• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tier is this? (Creation and destruction of a tiny neutron star)

Okay so, there is a feat I have been trying to figure out what tier it might be at. But since I am not all that familiar with calcs, I figured it'd be best to ask you guys, rather than rely on my (probably wrong) result of 5-A.

Anyway, character A creates a pulsar with a diameter of 1m. Character B destroys this pulsar in two hits. What tier does these two characters land on?

Last edited:
Sure! A Neutron star has a density of 10^17 kg per m^3.

If the diameter of the ball is 1 meter, we can plug that into a volume formula for a sphere, which comes out to 0.52 m^3, or 5.2 x 10^16 kg.

Now in order to calculate an object's gravitational binding energy, we need to use the equation U=3Gm^2/5r

U (Gravitational binding energy)

M (Mass)

R (Radius)

G (Newtonian Gravitational Constant)

Plugging our mass of 5.2 x 10^16 kg and radius of 0.5 meters, the Gravitational Binding Energy of this star is 8.009 x 10^23 joules.

This is about 239005.7361376672925 Gigatons of tnt, continuing on the scale though this ends up being 239.005736138 Teratons of tnt or large country level (High 6-b)

What universe is this? I'm intrigued.

(Edit; Also, it would still be High 6-B, but I forgot to divide the energy by two, which comes out to be 119.502868069 Teratons of tnt.)

Sure! A Neutron star has a density of 10^17 kg per m^3.

If the diameter of the ball is 1 meter, we can plug that into a volume formula for a sphere, which comes out to 0.52 m^3, or 5.2 x 10^16 kg.

Now in order to calculate an object's gravitational binding energy, we need to use the equation U=3Gm^2/5r

U (Gravitational binding energy)

M (Mass)

R (Radius)

G (Newtonian Gravitational Constant)

Plugging our mass of 5.2 x 10^16 kg and radius of 0.5 meters, the Gravitational Binding Energy of this star is 8.009 x 10^23 joules.

This is about 239005.7361376672925 Gigatons of tnt, continuing on the scale though this ends up being 239.005736138 Teratons of tnt or large country level (High 6-b)

What universe is this? I'm intrigued.

(Edit; Also, it would still be High 6-B, but I forgot to divide the energy by two, which comes out to be 119.502868069 Teratons of tnt.)
Believe it or not, Runescape.

A boss uses neutron stars to fight. Not sure if they'd count as actual neutron stars by this wiki's standards though, since the game engine lacks a way to display the destructive power, and even the ones specified to be pulsars lack the gamma ray jets. However, the examine description does state that they are, in fact, extremely dense (An extremely dense, and seemingly unstable, collection of matter. Don't get too close!), and they do massive damage by being close to the player character.

The two hit destruction comes from the pulsars having 20,000 Life Points, and the World Guardian being able to do up to 12,000 damage in a single hit.

Anyway, thanks for the calc!

Last edited:
Wow...

That was unexpected. The only issue with this calculation being approved is that you're using damage/hitpoints to determine attack potency, but in this case, I think it will be fine. I'm not a mod though, so you might want to make a blog about it.

Wow...

That was unexpected. The only issue with this calculation being approved is that you're using damage/hitpoints to determine attack potency, but in this case, I think it will be fine. I'm not a mod though, so you might want to make a blog about it.
Oh, I have MUCH more to look into before I do a blog. This boss is just gonna be my baseline for the Elite Dungeon bosses. Now I need to figure out what each and every one of them can do, hax-wise.

Anyway, what alternatives could I look into other than hitpoints/damage?

Last edited:
Well just destroying the Nuetron Star in 2 hits should be fine, you just won't be able to proportion it out to find that 1 damage is 30 joules, and then apply that to other characters. If you want to use this feat to scale the verse, then you would have to make broad statements like "At least High 6B, likely higher (Took hits from Character A who could destroy a Neutron Star this big).

Got it. Should be fine for this, then.

EDIT: One last question. The creation of the Neutron Star is 239 Teratons, then?

Last edited:
Back