• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Bleach is not universal or "cosmic" in any way: simple edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the "universal Bleach" stuff stems from one personage, the Soul King, and his supposed ability to "passively prevent the collapse of the Bleach universe" (while weakened) and "his almighty power was used by the Five Noble Families as the foundation for splitting the original Universe into the world of Kishi, the world of Reishi, and Hueco Mundo" (while in his prime).

Now, I don't know about you, but it's kind of absurd to assert that a being who, while in a completely vegetative state, somehow retains the attack power equivalent of blowing up multiple galaxies at once. In the context of the story, it's clear that the Soul King is more of a "cosmic lynchpin" that, once removed, will cause everything to fall apart in a "chain reaction" like fashion, a fashion that is a textbook example of Environmental Destruction. Even the Soul King's profile states in his "3-B" key that "It should be noted that the Soul King in this state has no agency and cannot feasibly attack". How anyone can seriously believe that somehow passively keeping the universe from blowing up, while in a completely vegetative state with no agency, has anything in particular to do with raw power and not some "cosmic lynchpin balance keeper" status, is completely beyond me.

Even the "prime" Soul King's ranking is bullshit, as even aside from the blatantly hyperbolic "power that transcends everything" (which has that extreme "higher-dimensional reiatsu" exaggeration energy), we get his justification being "his almighty power was used by the Five Noble Families as the foundation for splitting the original Universe into the world of Kishi, the world of Reishi, and Hueco Mundo".

Now, I distinctly remember the Soul King being described as doing this with the Almighty ability, which, as we all know, is a hax that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his raw power, and the whole thing about "Five Noble Families using the Soul King" just bellows "extenuating circumstances". Either way, it's little more than a range feat for Almighty hax, and has nothing to do with the Soul King's raw power. I honestly feel that the Almighty ability was deliberately conflated with the general concept of "almighty power" in the profile to give his "universal" rating more weight than it actually has. And where did that fifth "noble family" come from, because even the Bleach wiki only lists four. This entire "universal Bleach" thing seems to rest upon layer after layer of misinformation.

And I don't know how Hueco Mundo is differentiated from Reishi as a whole, considering that it is the primary abode of Hollows and Arrancar. Are we assuming that Soul Society comprises the totality of Reishi (the "spiritual world") for some reason?

I suggest that we change the tiers of both Soul King's keys to Unknown, and revert Ichigo, Aizen, and Yhwach to whatever "sub-cosmic" levels they were at before. Multi-continent level. Moon level. Planet level. It doesn't matter that much to me.

TL;DR nothing the Soul King does, or is said to have done, or is "used" by anyone to do, scales to anyone's raw power, not even the Soul King himself,

unknown.png

Prime Soul King is bonafide 2C being. He explicitly didn't use "Almighty Hax" for splitting feat... he used his "almighty power" for splitting the realms into 3 which blatantly Cosmic feat.
This ""hax"" bullshit from misinterpreting the novel statement was elaborately debunked in last threads.

Also another ""chain reaction"" bullshit. Just throwing shade at feats at this point without evidence. And Environmental Destruction cannot apply when feats are powers based in verse which has a blatant UES.

Everything is wrong here.

Oh good, so your inaccurate and bad faith downplaying isn't exclusive to Touhou.

I barely care about Bleach but I'm aware of the monumental effort put into the universal upgrades, and for you to barge in here and start ranting about how wrong everyone is without even bothering to post a shred of relevant evidence is an insult to the people who actually put hard work and effort into Bleach on this wiki.

Just gonna post 1 simply clarification here

"He used his almighty power"

This as it is written does sound like the hax right?

However the kanji used on the original text uses the word as in "power, energy" etc.

When they are talking about the hax the kanji used is for "all knowing"

Basically making a distinction of the Almighty word when used as the hax

All of this was talked to great length on the other threads

And when used to describe simply raw power/energy

Someone should just link him my recent CRT honestly.
Prepare for the biggest walls of text of your life, Arc. And don't worry, there won't be any scans or actual counterpoints from Mal, but there will be A LOT of equally long replies.

Playful jabs aside, most of Mal's arguments here come from misunderstanding the material and how important the original japanese translation was. There is nothing new in his arguments, so I disagree with the downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back