• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tiers do you personally oppose?

Rwby being low 7-B for anyone but maidens and any speed above High Hypersonic. 5 characters plus a maiden got dogged on by low 7-B Cinder. Neo can fight on par with that Ruby and like a month earlier she crapped her pants upon seeing Cinder threaten her with the maiden powers. Winter needed cybernetics after Cinder kicked her butt so badly and Penny needed to get the maiden powers or they would have lost.

DC at the very least should be High 1-B, imho.
I absolutely am annoyed DC (high god tiers) are somehow not 1-A there is just no way. I definitely agree there is like 3 people who think it shouldn’t be and unfortunately they are the ones with the most say right now. Though I will say sorry to those people, don’t mean that in any personal way.

Base sonic being tier 5 to tier 4. And super sonic being above low 2-C.
Marvel characters like Thor being High 1-A
Also, things like Base Modern Adventure-Era Sonic being Low 2-C and Base Thor being High 1-A just doesn't make sense to me. I think it's like saying Sonic in his base can beat almost any transformation he has and Thor is able to defeat The-One-Above-All without a certain amp.

I think Thor’s ap just needs a more clear justification. I don’t even know why any Marvel character is High 1-A the scaling seems to be circular right not and just ill explained on the profiles.

Lemme talk about 9-B, AKA Wall level.

It's the most populated Sub Tier on the wiki at ~5,600 profiles- comparable to the 2nd and 3rd most popular tiers combined (9-A + 9-C = ~6,100)- and symbolically it represents the transition between things that are biologically possible for animals, and stuff that can only be done in fiction. Even the mighty Blue Whale only manages to get into Wall level+.

This position of being the transition zone between natural and supernatural can be seen in the Attack Potency page, in the column of [Energy in Conventional Terms]. The ends for Wall level (15 KJ and 5 Kg of TNT) are where it goes from measuring in joules to TNT as the unit of energy; in other words, once you're past 9-B and into 9-A, it's more appropriate to compare you to an explosive device than any biomechanical system.

However, this bridging-the-gap status of Wall level is a double edged sword that is detrimental to the very purpose of tiering. And by that I mean: Wall level is way too damn big, such so that it's genuinely unhelpful as a Sub-Tier.

The whole point of Tiers and Sub-Tiers being tagged is to make finding fair matchups between characters easier, but with a high to low end gap of nearly fourteen-hundred, Wall level puts folk who can throw people across the room in the same basket as folk who can launch vehicles hundreds of meters into the air! It would be less absurd to put Mike Tyson in the same weight class as a literal child!

Obviously, it's way too late to go back and split Wall level in two and make a new Sub Tier, so the Wiki's just stuck with it now, but that's not gonna stop me from complaining about it.
lowkey I find it wild the gap for wall level is bigger than the gap for galaxy level

If there's one thing I'm against, it's DC being 1-C and several Marvel characters like Thor being High 1-A
DC at the very least should be High 1-B, imho.
I absolutely am annoyed DC (high god tiers) are somehow not 1-A there is just no way. I definitely agree there is like 3 people who think it shouldn’t be and unfortunately they are the ones with the most say right now. Though I will say sorry to those people, don’t mean that in any personal way.
Marvel's High 1-A is unquestionably deserved based on the evidence provided. You're in luck, though - DC will be 1-A once the new tiering system revision is applied, so I hope you can drop your outdated complaining.

The way you phrased that is a bit rude considering they still aren’t 1-A and this is a thread meant to vent about things. Though I will be glad to see them be 1-A again.

“Marvel's High 1-A is unquestionably deserved based on the evidence provided.”
I just said I wish the profiles were clearer as to why. Not that they aren’t.

The way you phrased that is a bit rude considering they still aren’t 1-A and this is a thread meant to vent about things. Though I will be glad to see them be 1-A again.

“Marvel's High 1-A is unquestionably deserved based on the evidence provided.”
I just said I wish the profiles were clearer as to why. Not that they aren’t.
he's always like that even in the commoners thread
With good reason. Battleboarding takes a toll on one's mood if you dig too deep.

Okay that blog is a good read. Then I’ll clarify myself then. I meant on the profiles I wish it made it clearer. I’ve looked at the profiles dozens of times and never found that blog so I wish that would be more clearly linked Eternity’s profiles and others that are super major for scaling. Edit: actually I did say profiles the first time, then yeah I wish those in particularly were more clear.

Marvel's High 1-A is unquestionably deserved based on the evidence provided. You're in luck, though - DC will be 1-A once the new tiering system revision is applied, so I hope you can drop your outdated complaining.
Now, why did you have to go replying to me like that? I was only sharing my opinions, not complaining.
With good reason. Battleboarding takes a toll on one's mood if you dig too deep.
Btw, that is NOT a good reason.

Last edited:
Damn im still getting likes and quotes for a comment i made 3 years ago? I havent even been here.
Anyway while i mostly dont care much about scaling anymore (though likely still would stand by most of my comment if i did).
To give a controversial opinion that i dont have the energy to lengthy debate, i think the whole difference between reality and fiction is nonsense, unquantifiable and largely made up and often just straight up taken out of context most of the time.

I also dont agree with infinitely superior dimensions unless they are literally explicitly spatial and give infinitely more mass as a result.

I dont agree with creation feats 9 times out of 10 as they are unreliable as hell and fiction normally doesnt ever treat it as ap. Or feats that are done via moving an object with telekinesis or some magic force unless someone resists it directly.

I dont think destroying time has any evidence of being some infinitely higher power. It can be warped and bent by 3D objects in our own universe alongside space, and destroying time isnt much different from destroying space nor does it have infinite superiority as opposed to just being a new geometry added on (and is not a spatial dimension the same way 3d is to 2d).
Destroying time would give you ap on the scale that it was destroyed as well as 4D interactivity and nothing more.

If i were forced to create a tiering system, i would have infinite power by any means be the next tier from 3-A. Tier 2 stuff would cover destroying multiple infinitely sized or distanced universes to an infinite amount. Then everything from there can just be stacking infinities and all that other nonsense your favorite character gets to from wanking them hard enough because you couldnt find a better reason to justify liking them.

Also trying to scale gag characters like spongebob, looney tunes etc is an even bigger waste of time than scaling normal fiction and thats saying a lot.

So yeah characters that get higher under all that would be listed. As well as any character thats crazy high because the wiki forgot what an outlier was.

Also trying to scale gag characters like spongebob, looney tunes etc is an even bigger waste of time than scaling normal fiction and thats saying a lot.
Nah because emphatically stating that the big leagues of (insert topical shonen battle series here) get spited by a wascally wabbit is fun actually, and having fun is the point of any hobby including one as dumb as internet playground arguments
260937.jpg

Must be a pain to realise that DBH is now Low 1-C and Super Goku does have reasonable Multiversal propositions.

I'm pro 5D DBH💀
The antithesis to "what tier do u personally have ur favorite characters/verses at?" -- rather than stating what tiers you personally rank your favorite characters as, this thread is for listing off the tiers that you are opposed to seeing. This doesn't have to be the tier they are at on the Wiki. They can be just anything you see people bring up.

For example, I am vehemently opposed to Super Goku being Multiversal like everybody claims he is, and I am against Low 1-C and Immeasurable Heroes.

You cool as shit but every time I see you speak I want to duel you to the death cause did you not read the OP at all?

Back