• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Super Smash Bros isn`t canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you mean other than the characters being canonically trophies?...(or amiibo, now that i think about it)

Most of it isn't canon since they're just trophies and not the real characters, but the Kid Icarus characters are implied to be the canon ones, and the amiibo characters in FE:fates are the same ones as from smash

What if they were just enhanced by something that Master Hand did so they wouldn`t actually hurt each other, so when any of them runs out of stamina or wants to rest (or anything in those lines), turns into a "toy"?

No its not it headcanon plus why would taboo a person stronger then master hand not one shot them because he'd over power master hands "protection" or what ever

Jesterofgames said:
No its not it headcanon plus why would taboo a person stronger then master hand not one shot them because he'd over power master hands "protection" or what ever
Because it still works, but it only drains their stamina, so they are thus forced to go back to their "trophy" form.

Because aside from Kid Icarus (which is chock full of fourth-wall breaking to other parts of Nintendo), the events of Smash Bros are never referenced outside of the games themselves in canon content.

As the others have stated, the events of Smash Bros are essentially kids using toys and imagining the battles in their heads as evidenced by the openings of multiple games and several cutscenes.

>Besides Kid Icarus

Kirby has a copy ability literally called Smash with all of his Smash fighting moves tho, and Master Hand and Crazy Hand appear as bosses in Amazing Mirror that give him said ability.

Kirby and Kid Icarus are the only Nintendo franchises I know of that reference Smash Bros, but both of those more so do it for gag purposes such as cameo's and 4th wall breaks respectively.

I guess nothing can be done in this until Nintendo actually bothers to clear out how the canon of Smash exactly works (or if it`s just its own canon).

Anything to say before I close this?

I hope Kirby gets Hypernova as a Final Smash

Well, since aparently Low 2-C fighters is not "accurate" (Even tho they fought both Hands, Giga Bowser and Tabuu who are all Low 2-C) they would be stuck at at pathetic tier 7, which is fodder to almost every single fighter in their canon version.

So yeah, unless they are Tier 4 or higher, they are literally useless to even have around imo.

Well, but of course. But they will be mostly useless.

What use could you get out of a very limited tier 7 cloud ? If they were Low 2-C, those characters could see a lot more use and would justify the limited moveset.

But limited moversets and a sub par tier? They can be made sure, but they would be most likely forgotten by time and would just absorb the god tier SSBU renders into them.

So, i say, yeah make them.

But do you really need to?

I say they shouldnt be made as they are not going to be used and would just take away space.

I can say the exact same about Low 2-C Smash

Do you really need to? Or do you just want a Low 2-C version of X character

Also, the argument of the profiles not being used is invalid as we have thousands of profiles and I doubt that most of them are used in versus threads

Yeah, i want a Low 2-C version of characters.

Of course i want to.

Im just saying that you can make them if you wish, dont let me stop you, but what kind of use can you get out of a weaker and more limited version of a character on the wikia?

The same thing you'd get from a stronger version of the same character, different matchups in different tiers, whether it be Low 2-C or Low 7-B

Name 3 Low 7-B out of your head that fit with the smash Bros verse.

Ill name 3 Low 2-Cs fights from top of my head.

Goku (Goku Smash bros memes, Goku vs Mario video)

Xenoblade Shulk (Vs Smash Shulk)

EB Ness vs SSB Ness

--

Im not saying that Tier 7 Smash bros isnt reasonable or can´t be a thing, but, yeah, i dont see it being remotely useful having it around, and they would take away the new renders with them.

Geez, what a shame.

Maybe as a possibly?

Yeah, that seems reasonable enough for me.

Low 7-B, Possibly Low 2-C. Low 2-C (Able to fight Tabuu alongside the other fighters.) and Low 2-C (Comparable to fighters who can fight Tabuu.)

Just as an option. I would really, really lament if the Smash Bros Characters are just that weak.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Name 3 Low 7-B out of your head that fit with the smash Bros verse.
Define "fit the Smash Bros. Verse"?

I don't see how this at all relates to your point about "usefulness".

We are primarily an indexing site. VS Debating threads are just there as a secondary. We call ourselves VS Battles Wiki because obviously that sounds more exciting than "Character Index Wiki", and it was a name inherited by the wiki's founder.

Scaling toys to the literal gods who control them cannot be viewed as anything but PIS.

We use "possibly" rankings when that ranking is actually a possibility, not when we want to include outlier feats and scaling that doesn't make sense.

This topic has already been discussed.

It can always be discussed again.

They fought Tabuu, not Master Hand, which is not "their creator"

Also, Smash Throphies havebeen shown to be able to fight on their own with legit life on them, Smash 64 doesnt count since they are plus toys instead of throphies.

So no, i dont see this being PIS, like, at all.

The moment a "toy" comes alive, jumps around and breaks your hand, ill agree with ya.

And not to mention that "Smash World" is indeed a thing where the thropies exist, and there is never any instance of a comparison with the real world.

Smash Fighters are not regular toys, and thus, should scale.

It looks like a possible new discussion rule might be in order if this repeats itself again.

Yeah, i think it does.

The more i look into this, the less reasonable it seems to claim Smash Fighters are just "toys" and thus, shouldn´t be scaled.

Regardless Master Hand is the literal god of the Smash Universe and Tabuu one shot him. It's the same story. In fact, that makes it even more of an outlier. Lore wise Master Hand and Crazy Hand are far above the entire Smash cast.

A single feat that's shared by the whole cast is still a single feat, not 30+ Low 2-C feats.

Thing is, i think you are all confusing the fighters.

In Smash 64, they are plush toys, no argument there. They are indeed toys.

But Brawl shows us that those fighters are not only alive by their own, they have their own realm, and they are around the same size as Master Hand, which can be hurt by them.

If this is an outlier, then you should have a better argument that "they are toys", this has not been the case since Melee.

I'm not arguing solely because they're toys.

I'm arguing that putting them at Low 2-C means scaling them to the literal gods of the Smash universe and the guy who curbstomped them, toys or not.

I don't understand your point about the whole "having their own realm" thing, even assuming it's true.

Master Hand being hurt by them is the very feat you're trying to claim isn't an outlier here. You can't use the feat to justify itself.

I'm arguing that putting them at Low 2-C means scaling them to the literal gods of the Smash universe and the guy who curbstomped them, toys or not.

Your argument is that because they are "Literal Gods" they simply cannot be hurt? (Seriously, what does "literal gods" even mean in this context?)

Then lets upgrade Aqua from Konosoba at Tier 1 at once, since no one can beat gods aparently.

Seriously, explain yourself.

---

Anyways, Master Hand was one shotted, not "curbstomped". (Is that even an argument?)

And, the biggest proof on my side is that Sonic broke Tabuu´s wings and Ganondorf was able to strike Tabuu before being pushed away by the forcefield.

---

It is true.
RSBE01-12
Remember this thing? What do you think it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back