• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wonder Woman 1984 Movie Discussion (Spoilers)

This thread is for discussing the recent DC Extended Universe addition of the movie Wonder Woman 1984. Feel free to talk about what you think of the movie, good or bad, and of course discuss the inevitable revisions of the Wonder Woman character.

Of course, as we are talking about a movie that only was released yesterday, this thread will be filled with spoilers. I assume you all are smart and you know that already, but just in case.

Wonder-Woman-1984-live-blog-1200.jpg

With the spoiler warnings out of the way...

My opinion of the movie? I near completely figured out the plot just by the trailer alone. Basically, I found the movie predictable, and as a result pretty meh. Not to mention, a showoff of Wonder Woman's new gimmicks seemed like deus ex machina as well as ability inconsistency considering this is a prequel.

It picks up in the final act, but for the most part the movie is cheesy and painfully average.

Regardless of that, the abilities displayed in that movie have proven to be interesting.

Wonder Woman shows multiple feats of bullet timing being extremely casual for her, with her best speed feat being able to catch lightning with her lassos, as well as learn to fly.

She shows capability of turning things invisible when making ber jet invisible.

When she regain her powers, she regens from her bullet wounds in seconds. Granted regen is already an ability she has, but that says she regens from bullet wounds in hours.

When taking out Cheetah, she showed resistance to electricity by electrocution Cheetah while being in the same water, yet Wonder Woman was not phased at all.

So considering this movie takes place in 1984, Wonder Woman currently would have all these abilities. So what should be added in her Abilities section is "Magic, Invisibility (can use magic to make objects invisible such as a jet), Regeneration (Mid-Low, regenerates from bullet injuries within seconds), Flight, Non-Physical Interaction with her Lasso of Truth (can grab lightning, and electricity is intangible)

Of course there's interesting pages to give to our two main antagonists as well.

Cheetah has two stages: one where she's as strong as a weakened Diana, and the other which is her true Cheetah state and is on par with Diana at her prime. I know for a fact the first stage is wall level considering she tossed Wonder Woman through a column.

Last edited:
true Cheetah state and is on par with Diana at her prime
She was not on par with Diana. Diana didn't throw a single punch that entire fight and Cheetah went down to high-voltage electricity. Also that wasn't a true Cheetah state, but her being further amped by the rage of everyone in the world making wishes.
Wonder Woman shows multiple feats of bullet timing being extremely casual for her
Yes and no. By the later parts of the movie she couldn't block sustained gunfire from a pistol and had trouble with multiple targets.

She was not on par with Diana. Diana didn't throw a single punch that entire fight and Cheetah went down to high-voltage electricity. Also that wasn't a true Cheetah state, but her being further amped by the rage of everyone in the world making wishes.

Yes and no. By the later parts of the movie she couldn't block sustained gunfire from a pistol and had trouble with multiple targets.
Spoil me: Why was this? Did she get weakened over the course of the film? Loss of stamina? Magical energy drain or something?

Last edited:
Spoil me. Why was this?
Every wish comes at a cost. You get what you wished for but lose the most important thing to you. In this case when she wished for Steve to come back, she slowly began losing her powers throughout the film until she took back her wish.

Oh lol. So he has to stay dead, because plot.
Also, how do you do that blurry style of spoiler text?

I do not remember any of this at all for Cheetah, aren't you referring to Lord instead? Pretty sure Cheetah wished to be an Apex Predator, hence how she entered her true appearance and all.
She was slowly weakening during this time period. Her weakening started off way earlier, when she first struggled to open a lock in a door. This is supported by the fact that she casually blocked gunfire from a machine gun back in Justice League, she sees bullets as light work in her prime.

I do not remember any of this at all for Cheetah, aren't you referring to Lord instead?
When everyone was making wishes, Lord said this: "I take your health, your strength. Give her your rage and your prowess" after which she began to transform into Cheetah
She was slowly weakening during this time period.
Yeah I get that, I'm just saying that she wasn't consistently bullet timing in the movie and during the later stages of the film she couldn't even consistently block one shooter on her own.
Also, how do you do that blurry style of spoiler text?
Its in the drop down menu next to the paint/text color icon

Last edited:
When everyone was making wishes, Lord said this: "I take your health, your strength. Give her your rage and your prowess" after which she began to transform into Cheetah
Actually wait a sec, that reminds me. Lord can only do one wish per person. So when she wanted to be an apex predator, Lord letting those people give her strength and prowess just meant them turning her into Cheetah, not amping a Cheetah that already existed.

Yeah I get that, I'm just saying that she wasn't consistently bullet timing in the movie and during the later stages of the film she couldn't even consistently block one shooter on her own.
That's what I was trying to convey here, Wonder Woman in her prime is 100% comfortable at supersonic speeds. A decent chunk of people I've met outside the wiki liked to claim that she was only supersonic at max due to the lack of consistent casual feats, and honestly the fact that she could still react to bullets while weakened further proves so.

Saw the movie. It's not good. It's much worse than the first movie, which is pretty okay. It's the DCEU's answer to The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but not nearly as bad. Noticed that DCEU Cheetah doesn't have her own profile yet. I'm thinking of making one with three keys: Base, First Wish, Second Wish. Base is 10-B, Second Wish is 9-B, Third wish is High 6-C. Second wish is scaled to a weakened Wonder Woman, who was almost crushed by two APCs and was damaged by bullets.

Any opinions? I would make a profile for Maxwell Lord, but I can't put a tier on him before he gets access to the world's communications systems.

Honestly I don't think Cheetah is even High 6-C. She didn't do anything to her and got taken out by a 9-B power source. Not helping is that Diana didn't throw a single punch in their fight.

Doesn't explain why Diana even bothered to defend herself with her armor if she can just tank Cheetah's attacks. Makes the fight really stupid in hindsight.

What tier is final wish Cheetah then?

Last edited:
The 9-B power source was electricity, which of course electrifies people. That's all about molecular charge, not physical durability, that's why it's considered durability negation.

Also yes, Cheetah did shred up the wings on that golden armor that Wonder Woman wore.

The golden armor's only feats beforehand was being bulletproof and resisting bronze/iron weaponry. Not exactly screaming High 6-C.

But Diana just not throwing a single attack and being completely undamaged by Cheetah makes any Tier 6 scaling extremely questionable.

Making someone budge doesn't require having comparable AP. It just requires enough strength to move their body weight.

Mediocre but I didn't have ridiculously high expectations since the first one was kind of overrated in the first place in my opinion. Not the worst movie ever but not great. The front half was really boring but it got a bit better near the end.

idk about Cheetah wasn't she supposed to be granted Diana's powers?

Her first wish is to be just like Diana. She's stronger with that wish but by the time she fights Diana, she's already weakened. Her second wish is to be number one and an apex predator. This would presumably be the state where she should definitely be as strong as a prime Diana but others here are saying otherwise.

idk about Cheetah wasn't she supposed to be granted Diana's powers?
She wish she was special like Diana, but she just sorta fails to do anything to Diana. Like I said she didn't throw a single punch in their fight, Cheetah never actually hurt her, and she got taken out by an attack that Diana was completely unaffected by. The last can maybe be chalked up to Wonder Woman being a demigod but it doesn't explain everything else.

It'd be 9-B since she was going against bronze/iron age melee weapons.

She was going up against everyone at once. Also can we have Maxwell Lord scale to Diana with Crazy Wish Powers as he made her fall over due to intense wind and survived a hit from The Lasso of Truth?

I don’t agree with Max lord being 10-A he got his ass kicked by Steve and through out the movie the more he wished the more his health would decrease

Pushing Wonder Woman with wind alone is more likely to just be overpowering her lifting strength rather than Attack Potency.
Maybe
I don’t agree with Max lord being 10-A he got his ass kicked by Steve and through out the movie the more he wished the more his health would decrease
Max did still deal damage to Steve and was capable of standing up normally whilst everyone on Earth was making wishes

That was because he took Barbara’s power in order to keep standing and I do not remember him doing damage to Steve plus Steve is a lot more fit than him as seen with Steve easily catching up with him

He took the health and lifeforce of billions of people at the communications place. And then he transferred part of it into Barbara to turn her into Cheetah. Nothing about taking her lifeforce before all that.

Back