• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Alduin immesurable in speed, if daedra aren't.

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
Simple question, really. Much like daedra can experience time non-linearly in Oblivion but are forced to abide by causality while on Nirn, Alduin is rather obviously the same. His actions take time, he travels slowly enough to predict his movement pattern over Skyrim by the likes of Delphine, and there's this thing about him being unable to reach you in time.

He never moves at immesurable speeds on Nirn as far as I know. Dragons can fly to Sovengrade, but that would but a very large amount of Skyrim characters at Immesurable. Plus, while I don't recall that part of the game all that well, he has a "door" to Sovangrade at a specific location, no?

This was explained to u by matt on the discussion thread for what I remember

Also no other dragons besides alduin has ever reached sovengard by speed

This was explained to u by matt on the discussion thread for what I remember
I might be experiencing memory loss, but from what I recall I discussed this with Matt once and didn't get much of a disagreement, I don't think.

But still, it's not really arguable that Alduin, even in the story unrelated to game mechanics, cannot move at Immesurable speeds in Nirn. So, if we assume he is allowed to do so, why would Daedra not be given the same advantage?

What I recall was him saying that dremora etc. Are only immesurable on oblivion as the barriers of mundus weaken them

Something like that

Because unlike the daedra alduins power is not limited by the barriers of mundus

What I recall was him saying that dremora etc. Are only immesurable on oblivion as the barriers of mundus weaken them

Something like that

Because unlike the daedra alduins power is not limited by the barriers of mundus
But, then... what about every moment in the Skyrim storyline?

Him requiring quantifiable amounts of time to perform actions isn't just a game mechanic, parts of the story rely on him taking enough time in-between flying from A to B that you can predict him, and do actions before he reaches you. Him taking time to recuperate and lick his wounds by eating souls in Sovengard is also important, and he is also seen and reacted to by people.

Immesurable doesn't just contradict the game of Skyrim, it contradicts everything involving him in that game.

But, then... what about every moment in the Skyrim storyline?

Him requiring quantifiable amounts of time to perform actions isn't just a game mechanic, parts of the story rely on him taking enough time in-between flying from A to B that you can predict him, and do actions before he reaches you. Him taking time to recuperate and lick his wounds by eating souls in Sovengard is also important, and he is also seen and reacted to by people.

Immesurable doesn't just contradict the game of Skyrim, it contradicts everything involving him in that game.
Alduin has been going all around to resurrect dragons and tracking the place of buried dragons

He also did not outright know about what u where doing as parthurnax says

"Do not delay. Alduin will be coming. He cannot miss the signs.""

so alduin did not know about what u where doing.

Him taking time to recuperate has nothing to do with speed

As for the reason these are the ones given by matt/unltima

"unbound by the concept of linear time and exists outside of it, living in the spaces between Kalpas. Unaffected by Dragon Breaks. Capable of literally flying through the currents of time, and traveling from Nirn to Sovngarde with sheer speed"

They also revised all profiles after the new system was in place if the new sistem would have affected the profile they would have taken it out

Last edited:
Back