• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When Prey Fights Back (Fennec Fox vs. Rabbit) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Nope, I am not pulling your leg. This isn't some half-truth leading to a couple of controversial anime characters doing a high-stakes battle that'll go on for days. What is on the label is what you are getting.

Real life fox vs. real life bunny. Who will win? Good question, let's find out.

In the blue corner, we have a Fennec Fox from The Real World, and in the red corner, we have a Rabbit from The Real World.

1200-510857559-cute-fennec-fox.jpg

full-body-cottontail.jpg

• This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help.
  • This battle takes place in a random location in the arid desert of California, starting ten feet apart from each other, giving both a fairly even playing field.
  • Both characters are bloodlusted.
  • Speed is not equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

• The Predator: 9 (DarlingAurora, Oliver_de_jesus, DaReaperMan, Peppersalt43, Noneless21, H3110l12345I20, Dragonite007, Shadyboi0, Apex_Predator_GX)
  • The Prey: 0
  • Inconclusive: 3 (Flashlight237, Jackythejack, koopa3144)

Last edited:
Look, Fennec fox is in his usual natural habitat... while the rabbit isn't.... so the rabbit can just dehydrate to death leaving the fox alive and well, it's especially true since they're 4 km apart from each other, and Fennec fox will probably try to hunt the rabbit, while the rabbit itself almost didn't have anything to eat since you make the battle take place in a desert

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the predator takes this?

What, 4 km? Is this something about SBA? That doesn't make too much sense.

Anyway, gonna change it so they start 10 feet apart.

The rabbit actually can defend itself. It can use its powerful kicking legs, as well as its own teeth and claws to fight back. They aren't as effective at slicing through meat as the fox's, but it can still deal a lot of damage.

Oh also, i kinda forgot SBA dictate that the distance between each contestant is depend on the range of the contestant can reach unless i miss something

Okay, then I don't know where 4 km came from, since they both have Below Standard Melee Range, lol.

Anyway, rabbits seem to be much like cheetahs in terms of stamina. They can go extremely fast in bursts, but they aren't built for marathon running. Whereas the fox has been known to dig underground for quite a bit of time before getting tired.

So, uh, yeah.

Noneless21 does have a point when it comes to a survivability advantage; fennec foxes are basically adapted to the desert while I doubt a plain European Rabbit would really survive for too long. Rabbits aren't typically fighters themselves, more often opting to flee than to fight off predators, so the rabbit has a bit of an experience disadvantage there. Their main method of protecting their nests is to wander off from them, so it really doesn't get any points for maternal aggression there.

Looking at their speed, well, rabbits have a speed of 35 miles per hour. Fennec foxes can go up to 20 miles per hour according to the San Diego Zoo. Rabbits have a speed advantage there. Thing is, Fennec Foxes are pretty agile.:

"But according to nomads, the fennec fox is fast and changes directions so that even their Salukis are hardly able to capture it." ~Wikipedia

Fennec foxes gave a specific breed of greyhound a hard time catching them. Of course I've seen rabbits do more or less the same thing, so rabbits are about even with fennec foxes in terms of agility.

The wiki claims that Fennec Foxes ate rabbits, but I checked on both Wikipedia and the San Diego Zoo and both sources tell me that those claims are unreliable, so yeah.

I think this is an Incon myself. I find it hard to reliably assess their capability of taking each other down despite the information I've gathered.

For these that says that the rabbits can just kick the fox, they have enough robustness to survive to that.

Even if they don't hunt rabbits, they still hunts rodents, birds, lizards, and roots or even snakes. A stoat with a bite of 19.9 newtons can easily kill rabbits ten time of his size, and Fennec Fox has a bite of 39 newtons, which is almost the double of the stoat.

Even if we say that stoats hunt rabbits due to their instinct, fennec foxes are hunters too. Don't understimate them, I vote for the fox, through with some diffficulty due to size difference.

why do you want these two cute creatures to fight?

This is complex, while one has the ability to kill, the other is agile and hit hard but considering the "experience" I vote for fox

Hmmm... in fights there's 2 things to consider, the advantages & in character acts of each opponent.

The rabbit has the weight, size, speed, stamina & slight durability advantage while the fox has the intelligence, agility, & bite force advantage.

The rabbit has the quantity advantage while the fox has quality advantage. The rabbit is going to be very quick & hard to catch but the fox has experience hunting rabbits. The latter is more active at night & hunts for prey in the sand.
For these that says that the rabbits can just kick the fox, they have enough robustness to survive to that.

Even if they don't hunt rabbits, they still hunts rodents, birds, lizards, and roots or even snakes. A stoat with a bite of 19.9 newtons can easily kill rabbits ten time of his size, and Fennec Fox has a bite of 39 newtons, which is almost the double of the stoat.

Even if we say that stoats hunt rabbits due to their instinct, fennec foxes are hunters too. Don't understimate them, I vote for the fox, through with some diffficulty due to size difference.
Hmmm... the rabbit would have to get close but the fox has agility & durability to survive Rabbit attacks & bite them. I'm not sure if the fox is experienced in fighting rabbits like this in this match, but they're agile enough to evade dogs.

Fox FRA

Back