• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wigglytuff vs Malachite (High 6A Tourney)

Gems don’t need sleep but that doesn’t mean that they cannot sleep. It isn’t like rock Pokémon are immune to sing so why would this rock person be without showings?

Malachite's wings definitely give her the mobility advantage, and with hydrokinesis she has a way of attacking Wigglytuff while he cannot retaliate with his newly limited move pool. Didn't Malachite also stomp Alexandrite?

Gems don't need to sleep, so will Sing work?
them not needing to sleep doesnt grant them resistance to sleep manip

Was asked to comment, not knowledgeable on either verse but I have some questions.

If Malachite goes to sleep, won’t she just break concentration and turn back into Jasper and Lapis rather than go to sleep, who will then get one shot? If not, won’t she wake up after a while, unless Wigglytuff can definitively poof her during that time?

Would disable even shut down hydrokinesis? Disable can seal an opponents moves, but water Pokemon can still use other water type moves even if one of them is restricted. How does disable work in this case?

Sing can miss or be dodged, can it not? Can Malachite dodge or hit Wigglytuff before they sing?

What is the skill gap between these 2? From my understanding, the gems are thousands, if not tens of thousands of years old and Jasper was designed specifically for combat from inception.

Just to be clear Malachite isn’t allowed to turn back to jasper or lapis since that wouldn’t be the same character anymore

The better question is if sleep will cause her to break apart in the first place, and if Lapis/Jasper will still be asleep if that happens. Cause then it’s a debate on if Malachite can avoid Sing.

Wait why? If that is a weakness of the character in-verse why would you remove that?
Is it really a weakness? since king of wolves is using it as an advantage. I’d rather not have two people fighting one person that wouldn’t be fair anymore

it isn't an advantage. if lapis and jasper defuse, they get one shot and die in seconds unless wigglytuff doesn't attack them while they fuse again, assuming they would even want to since they hate each other as i recall.

fine let them defuse then. They got one shot anyway. When they defuse would they still be unconscious? Ok I remember that Everybody hates Jasper so I guess Them defusing should already be a wincon for Wiggytuff right?

Funny thing is th only mov Guildmaster Wigglytuff has ever used canonically is Hyper Voice seeing as we are now separating PMD from the mainstream games
Funny thing how you actually see Wigglytuff in combat at multiple times during the game, especially and most notably, when you have to fight the entire guild as part of your graduation ceremony in the post-game.

sing to make them unconcious then double slap as a finisher since kill is required if possible.

Edit: guys just three more votes and we move on

Actually now that I think about it the map is a 5km wide so couldn’t Malachite just play the ranged game?

In terms of skill remember that Wigglytuff is in the upper echelon of people who regularly go up against the likes of the Lake Trio and the Regi’s.

Back