• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tier is this tsunami feat?

Bossbrosish

He/Him
So I have character who turns a large tsunami into steam with a fire blast and I'm curious to see what results this would yield. Using the 1946 lituya mega tsunami as reference as is the biggest tsunami ever recorded. The fire blast would be the around 100 feet in the shape of a ball, if this helps at all.

Well, you'll have to figure this all out by yourself

Here's how you do it though
1. You need the mass of how much water we're dealing with. 10kg of water, 1000? You gotta find that out with research, I don't know how much water a tsunami contains
2. You need the vaporization energy and specific heat of water. Every degree the temperature increases, there is a certain value in Joules for it (I think it's 1040 Joules per degree idk u figure it out). Then you'll need the vaporization energy, as that's how much energy you need in Joules to transform water into steam.

So say 10kg of water.
You need to heat it up to be boiling temperature, let's say that's takes 80 degrees from (whatever the starting temperature is). That would be 80 degrees x some amount of Joules, per each kilogram.

Then let's say it takes 1000 Joules to transform water to steam. Multiply 1000 by the amount of kilograms of water.

Add those two results and you get your answer

Back