• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will Vandom (W.I.T.C.H.) vs Ruby Rose (RWBY) (0 - 7 - 0) (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Speed is Equalized, both in character.

8-B Will Vandom (Part 1 - 3) vs 8-B Ruby Rose

Will Vandom:

Ruby Rose: 7 (Spinoirr, RandomGuy2345, Popted2, yoloninja3000, Peppersalt43, TyranoDoom30, Sonicflare9)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
AP/Striking Strength: Will has a pretty sizable advantage here (42 tons vs Ruby's 11) but Ruby has a bladed weapon so that likely close the gap a bit, as well as her being able to amp her ap by tackling with her semblance if need be. Also gravity dust rounds which are more powerful than her normal attacks.

Speed: Equalized, but as Ruby is faster if speed were unequalized she has her Semblance here which would allow her to blitz circles around Will

Lifting Strength: Ruby by a wide margin (At least Class K vs Unknown)

Durability: Will has the higher physical durability but Ruby can match it for a while thanks to her aura shield

Stamina: Ruby? Will's description is weird so I'm not sure how impressive her feat is, but Ruby in this key is able to fight on and off for two days straight with minimal rest and scales above her early series self which could fight for a full day before getting tired.

Range: From the description of Will's range, it seems her only combat applicable attacks are only several meters vs Ruby's hundreds of meters, so Ruby has the advantage here as well

Intelligence: I can post Ruby's skill scaling list if need be but anyone who has seen a rwby vs thread in the past month or two likely knows about it enough to know that Ruby has a massive skill edge over Will, at least going by Will's profile. And Ruby is no stranger to illusion spammers, so Will's standard combat tactic isnt likely to help her much, especially with ruby's speed amp and massive range advantage.

Other than that, the only ability that would possibly cause an issue for Ruby is invisibility, but at this point in the series Ruby has aura senses comparable to people who can sense the location if opponents from a distance and can fight completely blind by relying on their aura senses

Tldr, Will has higher ap and durability but that's about it, and not a significantly higher level that the gap cant be lessened or closed by Ruby's weapons and abilities. Ruby holds the advantage in every other category and has experience fighting people who use Will's exact tactics, and has the aura senses, skill, and speed amp to counter them.

AP/Striking Strength: Will has a pretty sizable advantage here (42 tons vs Ruby's 11) but Ruby has a bladed weapon so that likely close the gap a bit, as well as her being able to amp her ap by tackling with her semblance if need be. Also gravity dust rounds which are more powerful than her normal attacks.
Will scales to half of 42 tons because the feat was done by 2 people as it says on the profile, it was a combination attack between Corneila and Elyon. So she's 21 tons City Block level at least since she's the strongest of W.I.T.C.H (including Corneila).
Speed: Equalized, but as Ruby is faster if speed were unequalized she has her Semblance here which would allow her to blitz circles around Will
Which is why speed is Equalized.
Lifting Strength: Ruby by a wide margin (At least Class K vs Unknown)
Correct, if Ruby gets ahold of Will she can easily hold her down.
Durability: Will has the higher physical durability but Ruby can match it for a while thanks to her aura shield
Fair enough. Though Will can shrug off attacks from people on her level so Ruby will half to hit her with something comparable to do anything noticeable.
Stamina: Ruby? Will's description is weird so I'm not sure how impressive her feat is, but Ruby in this key is able to fight on and off for two days straight with minimal rest and scales above her early series self which could fight for a full day before getting tired.
Will lacks long Stamina feats, her constant use of her abilities don't cause fatigue in her battles but said battles don't last long so it's impossible to tell what her limit is. So yeah, Ruby holds the Stamina advantage.
Range: From the description of Will's range, it seems her only combat applicable attacks are only several meters vs Ruby's hundreds of meters, so Ruby has the advantage here as well
Remember that distance is a factor. The further Ruby is, the easier Will can dodge her attacks or simply teleport which has a vastly higher distance coverage. So while Ruby has better attacking range, it's not going to be to profitable.
Intelligence: I can post Ruby's skill scaling list if need be but anyone who has seen a rwby vs thread in the past month or two likely knows about it enough to know that Ruby has a massive skill edge over Will, at least going by Will's profile. And Ruby is no stranger to illusion spammers, so Will's standard combat tactic isnt likely to help her much, especially with ruby's speed amp and massive range advantage.
I've already stated why speed amp doesn't apply because speed is Equalized. If the amp causes a blitz, it cannot be used as far as I can recall. I've already explained the range issue. Overall though, Ruby is more skilled, since Will lacks any formal training in that regard.
Other than that, the only ability that would possibly cause an issue for Ruby is invisibility, but at this point in the series Ruby has aura senses comparable to people who can sense the location if opponents from a distance and can fight completely blind by relying on their aura senses
Fair enough.
Tldr, Will has higher ap and durability but that's about it, and not a significantly higher level that the gap cant be lessened or closed by Ruby's weapons and abilities. Ruby holds the advantage in every other category and has experience fighting people who use Will's exact tactics, and has the aura senses, skill, and speed amp to counter them.
Will has a slight advantage in ap as I explained the scaling above but that's not all she has. Teleportation can be used to avoid ranged attacks. Speed blitz isn't a thing so she wouldn't be vastly faster so if she's caught in the light from the Heart of Kandrakar she can be knocked unconscious or turned into smaller/weaker version of herself, and it can create forcefields that sends attacks back twice as hard.

So while Will's ap advantage isn't much, she isn't completely helpless thanks to the Heart of Kandrakar. Ruby does hold the advantage in skill, combat range, senses, and has ways to counter her slightly higher ap/durability.

"Will scales to half of 42 tons because the feat was done by 2 people as it says on the profile, it was a combination attack between Corneila and Elyon. So she's 21 tons City Block level at least since she's the strongest of W.I.T.C.H (including Corneila)."

The half was taken into account already, a 4.5 magnitude earthquake is 84 tons so Will would be 42

"Which is why speed is Equalized."

Speed amps are allowed in speed equalized matches as long as it doesnt allow an otherwise slower character to win via blitzing an otherwise faster character. In an otherwise unequalized match, ruby is faster (MHS vs subsonic) so her speed amp is allowed.

"Remember that distance is a factor. The further Ruby is, the easier Will can dodge her attacks or simply teleport which has a vastly higher distance coverage. So while Ruby has better attacking range, it's not going to be to profitable."

Fair, but Ruby is 100% willing to use her sniper rifle at cqc range, it's an integral part of her fighting style.

The half was taken into account already, a 4.5 magnitude earthquake is 84 tons so Will would be 42
My bad, I completely forgot it already was even though I'm the one who did it. I need sleep lol!
Speed amps are allowed in speed equalized matches as long as it doesnt allow an otherwise slower character to win via blitzing an otherwise faster character. In an otherwise unequalized match, ruby is faster (MHS vs subsonic) so her speed amp is allowed.
WTF! That's doesn't make any sense. Well then I guess her amps are valid. Ignore my arguments about it then.
Fair, but Ruby is 100% willing to use her sniper rifle at cqc range, it's an integral part of her fighting style.
This is a valid point.

So, you vote for Ruby?

Following, though I'm leaning towards Ruby.

Will's profile is haxed asf. She doesn't use those hax in character?

Will's profile is haxed asf. She doesn't use those hax in character?
Nope. All the Guardians have hax, one of them can transmutate people into frogs but none of them use hax in character. She, like the others, focus on close combat and energy blasts. She does utilize the Heart of Kandrakar but doesn't spam it despite it being capable of knocking people unconscious with a flash, reflect attacks, and shrink her opponents to a harmless state. It's pretty irritating that they even showcase Existence Erasure, and Reality Warping but don't bother using it in character.

I believe its her frist key, so yeah I believe so basied on her being inexperienced
Even in her later keys she doesn't use hax in character... she learns close combat fighting and uses energy blasts and constructs...

Damn, that sucks. Was thinking about pitting Will against Johnny, but Johnny seems to win now due to Will's inexperience.

Might just do Ruby vs Johnny again...

That's 2 for Ruby. Hope this can finish unlike my other battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back