• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would this be an even match up?

Bossbrosish

He/Him
I want to pit up Alex in his 6th key against Byleth (fused with Sothis) with them both being High 6-C, but I'm not sure if it would be even since Alex's AP is baseline (100 Gigatons), and I'm not sure what Byleth's AP is.

I believe it is 287 Gigatons by scaling to the Javelins of Light and can tank them as well, so a 2.87x AP/Durability advantage.

Though with Major Crest of Flames, Byleth can recover 30% of the damage dealt as HP, and may gain a bonus to Might, thus getting a AP buff. Major Crest of Flames as well as Windsweep can also cancel counterattacks. The Chalice of Beginnings also allows Byleth to deal a counterattack, regardless of the distance. Divine Pulse allows Byleth to rewind events up to 13 times, so Byleth could fix a mistake in a fight.
So, can Alex really outlast Byleth with a 2.87x AP advantage, healing on hits, an AP buff, and counterattacking regardless of distance?

Last edited:
Though with Major Crest of Flames, Byleth can recover 30% of the damage dealt as HP, and may gain a bonus to Might, thus getting a AP buff. Major Crest of Flames as well as Windsweep can also cancel counterattacks. The Chalice of Beginnings also allows Byleth to deal a counterattack, regardless of the distance. Divine Pulse allows Byleth to rewind events up to 13 times, so Byleth could fix a mistake in a fight.
So, can Alex really outlast Byleth with a 2.87x AP advantage, healing on hits, an AP buff, and counterattacking regardless of distance?
Alex has a support skill that raises his Defense/HP by 10 that lasts for 10 minutes, and not to mention Alex could use his Afterimages to confuse Byleth and Spirit Excalibur has enough power to destroy a country. As for Divine Pulse, I would make Bylth use it only once in the fight or not be able to use it.

Last edited:
Depends on how big the country is, as wiping most countries of the map is actually Low 6-B. Some countries actually only reach 6-C to High 6-C, so the size of the county really matters here.

So violent fragmentation then.
For Greenland, this would be equal to around 2.678e+23 joules, or Country level+
Wiping it off the map however, would be closer to 8.32e+23 joules, or Large Country level.

2.678e+23 joules = ~64 teratons of TNT, which is around 223x higher than Byleth's Durability.
Spirit Excalibur is a guaranteed one-shot, if not a complete stomp if it is used.

I noticed that with Divine pulse that if Byleth were to die and they have one charge remaining, they would be revived. So If Byleth were to die from Spirit Excalibur they could simply revive, not to mention Spirit Excalibur takes a while to charge.

Nope: "When activated, Byleth can reverse previous actions performed up to a specific point. Both Byleth and enemies actions are rewound."

With Astra, Byleth can also create afterimages to attack 5 consecutive times with 30% power.
287 gigatons * 0.3 * 5 = 430.5 gigatons worth of damage over those 5 attacks.
If Byleth actually uses the Sword of Serios, it restores 50% of damage dealt as HP on every attack and passively restores health as well.
That 50% also stacks with Major Crest of Flame as well.

Byleth won't have access to the Sword of Serios and will only be allowed to use the sword of the creator

You will need to write down the battle restrictions in the OP, or all SBAs applies, meaning free reign of all equipment and abilities.

You are supposed to write down the battle restrictions in the OP, or all SBAs applies, meaning free reign of all equipment and abilities.
I wanted to see if it was an even match up first to figure out possible restrictions before I did the match up.

Now another question; does Alex need to concentrate on it?
As in, not being able to really fight back or may lose the absorbed power if staggered enough?

Yes it takes a lot concentration and Alex can't do anything else or he'll lose all the energy he gathered

So, really all Byleth needs to do is keep up their onslaught so Alex cannot use Spirit Excalibur. And that 2.87x AP advantage may stagger him pretty easily.

But that boils down to if Alex can outlast Byleth again. If Alex realizes he cannot use Spirit Excalibur when being overwhelmed while charging it, he would probably have no other choice but to fight normally.
Byleth has a pretty big base AP and Durability advantage, the Major Crest of Flame can allow Byleth to recover 30% damage dealt as HP, and can counterattack Alex's attacks.

Well, all FE characters can make a counterattack with their weapon whenever they are attacked.
But the Chalice of Beginnings allows Byleth to counterattack at any distance, regardless of the range of the weapon equipped by calling down lightning on them.

I see, I also noticed that since Byleth is fused with Sothis, when they are mortally wounded, they can enter a state of hibernation to recover. I'm not sure how long though, but it looks like it possibly take years

Though that would be irrelevant if they were killed. Moreover, they have to go out of combat for that to occur as they need to "hibernate", so it isn't combat applicable here.

Back