• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is tier 1 Transformer legit when Touhou isn't even when both have brane cosmology

Since people always bring TTGL, now I will summon another verse instead

So apparently Transformer has only one statement that mentions the word "brane" and boom, got upgraded to 1-B cosmology, the same thing didn't happen to Touhou because people in Touhou upgrade thread said that the verse needs more contexts to not be vague (?)

Why? tbh brane cosmology cringe and I want to nuke it from the wiki but if we already used it for a verse with fewer contexts and statements I feel like it's kinda double standard to reject Touhou

Ah, yes, whataboutism. Why does my favourite verse doesn't get granted tier 1 but someone else's does.

Just read this, all of it. It explains rather well why it belongs there. I am unfamiliar with the touho verse, but your reasoning for why transformers is there is rather misleading and misinformed.

Thread 'Transformers Multiversal Revision...Again' https://vsbattles.com/threads/transformers-multiversal-revision-again.125654/

Ah, yes, whataboutism. Why does my favourite verse doesn't get granted tier 1 but someone else's does.

Just read this, all of it. It explains rather well why it belongs there. I am unfamiliar with the touho verse, but your reasoning for why transformers is there is rather misleading and misinformed.

Thread 'Transformers Multiversal Revision...Again' https://vsbattles.com/threads/transformers-multiversal-revision-again.125654/

Yes I have read it, you can even see my comment there lol, also don't say that Touhou is my favorite verse because I know totally nothing about that series

I mean if you think they qualify for that, you should have brought up the issue when Saikou debunked all of those. He explained it well why the whole brane cosmology thing is just in words.

The reason is, the verse brought up vaguely about a super-unified theory, we know in our real world that theory is Super String Theory which have 10 to 11 dimensions. That all, then the person who make that Touhou thread link a bunch of random wikipedia pages about Brane Multiverse and Stroling Theory and start his own personal interpretation on how the Touhou cosmology should be brane multiverse model. And last argument was about using other verses that also use String Theory like Honkai Impact, etc...
Problem is, the over verses have strong cosomology evidences and structure, while Touhou have no established cosmology structure, thus no tier 1 for the verse

The reason is, the verse brought up vaguely about a super-unified theory, we know in our real world that theory is Super String Theory which have 10 to 11 dimensions. That all, then the person who make that Touhou thread link a bunch of random wikipedia pages about Brane Multiverse and Stroling Theory and start his own personal interpretation on how the Touhou cosmology should be brane multiverse model. And last argument was about using other verses that also use String Theory like Honkai Impact, etc...
Problem is, the over verses have strong cosomology evidences and structure, while Touhou have no established cosmology structure, thus no tier 1 for the verse
Lol, why the typos tho.
To Delta, well it's because of the disagree train XD.

I wouldn't actually consider myself much of an expert on this specifically. I'll be honest the TF cosmology is a convoluted mess that makes DC and Marvel blush.

Different mods I believe, one had higher standards than the other.

Edit: Same mod. I am no expert on brane Cosmology so don't know why Touhou didn't qualify

Last edited:
Different mods I believe, one had higher standards than the other.

Edit: Same mod. I am no expert on brane Cosmology so don't know why Touhou didn't qualify
Touhou doesn't even have brane cosmology, only one statement of a super unified theory

You said "only one statement of a super unified theory" which is objectively incorrect. Also, show me a theory that uses branes of non-insignificant size that isn't brane cosmology/large extra dimensions

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't ZUN very chill about the 2hu continuity? Hence why feats/statements from various mediums (Games, manga, anime, etc) are all vaild?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't ZUN very chill about the 2hu continuity? Hence why feats/statements from various mediums (Games, manga, anime, etc) are all vaild?
This is a very, VERY slippery slope that you do not want to go down.

This is a very, VERY slippery slope that you do not want to go down.
Oh I'm well aware, I actually dislike WoG but I just wanted to confirm it since from my very surface level knowledge of 2hu that's usually one of the first things I hear when talking about 2hu canon/continuity (At least from 2hu supporters off-site).

Yes and no. While there are a lot of fan-made Touhou stuff that is considered both canon and official (mostly the mangas), there are others that aren't. I am considering making a CRT to add a discussion rule for the verse that lists some notable works that aren't canon/official and shouldn't be used to upgrade the characters or give them extra hax, namely Touhou LostWord.

Looking back at the thread. Touhou brane stuff wasn't really rejected, but it didn't qualify for High 1-C

Otherworld is just a single universe as indicated above in the scan Shmooply provided. A single brane is just Low 2-C (as a default), the whole mulstiversal structure in which the branes are (the bulk) is High 1-C.

Unless you have evidence to suggest that the single brane talked about here is anything higher than Low 2-C, or some contradictory information that Otherworld is actually the whole multiverse and not indicating a single universe.

The line of fanmande and official in Touhou is a little vague at times; ZUN has always allowed fans to create what they want with minimal legal oversight (no need to worry about DMCA takedowns, for instance), but those works will still be fanmade. In the case of games making it onto consoles/digital storefronts, ZUN does officially license these games, so things like Luna Nights and Lost Word are 'official', but only in the sense that he recognizes them and has given the legal go-ahead to be distributed and sold via a non-doujin entity (like the Nintendo eShop or App Store).

And yeah, the cosmology could've been explained a little better. With the concepts introduced and proven to exist, the overall cosmological structure is indeed 10-dimensional, though this extends only to the multiverse itself and not any individual Otherworld.

Since people always bring TTGL, now I will summon another verse instead

So apparently Transformer has only one statement that mentions the word "brane" and boom, got upgraded to 1-B cosmology, the same thing didn't happen to Touhou because people in Touhou upgrade thread said that the verse needs more contexts to not be vague (?)

Why? tbh brane cosmology cringe and I want to nuke it from the wiki but if we already used it for a verse with fewer contexts and statements I feel like it's kinda double standard to reject Touhou
because transformers directly have lower dimensions as lower infinities, something you should have seen if you read the thread, with the stuff about brane's being supporting evidence that the dimensions qualify, if they were just working off of brane stuff however they would be 11-D, not 21-D as they currently are

transformers directly have lower dimensions as lower infinities
What is the scan in that thread again? From what I have read the feat about uncountably infinite universes is evidence for low 1-C and the feat about brane cosmology on 13-17 dimensions is for 1-B

What is the scan in that thread again? From what I have read the feat about uncountably infinite universes is evidence for low 1-C and the feat about brane cosmology on 13-17 dimensions is for 1-B
Those "Planicrons" were in fact the lower-world equivalent of Cybertronian species; they were the Transformers of the Flatworld. Planicrons were mechanical lifeforms with geometrical outlines, but now they formed a gestalt of a cosmic scale as a result of combining with each other and other species and materials

They devised a super spatial theory and a warp technology as the necessities of communication. During the process of their extreme evolution, their mental function had become one with the law of nature. They were the "living braneworld" and the first Transformer race that accomplished "All are One", although it was perhaps possible because their two dimensional world was limited in space. They also functioned as a cosmic sized two dimensional computer, and in accordance with their logic and intelligence, the Planicrons were good-natured.
their 2D world was directly stated to be limited in space in comparison to the 3D world

their 2D world was directly stated to be limited in space in comparison to the 3D world
I mean if you have read that thread you will know that there is a suggestion to add that 2-D thingies to their justifications on profile, but staff rejected it due to being downright redundant

yeah, since it could be implied by the fact that if the stuff was already accepted that it is legit but eh, idk

Back