• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Super Smash Bros isn`t canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your argument is that because they are "Literal Gods" they simply cannot be hurt? (Seriously, what does "literal gods" even mean in this context?)

They logically should be far superior to the fighters lore wise, and the fighters being able to hurt them is an outlier. I call them "literal gods" because they are responsible for the creation of the universe in Smash Lore.

Anyways, Master Hand was one shotted, not "curbstomped". (Is that even an argument?)

You're nitpicking at my word choice here. "He was one-shot, not curbstomped, therefore your point no longer stands".

Yes, it is indeed an argument. It proves that Tabuu is far stronger than them, and that makes it even more of an outlier than scaling to them in the first place.

And, the biggest proof on my side is that Sonic broke Tabuu´s wings and Ganondorf was able to strike Tabuu before being pushed away by the forcefield.

You've ignored half of my post and continued to use the feats to justify themselves. Telling me how Sonic damaged Tabuu's wings doesn't make the feat consistent; it's the very feat that you're trying to prove isn't an outlier. You can't use the feat itself as proof that the feat isn't an outlier.

I'm arguing that the feats are outliers, not that they don't exist.

Ganon's feat isn't a feat, though. He didn't even touch Tabuu before being pushed back.

It is true. Remember this thing? What do you think it is?

And yes, SSE is indeed a thing. They live in the universe that Master Hand created. What's your point here?

Scaling the Smash Bros cast to Master Hand or Tabuu is the equivalent of scaling Dan Hibiki to Akuma, scaling Mokap to Shao Kahn, or scaling Batman to the Spectre. This has been discussed multiple times and turns out to be repetitive.

They logically should be far superior to the fighters lore wise

Your logic doesnt cut it, post proof.

and the fighters being able to hurt them is an outlier.

But Why? That is the question i have.

There are multive JRPG verses where the protagonists kill God, are they all an outlier now? Just because they are "Gods"? (Bravely Default, Xenoblade, Xenosaga, etc.)

I call them "literal gods" because they are responsible for the creation of the universe in Smash Lore.

You are wrong.

Master hand is only stated to be
RSBE01-152
"a link beyond the world of throphies and the world beyond"
Which further helps my case that the throphies live in their own, separate reality. Aka. they are 100% not "Toys"

Even the throphy states that Master Hands takes JOY in fighting them, there is no statement that he is restrianing himself in any shape nor fashion. Nor that he "created" the Smash World.

If they are separate realities, i could argue a 2-C tiering could also be plausible.

Your move.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Scaling the Smash Bros cast to Master Hand or Tabuu is the equivalent of scaling Dan Hibiki to Akuma, scaling Mokap to Shao Kahn, or scaling Batman to the Spectre. This has been discussed multiple times and turns out to be repetitive.
Nah, it is really not.

I think i have sufficient proof that preperly states that...

1.-Master Hand never ever created the Smash World

2.-Smash Fighters are not toys

3.-Smash World is a separate reality than our own

And, before you post the Smash 4 throphy, notice it says "The Source of Creation IN the Smash Universe." not "OF the Smash Universe."

So yeah, they should scale by reasons above.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
And, before you post the Smash 4 throphy, notice it says "The Source of Creation IN the Smash Universe." not "OF the Smash Universe."
So yeah, they should scale by reasons above.
Scale to what? You do know Master Hand creating the universe is the reason he is Low 2-C, right? Same thing for Tabuu. He's Low 2-C for defeating them.

Well, then a donwgrade seems likely if that is the case, unless anyone can argue he can destroy the Smash World if not the world beyond.

Smash 4 and Brawl say he didnt create the world, but is a source of creation IN that world (Aka. in within it).

Melee is the only one that states the Smash World could be imaginary, but we are not really counting Melee into this.

Just Subspace emissary (Brawl) and the fighters that scale from Smash 4.

The fact that he is the source of all creation in the universe means he created the entire cast, thus meaning is still obviously far superior to them. In fact this means he created the stars and the planets, and even if we assume he did it one celestial body at a time, it means he generated the GBE to necessitate that. That's at least 4-C, but we generally treat that stuff as 4-A.

Regardless that's just a supporter feat. He's superior to the creation trio, whom he also should have created at some point. They have universal statements on their trophies.

Either way you cut it he's far superior to the cast. And scaling them to the guy who oneshot him is the same story; it's an outlier. They're currently ranked as Low 7-B due to Kirby's Down B feat, which is far more likely to scale to everyone, as it's a feat performed by a generic fighter that has been there since the beginning, not "literally god".

I'll respond to any points you pose later. It's 3 AM here.

Uh no, some characters are legit above all their peers and/or show progression in power levels; especially Dragon Ball and JRPG characters. Here, is a fighting game with static power levels outside of PIS, and which Tabuu and Master Hand are canonically above the entire playable cast put together. Tabuu stomps the party as easily as Sindel stomps the Mortal Kombat 9 cast. Sonya Blade is clearly not on par with Raiden or Shao Kahn.

Seriously, this downplay is only based on "Nu huh they are gods and they are filthy peasants, they cannot hurt them".

Seriously, even if Smash characters do not gain "levels" per se, killing monsters doesnt justify klling gods either, Medeus.

This is not an outlier, not PIS.

Killing gods is pretty much a TROPE at this point, and any arguments of "Nu Huuuh they are gods you cannot hurt them or PIS!" are absurd and we should have out Low 2-C Smash profiles.

Who is with me.
Akarin

No, we dont need non canon profiles for every Smash character. Honestly, only for those like R.O.B. and Duck Hunt, who have nothing else.

And even so, as if Low 2-C Pichu

Would the Children get profiles ? You know, the ones alluded to be above the Smash Bros Multiverse as... They sort of view it like fiction or something ? They were alluded to in Melee and the 64 game.

As for the topic... I am rather neutral for now.

@Rein ... I don't agree with that for obvious reasons.

Sonic in Smash Bros .... Sort of bodied Tabuu without trying. They should scale to him post-Smash Bros Brawl I would believe... Because at least that would allow circular scaling. If we allowed, we could potentially see it like this :

Smash Bros Brawl l Post-Smash Bros Brawl

Those who would appear Post-Smash Bros Brawl would scale to Sonic, who fought Tabuu. Sonic doesn't neccessarily fight anyone else in Smash sans Tabuu during Brawl . So... It could be a possible way to scale everyone to it .

I know. It's a joke. As I played SSB games and even pretty meta at it, I'm baffled with their tiers. How should they not scale to Master Hand and guys? We even defeated Tabuu in Subspace Emissary and Master Core in SSB 4.

I just used those keys because of consistency. In my personal opinion: It makes much more sense for them to scale to Sonic post-SSBB rather than during Super Smash Bros Brawl... Since they showed Sonic as ridiculously superior to everyone else . This way ... It's at least more consistent .

So... During Smash Bros Brawl... Low 7-B

Post Smash Bros Brawl... Low 2-C .

Rrinhard, 2nd and therefir agree with me having low 2-c as an optional, separate form.

Seriously, what bothers you so much of havimng a separate form for this? Just let us have the option, and it is backed up by Sonic's and Ganondorf's feats, the description for Smash Brawl's Master Hand and Smash world being a separate reality than the real world.

Not to mention that CLASSIC MODE is shown to be canon in Master Hand's throphy, saying he outright challenges the fighters.

I'd rather not arbitrarily split 64, Melee and such from the rest of the games, especially not if it's used to wank the verse.

It's pretty consistent that Master Hand is an allegory for a kid playing with his toys. Scaling the "toys" themselves (the Smashers) to it can't really work.

Regardless, we had an entire thread debunking this earlier. Unless you have something new to bring up, there is little reasons for this discussion.

On the other hand, saying that scaling to Tabuu doesn't work because he one-shot everyone is flawed; he did so with his strongest attack, and he was only defeated once said attack was disabled by Sonic.

Also this thread's been derailed to death either way. If you truly want Smash to be Tier 2, make another thread.

Not to mention that half of Rapid's arguments come from circular reasoning; using the very feats he's trying to argue consistency for to prove that they're consistent.

Of course Sonic damaged Tabuu; everyone did that. It's not 30+ different Low 2-C feats, it's a single Low 2-C feat.

Same thing with fighting Master Hand; hurting Master Hand isn't evidence that the feat isn't PIS.

Also, your statement about Ganondorf hitting Tabuu is wrong.

But anyways this thread was mega derailed. You should make a new one if you're willing to continue this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back