• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What shape should I use to find the area here?

I’m new to calcs and still a novice at this and itrying to calculate an atmosphere split feat and I’m not sure what should be the shape I use to find the area

Scan in question btw
I thought it should be a spherical spindle but realized the trail end tip isn’t shown on panel
So I have three options

Treat it as a rectangle(This almost doubles the results in practice)

Consider it a triangle and calculate under the assumption it ends at the point it goes off panel

Or assume it’s an isosceles triangle and that the bottom two angles are equal(since we can’t see the other side of the split’s corner due to light)

Hello. The feat in question looks like an explosion or an shockwave. Either way, I recomment you to use the explosion formula.

Y = ((x/0.28)^3)/1000 with Y in megatons of TNT and x the radius in km.

That's for explosion that happens in mid-air. If it's on ground level, use this one below.

W = R^3*((27136*P+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2, where W is the yield in tons of TNT, R is the radius in meters, and P is the shockwave pressure in bars, where we generally use 1.37895 bars or 20 psi of pressure.

Hello. The feat in question looks like an explosion or an shockwave. Either way, I recomment you to use the explosion formula.

Y = ((x/0.28)^3)/1000 with Y in megatons of TNT and x the radius in km.

That's for explosion that happens in mid-air. If it's on ground level, use this one below.

W = R^3*((27136*P+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2, where W is the yield in tons of TNT, R is the radius in meters, and P is the shockwave pressure in bars, where we generally use 1.37895 bars or 20 psi of pressure.
I thought I would have to use Kinetic Energy to see how far and fast the clouds were split
But if I can use the Explosion formula that makes calculating it a lot simpler
Thanks

Back