• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't Darkseid just 2-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Just a simple question. Why is Darkseid's true form "At least 2-C, likely 2-A" instead of plain 2-A? He seems to have several 2-A feats listed on his profile and only one 2-C feat which doesn't seem to be suggesting that it was the extent of his power, or even if it was, the profile says he was weakened and dying at that time.

I agree with this sentiment, though there might be some valid reason why.

From what I recall of this, it was due to some really uncertainty of how many universes there were at the time or whatever. It was on some thread Matt made of this of him where the compromise was for there to be how his current tier is now at.

So Matt will have to be messaged to answer that question here.

Though reading here reminds me: Is there anything that actually would make him 2-A? AFAIK here, the only ways one could be this is either creating and/or destroying an infinite number of universes/timelines, have infinite 4-D power (or so I heard), or be like Asriel to how he is compared to his Photoshop form. Unless I'm missing the part of Darkseid being infinite in the context of this wikis definition of 2-A, not saying I'm against it mind y'all, I'm not getting any vibe of him being that completely...at least.

I guess there is some discrepancy over the terms "reality" or "multiverse" on whether it should be considered 2-C or 2-A. Can't say anything with certainty

One of the reasonings for his 2-A rating is that he "created endless realities" which should be a solid 2-A feat. However if the size of the multiverse as a whole is contested I'm fine with how he's rated.

I'll ask Matt to respond though.

He is 2-C or 2-A because his multiversal feats can either be 2-C or 2-A. Most of Final Crisis implies the later, but one quote implies the former. So we show both interpretations.

Alright. How about that one feat of him creating endless realities though? That seems like a solid 2-A feat regardless of the size of the regular multiverse. Or would it be better for just both interpretations?

I dunno if those endless realities are real tho. Might be illusions.

But yeath. 2-C or 2-A is the best interpretation.

Sure thing. I'll close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back