• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What type is Kamen Rider OOO conceptual manip?

In the show, these medals can come from species of animals and the purple medals were stated to come from the void iirc. Ankh, in the movies, was able to take the Imagin Medal out of Momotaros and was even able to take the Shocker Medal, which probably be like an idea or a name since Shocker's an organization. I don't know what type that'll be though.

Type 3, its rellies on an aspect of the Universe. Type 2 requires that they be Transcendent of the Multiverse and would be able to continue on even if all of existence was erased, it also requires quite a bit of proof which the Medals lack.

Here's what I gather...
Core Medals, the source of concept manip in OOO, are basically desires given form as coins, to harness its power.
So they are a part of the bigger "desire" concept. But is not the entire concept of "desire" itself.
So yeah, being real powers and not mere thoughts point at Type 3 more than 4, but I am not sure about the "universal" thing.

Is the coin itself really the source of the concept or merely the physical representation?

According to the Conceptual Manipulation (type 3) page, "In this way, an abstract Aristotelian Concept can be destroyed by destroying all objects of the concept, restored by re-making an object of a previously existent concept, or changed by changing all objects of the concept across reality. This, however, does not qualify for this form of conceptual manipulation, and is rather treated as a byproduct of another action akin to a "domino effect"."

If Kamen Rider OOO can only destroy the coin rather than the "concept/abstraction" inside, I don't think that qualify for Conceptual Manipulation at all.

I'm not an expert on this though, I'll try to call someone knowledgeable later.

"Core medals powers are desires, and all desires will be invalidated by our powers"
-Petra Yummy-

Cant find the episode for now since i'm currently on phone.
But what Petra said is Putotyra's void powers affect the abstract desires directly when come contact with them.

Worth to note that the Core Medals cant be destroyed even by Space-Time manipulation, only when get smacked by OOO's void manip that they could be destroyed.

So yeah, OOO's type 3 concept manip is still legit

Is the coin itself really the source of the concept or merely the physical representation?

According to the Conceptual Manipulation (type 3) page, "In this way, an abstract Aristotelian Concept can be destroyed by destroying all objects of the concept, restored by re-making an object of a previously existent concept, or changed by changing all objects of the concept across reality. This, however, does not qualify for this form of conceptual manipulation, and is rather treated as a byproduct of another action akin to a "domino effect"."

If Kamen Rider OOO can only destroy the coin rather than the "concept/abstraction" inside, I don't think that qualify for Conceptual Manipulation at all.

I'm not an expert on this though, I'll try to call someone knowledgeable later.
It's desires made into objects. So just a physical representation.. He already voided several Core Medals. But the concept of desires is still fine.

Correction: It's the concept that being materialized into existence. As demonstrated by Ankh who pulled out a Core Medal from Momotaros even though he isn't a Greeed (9:30). The Core Medals itself are indestructible against conventional damage including attack that could slash through space-time. So far, only Kamen Rider OOO is the only one who can destroy them completely.

While indeed that most Core Medals are powered by abstract desires that keep them going, the very concept that its represent take many forms such as void/nothingness, entire organisation (SHOCKER, Foundation X), masked heroes (Amazon, Stronger) and so on.

Back