• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why The Author's Quill is 5-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? The pen have created a entire reality with a sun so why it isn't High 4-C? The genies also created other worlds with both a sun and night. Rumplestiltskin with Author's Powers created a hundred of these parallel worlds which countain a sun too so he should be 4-A.

Planet level OUAT makes no sense.

Well, if they are the size of real world stars, they probably would. If it is all magic, it is more uncertain though.

Not being made by magic, simply that magic worlds do not necessarily work like ours in terms of cosmology. The Suns could be very small and rotate around the planets for example.

There is no indication of this, I would say that it is the opposite. Heroes & Villains is a world completely based on the original reality, the only thing that changes is the moral side of some characters.

Well, we need more staff input for such a massive upgrade.

I can run to to get scans but I still have to work on my real life so, it would take a long time to happen

Ooh, this is an exciting change. Hopefully it goes through, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Also, I know this isn't necessarily related to the thread, but I just wanted to bring up that The Olympian crystal is called the most powerful object in the verse on its page, when excalibur, which can even power the pen, is the source of ALL magic in the verse, obviously including the olympian crystal. I don't get the logic.

Actually, Divine Magic is not included whithin Excalibur's sphere. The Holy Grail (aka Excalibur) was created by the gods, after all.

Oh right. And I guess it's pretty obvious the "gods" Merlin was referring to were the Greek ones, considering they were the only ones we've seen. Though I'm still not sure why it's assumed the crystal is FAR more powerful than Excalibur. Perhaps the Holy Grail is as sacred as the olympian crystal.

The Olympian Crystal was said to be the most powerful weapon in the series, a gift to the ruler of Mount Olympus (aka King of Gods, Zeus). It has the power to end people (like Hades describes it), completly erasing anything from existence. It's really way above what Excalibur can do, mighty as it may be.

Are you sure it's stated as the most powerful? I just finished rewatching season 5 and I don't remember that explicitly being stated. Also, I wouldn't say ending anything's existence is necessaily greater than cutting all magic from all worlds. In fact, Excalibur's abilities seem more impressive, even if the raw power of the olympian crystal is greater. I feel like they're different, and you can't necessarily say one is far above the other.

We can say. For instance, the fact that the crystal required the full power of an Olympian God (Hades) to be repaired after being broken is enough evidence of its superiority. Besides, Excalibur can't actually affect the gods, since their magic is actually what powers the sword up.

It is still the most powerful sword in all the realms, and arguably the most powerful non-divine magic artifact in the series, but when speaking about the Olympian Crystal, which can erase a god from existance, or have the magic of an entire realm channeled into a shard of itself, Excalibur doesn't quite compare.

So has anybody asked some other staff members to help out here?

In the awful final season (that should never have been made) an alternative version of him received them.

Not in this case. I.m.h.o. it strongly deviated from the previous setup, had poor and awkward setup choices, and should have left the good ending of the 6th season alone.

Ah, okay. I'll take a look at this.

If the feat is taken at base value (that is, making a reality with a sun) then 4-C should be acceptable.

Creating a "hundred realities with suns", on the other hand, likely wouldn't be 4-A. Pretty decently far into 4-B at least, but I doubt it's 4-A, considering the immense size requirements for a feat to be 4-A.

DarkGrath makes sense to me. Thank you for helping out.

I would like if a link or source for the feats mentioned is provided, to be clear. Again, taking it at base value, creating a reality with a sun is around 4-C to High 4-C, and creating many realities with suns is probably in 4-B, potentially in 4-A range. It's best sources were provided for the feats to validate all this.

Well, I think that it happened in the final two or three episodes of the final season of OUAT. We are not able to link to them directly for legal reasons, but you can search at ******** if you wish.

It depends on how large they are.

Yes, but we do not seem to have any proof of that.

GokuSparkle said:
Yeah, technically it could be tier 2 if "reality" means a full universe.
No mention of it, all we know is that previously an author's reality contained a sun. Rumplestiltskin with the powers of the author created hundreds of these realities.

Okay. So, some characters and weapons would be affected by this change as well. That include: Excalibur (or Holy Grail), The genies, Gods (The ones equals to Hades), Unrestricted and Storybook absorbed Rumple, and every single stuff or person superior to Authors and Genie's magic.

I do not think that Hades or the other mentioned objects and characters should scale to the author's creation and reality warping feats. They have not demonstrated anything remotely of that scale.

Only the authors, including Rumple, should probably scale.

Actually, as noted, the Author's Quill's magic comes from Excalibur, the origin of all mundane magic, whose power in turn comes from the Olympian Gods. That is, Rumple, the Olympian Crystal, Hades, the Quill and Excalibur should absolutely scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back