• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't Buu Saga Goku MFTL as a Super Saiyan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Pretty much the title. We consider SSJ1 to be > Kaioken 20x in terms of speed. Because of that, shouldn't Buu Saga Goku be MFTL due to the multipler?

Even if we assume Goku is at the lowest end of FTL+, he'd still be MFTL with the SSJ.

So... why isn't he?

I recall Dark649 had plans to look over the speed multipliers a while back, but he's been retired for over a year now and no one got around to step by step looking at the speed feats and multipliers. And Piccolo's initial speed feat recently being upgraded also might give more barring on this, but now's not the best time. And also not looking forward to having to potentially bicker with other staff members again.

When's the best time, then?

Besides, I don't think this is a controversial thing. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with SSJ > 20x Kaioken, so I don't see any reason on why this would be a problem.

If said time takes a eternity to come, what's the problem with simply putting MFTL for the time being.

And if the guy that was going to revise them has been retired for so long, who's going to revise them?

I recall Dark649 had plans to look over the speed multipliers a while back, but he's been retired for over a year now and no one got around to step by step looking at the speed feats and multipliers. And Piccolo's initial speed feat recently being upgraded also might give more barring on this, but now's not the best time. And also not looking forward to having to potentially bicker with other staff members again.
I already have the speed calc for Piccolo done (Moon destruction calc is done too, nobody had problems with using anime timeframe for speed in the manga just like with Roshi, only problem they have is with regards to using the anime destruction for the manga). Problem is, it's on my out-of-commission PC and I can't retrieve it until I get the new PC.

Honestly tho the speed from the anime is that it takes Piccolo's beam 3-ish seconds to reach the moon from the Earth regardless of whether you use the OG anime or Kai (I checked both using watchframebyframe, 3.05-ish seconds in the OG anime and 3.17-ish seconds in DBZ Kai, and the results equal to 40% SoL), and the beam feat is a one-to-one replica of the manga feat so it should count as being usable as per our policy for using anime scenes (Minus the destruction, only the anime shows it, manga only shows the beam being shot). Y'all could easily make the speed calc yourself since it's so simple, but the destruction calc will need to wait and will definitively affect Toei DBZ characters, so we'll wait for that.

The entire reasoning for SSJ Multipliers not being accepted are very debatable. People are whole ass tryna downplay the speed of the Super characters off of a feat which isn't 100 percent confirmed.

Yes it's dumb IMO, I heard they don't even wanna use SSJ as a multiplier because it's gotten stronger which isn't a reason and it isn't true anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back