaning even if an Acasual Type 2's past was to be erased for instance, because someone else has Acasuality Type 1, they would still be able to remember them even if the past is no longer in existence. So for example, if my sister had Acasuality Type 1, and my past becomes deleted for me becoming an Acasual Type 2, I would still qualify for the power because my sister remembers me. Not because my past still exists, but because she has a power that will let her remember me even if the past is deleted. Everyone goes home happy at that point...except for Yhwach. Because unless Ichigo and every single relevant individal in Bleach has Acasuality Type 1, them still being able to remember Yhwach and Zangetsu (Yhwach's past self) is a very big inconsistency against him having Acasuality Type 2.

And this is not even where it ends. Theres one more huge issue with this that I said I would explain later down the line. I'll get to that now.

The Almighty's entire existence
As the sub-title specifies, Yhwach's past remaining in existence for the various reasons listed is not the only thing that would contradict him having Acasuality Type 2. His future being in existence would also be a no against him having this power too. And yes, he does have a future and the Almighty's entire purpose is evidence of this.

Everyone already knows what the Almighty does, same song and dance as always. The Almighty allows Yhwach to peer into all possible futures and shape any future he prefers into reality to benefit himself in battle. So how does this prove Yhwach has an existing future? Well...the Almighty benefiting him, like at all, is what would prove Yhwach has a future. If Yhwach didnt exist in the future, how would he be able to be effected by the Almighty changing the future to benefit himself? As in letting the changed future effect him? He would have to exist in the future at all in order for that to happen. Not only that, but Yhwach wouldnt even be able to see himself in the future with the Almighty if he didnt even exist in the future at all.

There's a reason why Yhwach isnt resistant to Future Manipulation or anything of the sort since the Almighty can very clearly effect him, which explicitly proves Yhwach's existence is a part of and is bounded to the future.

Conclusion
Based on everything I presented and brought forth here, Yhwach should have his Acasuality Type 2 removed for being far too inconsistent to keep.

zangetsu isn't yhwach. it's a manisfestation of ichigo's quincy powers, and ichigo has a piece of yhwach's soul in his body, which is why it comes as yhwach's younger form.

you're also showing scans that were from the past, before yhwach absorbed mimihagi & pernida, so no, i don't agree that he needs to get downgraded.

Zangetsu isn't literally Yhwach so that's already bad. No one knows Yhwach's past for sure, they don't even know where he was born of his true identity. Not even Ichibe who can see everything going on through different dimensions and who has lived over 1,000,000 years.

Also he has it because of Mimihagi who he absorbed and gained the power of, there is no contradiction.

Also Almighty working on himself isn't an anti-feat it's a feat for him, will you also argue the Soul King shouldn't have it since he can see the future as well?

Old Man Zangetsu is not Yhwach's past self.

Old Man Zangetsu is a spiritual representation of Ichigo's Quincy Powers like a Zanpakuto spirit is a spiritual representation of Ichigo's Shinigami Powers.

Why Old Man Zangetsu looks like Yhwach is due to that fact that Yhwach is the progenitor of all Quincy and his blood flows through them, something he can control as he does to Ichigo to kill the Soul King or with Auswahlen to force their lives and powers out of them.

He's not Yhwach, Yhwach is Yhwach and Old Man Zangetsu is a representation of Ichigo's Quincy Power.

Ghuttsu said:
and anything about the almighty still being able to affect yhwach, is just a buff for the almighty
Uh, no. Its an absolute anti feat against Acaualtity Type 2 because then Yhwach would never able to be effected by the Almighty, which shapes the future, if he himself doesnt exist in the future.

Because you don't understand it fully to be blunt.

Imade explained it above. He is Ichigo's quincy powers and the source is Yhwach which is about the only relation there since he exist within every quincy.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Because you don't understand it fully to be blunt.
Imade explained it above. He is Ichigo's quincy powers and the source is Yhwach which is about the only relation there.
His explanation doesnt change a thing when Zangetsu himself literally says that "He is Juha Bach, and at the same time, is not"

At the absolute worst, this would mean that Zangetsu would just be a part of Yhwach himself since Ichigo's Quincy powers come from him. Which would still be an anti feat against Yhwach not existing in the past.

read your own scan he explicitly said, "im a manifestation of the quincy powers that reside inside of you"

and why are you even arguing about this? it happened in the past. it's completely irrelevant. you can't change previous bleach chapters just because he's acasual.

Old Man Zangetsu is the manifestation of Ichigo's Quincy Powers.

He is Yhwach because he looks like Yhwach.

He is not Yhwach because he's literally not Yhwach, he says he's the manifestation of Quincy Power.

The actual Yhwach is Yhwach.

This isn't that hard, dude. You're stretching the wording for a point that doesn't exist and wouldn't make sense ever. Yhwach is Yhwach, Old Man Zangetsu is Ichigo's manifestation of Quincy Power and due to being Quincy Power he looks like Yhwach since Yhwach is the progenitor of Quincy.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
He is not Yhwach because he's literally not Yhwach, he says he's the manifestation of Quincy Power.
And literally right after that, he says that he is Yhwach. Not only him, but Qetsu right before that in the previous chapter confirms the same thing, that he is a younger Yhwach.

You cant just ignore that.

Are you reading our post? this is getting silly now.

Yhwach is the source of all the quincy powers, Ichigo is a special case since is he also a Shingiami hybrid. Since Yhwach is the source of his quincy powers it takes the image of Yhwach in his Zanpakuto. He isn't literally Yhwach.

And again he get's his power from absorbing Mimihagi, Yhwach gets the power and abilities of all things he absorbs.

I agree with Imade and Sigurd, both are extremely knowledgeable regarding Bleach and I trust their Judgment. Also Yhwach literally absorbed Mimihagi and the weakened SK, your comparison in the OP is a Golden Mean Fallacy at best since its comparing something from two very different series. Not to mention it sounds like your doing some extreme reaching and grasping onto straws here Kukui. old Man Zangetsu isn't Yhwach himself, the old man is just the source of Ichigo's Quincy side while White / Hollow Ichigo is the source of Ichigo's Hollow and Shinigami powers.

Are you reading our post? this is getting silly now.
Yhwach is the source of all the quincy powers, Ichigo is a special case since is he also a Shingiami hybrid. Since Yhwach is the source of his quincy powers it takes the image of Yhwach. He isn't literally Yhwach.
No offense, but are you? Because this is literally nothing but excuses now, especially with "Ichigo is a special case".

We have both Qetsu and Zangetsu himself saying he is Yhwach's younger self. I dont care if Zangetsu is Ichigo's quincy powers in physical form because that does not debunk what both of them have confirmed to us.

So either give me more evidence please or their confirmation > your interpretation.

Also gonna point out that the OP is arguing with outdated and fake scans. I'll go ahead and find the official English scans. This is one of the reasons why the 5-B downgrade thread was flawed.

I agree with the OP. Yhwach using the almighty already debunks him having Acasuality type 2 since he exists in the future with the Almighty.

The Prince of Counters said:
Also gonna point out that the OP is arguing with outdated and fake scans. I'll go ahead and find the official English scans. This is one of the reasons why the 5-B downgrade thread was flawed.
>Fake scans

So Zangetsu and Qetsu dont say Zangetsu is Yhwach's past self in the original translations them I presume? I'd like to see them please. .

Give me a moment to find them honey. I'll post them once I do but even in your fake scan Zangetsu admits to not being Yhwach either. Hes simply the source of Ichigo's Quincy powers. And the words of Zangetsu should out weight anyone elses.

No he doesnt. He says that is both Yhwach and not Yhwach at the same time. Thats not a debunk, unless the original translations do not mention that part.

Also, friendly reminder to everyone that even if Zangetsu isnt actually Yhwach's past self like you claim he is, you would still have to answer as to why Ichigo's Quincy Powers (which come from Yhwach) wouldnt get paradoxed out of history if Yhwach's past gets erased for being an Acasual Type 2.

As well as....the rest of my entire post.

ir doesn't matter dude, you posted scans from the past.

they're not proof

i have no idea what your point is.

and it's not yhwach read the scan, it's pointless to keep repeating it, it's literally in the scan.

Paradox??? when has a paradox ever occured in Bleach?
You didnt read my entire OP then.

In the previous Acasuality Type 2 thread I made, before I posted this downgrade thread, it was clarified to me that in order to qualify for Type 2 Acasuality, your past and your future would need to be deleted from history since you would no longer exist in those points in time. And by having the past deleted, this would mean that a time paradox would have to happen involving the person's past who is being deleted. In this case, its Yhwach.

If Yhwach's past is to be deleted for being an Acasual Type 2, then a lot of time paradoxes would have to happen. Ichigo would never have Quincy Powers or Zangetsu in the first place, Ichigo would never remember Zangetsu, no one in the verse would remember Yhwach in the past after he absorbs Mimihagi, etc. Yet, none of this ever happens. That would mean Yhwach's past would still exist even after absorbing Mimihagi.

Meaning he wouldnt have Acasuality Type 2.

This is super verse specific, not every verse works the same dude. That thread wasn't even concluded. You can write whatever you want about Yhwach but he get's this ability from Mimihagi who is the embodiment of stagnation (who fits the definition word for word) as agreed on in the CRT. You'd have to argue he didn't actually absorb Mimihagi's powers to get it removed or that Mimihagi doesn't have the power in the 1st place.

I can't seem to post the actual scans here but I'll link them.

https://mangalife.us/read-online/Bleach-chapter-541-page-13.html

I am the soruce of the Quincy Powers inside you. I am Yhwach but i am Yhwach.

Literally you cannot even use this as a counter arguement as old man Zangetsu straight up tells us he isn't Yhwach in the same exact sentence. You cant simply use this as an arguement to further your point just because it makes it convenient for you. Not to mention it's impossible for that to be Yhwach since he spent over 1000 years heavily incapacitated. All Old Man Zangetsu is the soruce of Ichigo's Quincy powers thats all there is to it. Not to mention that crap you posted sounds a lot like some headcanon fanfic with all due respect. Yhwach absorbed Mimihagi and the SK who's literary a being of Contradiction. In short all your arguments can be chalked up to you cherry picking from the context given to us by the manga and novel.

Soul King Yhwach has no past that we are aware of once he absorbs Mimihagi, actually.

Tsukishima himself couldnt simply re-mend Ichigos broken Bankai. He had to create an alternate past of the Bankai wherein it wasnt fully shattered and THEN Orihime could heal it with her causal rejection. Note: Book of the End only applied to the Bankai and not Yhwach.

Further I think OP simply doesn't understand what acaualisty Type 2 is. Yhwach as of the moment he absorbs Mimihagi onward is a fixed point in time. The previous Yhwach definitely existed. The Yhwach post absorption is the causal singularity.

As to Almighty affecting the future: that's a feat for The Almighty overcoming acausality type 2. Pretty straightforward.

That said I'm just giving facts here and dont really care to do more than remain neutral

>Literally you cannot even use this as a counter arguement as old man Zangetsu straight up tells us he isn't Yhwach in the same exact sentence.

And he also says that he is Yhwach. Stop ignoring this to suit your narrative.

>You cant simply use this as an arguement to further your point just because it makes it convenient for you.

Not really. Because my point would still be solid, whether Zangetsu is Yhwachs past self or not.

Ichigos Quincy Powers in the present would have to be paradoxed out of history if Yhwach's past doesnt exist because if Yhwach never existed in the past, Ichigo and no one else would ever get Quincy Powers from Yhwach in the first place.

The fact that they continue to have Quincy Powers is explicit solid evidence of Yhwach's past continuing to exist in history. And if you have an existing past, you cant have Type 2 Acasuality.

>Not to mention it's impossible for that to be Yhwach since he spent over 1000 years heavily incapacitated.

See above.

>. Not to mention that crap you posted sounds a lot like some headcanon fanfic with all due respect.

No, its not fanfiction. It's detailing the specifics of Type 2 Acasuality and why Yhwach doesnt fit the qualifications because of parts of history in Bleach never being paradoxed out of existence as a result of it.

Not to mention, this comes from answers that ive gotten from the Acasuality thread that I made. BEFORE making this one.

As to Almighty affecting the future: that's a feat for The Almighty overcoming acausality type 2. Pretty straightforward.

Even when it was not able to just before?

professor kukui, you're ignoring everything.

one.

you're showing scans of the past before yhwach even became acasual, this already makes your claims completely irrelevant.

two.

zangetsu is not yhwach. he specifically says that he's the quincy manifestation of ichigo's powers.

Xulrev said:
Soul King Yhwach has no past that we are aware of once he absorbs Mimihagi, actually.
Tsukishima himself couldnt simply re-mend Ichigos broken Bankai. He had to create an alternate past of the Bankai wherein it wasnt fully shattered and THEN Orihime could heal it with her causal rejection. Note: Book of the End only applied to the Bankai and not Yhwach.
If Yhwach has no past then...again....mind explaining the huge inconsistencies that would happen with him not existing in the past?

Like Ichigo still having Quincy Powers despite Yhwach not supposed to be existing in the past?

Or Ichigo remembering Zangetsu?

Or everyone in the war remembering Yhwach, even after he absorbs Mimihagi?

All of this would have been changed and deleted from history if Yhwach's past was actually non-existent.

Not to mention the Almighty still be able to affect Yhwach.

@Rocker

If you've read the series you're aware that more reiryoku enables ones abilities to be utilized at a higher level, and the most recent novel confirms this with Tokinada using Kyoka Suigetsu. Yhwach post absorption just more than tripled his reiryoku going from AP. So it makes sense, yes, to answer the query.

Rocker1189 said:
Even when it was not able to just before?
the SK is also able to see the future and Mimihagi is his literal arm, and there are characters on this wiki who can timestop infinite speed...This power only worked after he absorbed the SK as well.

Back