• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Time for another stupid matchup, let’s see how this ends up. Should be interesting, since Touma vs Leopard was apparently popular. I’ll try not to make it a Stomp though.

Somewhere in the world, the Universes Strongest Fighter faces off against a Machine, Bred to Kill. Can his strongest form take out the measly Nano-Virus, or shall a Microscopic Machine Muller the Multiverse?

The Rules:
  1. We are using Goku’s Base form. However, we’re unrestricting the keys for accuracy, meaning he can go all the way up to Ultra Instinct If he so chooses, aka his last key on the profile. The Nano-Virus starts off with its Survival Abilities (Heat Resistances, Cold Resistances, and Drug Resistances, all that stuff.) and Transmissions (Water, Birds, Insects, Air, and more.) completely developed, but doesn’t get its symptoms yet. It’ll have to develop those.
  2. Goku does in fact know where Patient Zero is, aka the first guy infected with the Nano-Virus. He will have to figure out who the Virus infects next, however.
  3. This Battle takes place in a completely populated New York. People are acting normal and such, and organisms can in fact be infected. However, people cannot take actions against the fighters- no trying to cure the Nano-Virus, and no trying to kill Goku for example. This match can also go outside of New York, to a maximum of the entire World, giving a very large effect range for the Fighters to travel in.
  4. The Nano-Virus gets 1 Week of Preparation Time before Goku arrives, giving it time to infect and develop symptoms or abilities. Goku knows this thing can spread and knows where Patient Zero is, as stated above, but does not get any more info. This means he won’t know how it spreads, nor how fast, for example.
  5. Neither fighter gets their ‘Possibly’ abilities, if they have any. Strictly Canon stuff they can/have displayed.
  6. Other than what was said above, this is SBA. Winner is decided by who can kill the fighter first. Can the Nano-Virus kill Goku, or will Goku eradicate the Virus before it stands a chance?
Now... who shall win?

The Savior of Earth:
The Genetically Unstable Disease:
Composite Tree Outlives:

Last edited:
Wait, so how does Goku not get infected? Plague Inc Viruses can become extremely ******* complicated and easily transmitted within a week, so he's gonna have a fuckton of Difficulty unless he goes OoC and nukes the whole place.

While they can get going really fast, this one won’t have any Symptoms that could even possibly damage Goku for a long while, technically giving him time to do things. In addition, there are several abilities Goku has that could potentially allow him to locate and/or defend himself against the Nano-Virus. I won’t spoil the match though, there should be an actual debate

Read rule 3 again. This is a match between Goku and the Nano-Virus, not Doctors and the Nano-Virus. The people are simply there to make this more fair, as otherwise Goku would no-diff destroy the virus.

I don’t get this match?
Would the nano-virus even effect him, he is far stronger then anything the virus has infected.
I doubt the virus would last long if Goku started doing his standard fare (fighting and taking tier 3-2 amounts of damage and moving massively FTL.) how would that fare for a disease?

The virus has prep time and people to infect. Goku canonically is vulnerable to diseases- there’s an entire future where he died via Heart Disease. And yes, I’m aware Goku can start moving around and killing the virus and such, it likely won’t live That, but what makes this interesting is that the Virus can infect others to keep itself alive and such.

How good are doctors in the Dragon Ball multiverse?
Okay, so Trunks came from the future, having stated that Goku would die of an incurable heart disease. Thing was the heart disease in question has a cure in Trunks' timeline, which in Z was about the same year as the final match in canonical Dragon Ball (meaning all of the original, Z, and Super): Goku vs Uub.

Said heart disease was strong enough to allow Android 19 to overwhelm Goku. This bearing in mind that Vegeta, who was the most recent Super Saiyan at the time, was able to outright overwhelm Android 19. Bear in mind, the Android Saga was the time where it starts being hard to decide whether Vegeta or Goku is stronger (which had become a running sub-plot of sorts in the entire series).

This, bearing in mind that the heart disease was perhaps the only severe health condition he dealt with. I sincerely doubt he'd be aware of the fact that diseases like the Nano-Virus would need to be lab-tested for a proper diagnosis.

This is even with the very loose hint by Trunks at how good the doctors are in the Dragon Ball series (apparently only slightly more competent than real-world medical researchers assuming 30-50 years for FDA approvals on antivirals).

That is a feat for the heart disease rather then an anti-feat for Goku.
I mean but if Goku’s casual movement is too much for it, the chances of it hurting him are 0.

That is a feat for the heart disease rather then an anti-feat for Goku.
Pretty sure any severe disease will weaken anything it grabs a hold onto. I'm not speaking for either side here; I'm just aware of how terrible the consequences of various diseases can be.

I’d also like to note that Goku wont move forever. There may come a time where he falls asleep or tires out too much to use his moves, simply saying ‘The Disease can’t kill him because he keeps moving‘ isn’t quite a wincon.

I mean, the disease will probably be dead by then considering that he will likely be flying home to bed, or training before then considering that this is Goku.
I doubt he will go to bed infected, even then I doubt it could kill him in time considering how he isn’t even human (likely a different biology. The virus doesn’t seem to treat every animal the same and likely would need to adapt.) and how Goku is still infinitely stronger then what the virus has infected before.

Goku also doesn't detonate the whole country by moving, and doesn't generate any actual heat while moving about.

And without heat, flight would not at all affect the virus. Any science stuff that could destroy things inside of someone's blood are blatantly not present in DB, and just flying fast would be the equivalent of a human being in an airplane.

No heat to whistand, no air or kinetic energy (you don't think Goku is violently splashing his body around in his veins whenever he moves, right? Else even the smallest wound would make him into a red fountain if he moved, which it doesn't), there is little problems the nano-bot would at all face if it actually entered Goku.

And, yeah, if it can enter him it easily picks him apart from inside out. Without outside help, he doesn't have any abilities that can target microscopic objects inside of him.

Even assuming Goku's cells are tier 2, it can evolve plenty of abilities that would do him in regardless.

Couldn't Goku collect the Dragon Balls to get rid of it? I'm pretty sure they can cure diseases since Gohan and Videl wanted to cure Pan of a cold with them

Yes, though I imagine that's in the same lines as going to visit a doctor if infected, and just kind of against the point of the the thread.

Does Goku really have any other way to 'cure' people than to uncharacteristically murder them and try his best to keep the disease from spreading?
Ignoring any outside help, at least.

Where are the Dragon Balls located?
It's completely random where they end up going after the previous wish is made.

Does Goku really have any other way to 'cure' people than to uncharacteristically murder them and try his best to keep the disease from spreading?
Ignoring any outside help, at least.

It's completely random where they end up going after the previous wish is made.
Necrosis would even negate that, as Corpses would continue to be transmissive.

Also, although loop holey, The Kill Switch (Nano-Virus' Cure Replacement) could be worked on, it goes against the spirit of the prompt.

I'd say it depends on what evolution's Nano-Virus gets if it can get Necrosis and literally any other transmission options it should have a chance.

Back