• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When Creators Cry: Answer Arcs (Yes, it's a downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
" A shoddy half assed poorly downgrade" that nobody can contradict, Ultima is knowlowedge member and Yuri too. Why i should not disrgrad a wank that nobody can prove it? For all sake you litteraly accept "doens't have en ending point" as being enough for a jump from 1-A to tier 0
DarkLK, Azathoth, and Ovy7 are the most knowledgeable members, and it has taken many years with long discussions to get the tiers properly researched. We cannot have some members that barely know the series try to rush a downgrade just because they feel like it, with nobody competent enough to even properly apply it.

I would much prefer to close this thread for the time being, as I do not have the time available to continue arguing against increasing hostility and unreasonability. Ultima can respond later if he wishes.

Anyway, just to clarify, if Ultima is willing to try to figure out a workable way to apply what he thinks is reasonable (preferably together with Ovy7), it is still possible that we can apply parts of this revision.

Also, I apologise if I caused a problematic situation. I did not see any other way to solve it given what it looked like and how little time I have available.

I just don't want us to rush and clumsily severely mess up something that it has taken many years to build. That is all.

Okay. It is very important that you, @Ultima_Reality, and @Ovy7 collaborate to properly apply the new revision though. It cannot be a rushed half-measure.

Okay. It is very important that you, @Ultima_Reality, and @Ovy7 collaborate to properly apply the new revision though. It cannot be a rushed half-measure.
Does Ovy7 want to participate tho?

Besides, Idk why some people started acting as if most things weren't already mostly accepted.

Everyone agreed on Creators, Ultima is neutral on tiering (but not really against it), and the main points that needed discussions were how to treat "Third Domain" and if the concepts witches were linked to had to be linked to their persona or waranted their own key.

If anything, closing the thread was the most rushed thing there; given how Ultima didn't get to say a word between the idea of closing it and the actual closure.

As a side note, I'm not "really" back. Like, I'm just finishing this thread, and I'll occasionally give a small opinion on threads or answers Q&A n stuff to help dudes.

Mainly here because some headcanons are used outside vs debatting with this wiki as source and this world is way too small to just ignore those with another opinion.

Does Ovy7 want to participate tho?

Besides, Idk why some people started acting as if most things weren't already mostly accepted.

Everyone agreed on Creators, Ultima is neutral on tiering (but not really against it), and the main points that needed discussions were how to treat "Third Domain" and if the concepts witches were linked to had to be linked to their persona or waranted their own key.

If anything, closing the thread was the most rushed thing there; given how Ultima didn't get to say a word between the idea of closing it and the actual closure.
Given for how very long I had to wait for Umineko to get in proper order (several years), and given how thorough the previous revision was, I was worried about that this would turn into a poorly executed rush-job without any of you three here to properly direct it.

Well, I kind of understand your worry on that part, although the accepted parts could have been applied still.

Anyway, to summarise how the thread was left since last time:

-Creators stuff is an unanimous agreement (there's some neutrals, but no actual disagreement)
-Most people agree with the tiering part, with Ultima being neutral but not especially against it
-How do we treat "Third Domain" is still up to debate.
-Witches drawing power from concepts, being said concepts or having some in-between link between them is still up to debate. There's no real bad arguments on both sides as far as I saw, but it's not like two answers can work here.

Don't hesitate to correct me if I forgot anything.

I think them drawing power from concepts or whatever is fine, but I disagree with the assumption that said concepts somehow encompass the entire ladder by default

I think them drawing power from concepts or whatever is fine, but I disagree with the assumption that said concepts somehow encompass the entire ladder by default
Well, they would at least go up to the City of Book.

The main point of contention is more whether they just draw power from them in a Konosuba-like way or if they are the concept itself.

Well, I kind of understand your worry on that part, although the accepted parts could have been applied still.

-Creators stuff is an unanimous agreement (there's some neutrals, but no actual disagreement)
-Most people agree with the tiering part, with Ultima being neutral but not especially against it
-Witches drawing power from concepts, being said concepts or having some in-between link between them is still up to debate. There's no real bad arguments on both sides as far as I saw, but it's not like two answers can work here.

@Ovy7 @Ultima_Reality

I would greatly appreciate your input regarding this.

@Promestein @Elizhaa @Udlmaster

Your help would also be very appreciated with evaluating this.

So.

It happens that Ultima and I both kinda prefer this thread with an actual conclusion, so we're re-opening it.

Basically just going to continue the debates stuff rather than stopping at whatever this forced closure was.
0d4.jpg

So.

It happens that Ultima and I both kinda prefer this thread with an actual conclusion, so we're re-opening it.

Basically just going to continue the debates stuff rather than stopping at whatever this forced closure was.
Les goooooooo

Then the thread would have been closed a while ago tbh. There are more disagreeing votes than agreeing ones. I think he himself even said that it needs discussion, not just random "I agree" or "I disagree" comments.
Well imo keeping track of them could have been beneficial still, but yes that's a valid point

Well imo keeping track of them could have been beneficial still, but yes that's a valid point
I do think that having the agree to disagree vote count thing would definitely make it easier to count stuff and just organizes things a little better. But it should be fine regardless. As long as the thread doesn't just get closed randomly

Why is this thread still so dead?
It obviously won't become a storm just because it reopened. Ultima still has ongoing threads as well.

Tho regarding votes listing I did a quick check and there's actually not that much disagreement diff between agreement and disagreement.

Although if someone want to discuss Creators or tiering they should start it themselves, since as far as it goes, Ultima and I really just disagree on a little Third Domain issue and witches concepts thing, with the latter likely not being too far of its end once I check some stuff.

Although if someone want to discuss Creators or tiering they should start it themselves, since as far as it goes, Ultima and I really just disagree on a little Third Domain issue and witches concepts thing, with the latter likely not being too far of its end once I check some stuff.
Oh, nvm then.

As a side note, I'm not "really" back. Like, I'm just finishing this thread, and I'll occasionally give a small opinion on threads or answers Q&A n stuff to help dudes.

Mainly here because some headcanons are used outside vs debatting with this wiki as source and this world is way too small to just ignore those with another opinion.
How about the universe CRT you did? Are you not going to work on that also?

How about the universe CRT you did? Are you not going to work on that also?
Eeeeh, I could and it would surely improve the quality of the standards.

But then a lot of people either misunderstood the thread, or ended up discussing unrelated ideas which were as far as possible from the main goal (there was like, only one clear agreement and disagreement) so it would mean making another one? Not like thr standards will ever be perfect so idk.

Eeeeh, I could and it would surely improve the quality of the standards.

But then a lot of people either misunderstood the thread, or ended up discussing unrelated ideas which were as far as possible from the main goal (there was like, only one clear agreement and disagreement) so it would mean making another one? Not like thr standards will ever be perfect so idk.
Okay, I understand but I was looking forward it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back