• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why does Jaz Domino (Bleach) a quite broken sternritter doesn’t have a profile?

Let's talk about Shaz Domino.​

Alright let’s start:

"The Viability." ('Viability' definition [biology]: able to survive or live successfully.)
"Sigma." (Japanese for "Holy Scar.")
I really like how this dude's epithets coincide with his nature. "Viability" in the sense that he survives successfully no matter what happens to him, and "Sigma" because of the symbolism of him being a figurative scar on the world (a wound will always heal and scar over). To "live successfully" also makes me think of how he managed to stay alive apart from his creator.
He and his ability are manifest from Gremmy, and I like that Shaz used this very power to become independent of him. No longer needing to be sustained by Gremmy's imagination, he's got his own self-sustaining existence now - yet he still represents aspects of Gremmy. An interesting relationship between them, to say the least.
The fact that Yhwach acknowledged Shaz as an individual separate from the actual Sternritter V says quite a bit about Shaz. Alongside his nature of existence, to then be assigned his own one-of-a-kind epithet and welcomed as a Sternritter makes him quite the special guy.
Having survived his "wrong place, wrong time" encounter with Ichigo during the First Invasion, his ulterior goal was to essentially be the next Aizen - create a Hogyoku and cause lots of trouble.
He wanted to become something i've always wanted to see: a Hollowfied Quincy. His reasoning for such to be viable for him due to his nature was theoretically valid.
The light novel "The Beginning of the Revive of Tomorrow" gave us insight into what may have been Izuru Kira's first enemy encounter since being revived as a dead man. And this little fight of "Izuru Kira versus Shaz Domino" was, in my opinion, a fascinating contribution to the story. Seriously, if the final arc is ever animated, i sincerely hope that these light novel additions are animated, as well. In my imagination, this scenario in particular is especially awesome in many ways.
(Let me point this out real quick, for the record: "dead man versus undying man".)
The way that Shaz was defeated was fairly clever, even for a guy who can't die and would seemingly need a cheap plot device to deal with him. Though it was quick and easy, i don't think it's cheap at all. It was actually quite brilliant. His own power betrays him in not one but two ways: his cycle of regeneration is uncontrollably and perpetually healing a body that is now forever affected by Wabisuke's gravity, which sinks him further into the ground in which he's already sinking because of his ability that is absorbing the ground below him. His flawless regeneration has become his own downfall, and he will never be able to ever escape from this effect. Whew, that's 100% brutal.
We barely saw Shaz at all. Guenael Lee was in three chapters; Shaz was in no more than three panels. My opinion on his design is thus minuscule. From what we could see of his appearance, though, i think he was a sharp-looking guy. He's like a much better version of Guenael (which makes sense), having glasses and his hair being styled into five parts. The leopard pattern facial markings and vest was a unique touch, as well.
As a character, i think he is underappreciated. The light novel really made him shine for just a moment; and though his presence was criminally underused, it was still, at the same time, used very well.
And speaking of his design similarities with Guenael, here's another perspective i noticed with them: Guenael had the ability to "leave" while Shaz had the ability to "stay" (if that wording makes any sense). Guenael could vanish and be non-existent, while Shaz had an ability that was the inversion, essentially; he could keep coming back into existence even if you managed to destroy him.
Also, there's the fact that Guenael had control of his ability while Shaz did not (Guenael chose when and how to apply his ability, while Shaz had automatic regeneration that was not of his own control). This links to Gremmy in a way, as well; Guenael was under Gremmy's control, while Shaz was independent and apart from Gremmy's control.
He is a unique and special guy in his nature as a materialized imagination who gained individuality, who was acknowledged separately as an additional soldier and even given his own epithet designation, and who had a goal to become the Hollowfied Quincy subjugator of a new Hogyoku.
Legend has it... that to this day... he's still sinking below the surface of Soul Society....
What are your thoughts about this guy?
I would like to know where you request a profile to be created?

beginning_of_the_revive_of_tommorow__shaz_domino_by_blackbommer22-d97rra2.png

I would like to know where you request a profile to be created?
I've honestly thought about creating a profile for this guy since i've got most of the scans for his scaling, abilities etc.

But i'm also conflicted in the sense it'll mean extra work for me and i'm not sure he's worth that extra work tbh.

I'll probably create a profile for him down the line after i'm done revising the current profiles on the wiki.

I've honestly thought about creating a profile for this guy since i've got most of the scans for his scaling, abilities etc.

But i'm also conflicted in the sense it'll mean extra work for me and i'm not sure he's worth that extra work tbh.

I'll probably create a profile for him down the line after i'm done revising the current profiles on the wiki.
Thanks! But like his character! Plus his goal being the same as Aizen is really cool.

Back