• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Dwarf Star level a thing?

Stuff like "small island" or "large planet" or "small planet" I can understand. But why is Dwarf Star level a thing? We don't use terms like "gas dwarf" (yes, that is a thing for those who don't know) or "proto planet" as tiers. It just sorta feels like a pointless tier to have. Can someone explain why this tier is necessary, and what makes it stand out from the sub-tiers I brought up that makes it needed as it's own tier?

I do not remember. It was likely created to split up some large tier, but at this point it seems like unnecessary work for no gain to get rid of it.

Speaking of which, why there isn't a "Low 5-A", or "Large Planet Level" (I know that name is already used for 5-A but that could be named as "Gas Giant Level" instead and set the baseline at destroying Saturn or something like that) for Planets like Neptune and Uranus? I mean, the two Ice Giants are clearly much different in their composition than Jupiter and Saturn, and they're also much smaller than both of them.

As for High 5-A, there are sub-stellar objects called "Brown Dwarfs", which are much more massive than regular gas giants, so they shouldn't be 5-A, but are much smaller than stars, since they can't fuse hydrogen to helium, so they can't be Tier 4. "High 5-A" is a good middle ground between Planets and Stars

This is something I've been curious about myself. It doesn't seem like a very necessary tier.

Back