• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What pokemon typing would your favorite character have?

I'm interested in this thread, but I don't think I need to answer the question.
It gets Reflect Type & Transform by Level-Up, among other moves, so it's not actually that clear cut, though.

I was gonna say wouldn’t psychic be light, but then I realized Psychic is already a thing in SMT

Captain would probably be something like Normal/Fighting due to being a normal dude and a soldier
if being in a tank would change his type it would be Steel and possibly Fire for making explosions?

Demi-Fiend is Dark/Fighting

Good thing he has Masakados to protect against Light (Fairy), eh?
I was gonna say wouldn’t psychic be light, but then I realized Psychic is already a thing in SMT
Many moves of different types use Light in Pokemon. Flash (Normal), Solarbeam (Grass), Flash Cannon (Steel), Doom Desire (Steel), Luster Purge (Psychic), Power Gem (Rock), Dazzling Gleam (Fairy)....

Many moves of different types use Light in Pokemon. Flash (Normal), Solarbeam (Grass), Flash Cannon (Steel), Doom Desire (Steel), Luster Purge (Psychic), Power Gem (Rock), Dazzling Gleam (Fairy)....
that would be a struggle how to combine with Masakados

Yeah but in this context, light would be holy stuff I guess and the closest adjacent would probably be fairy(?)

now I’m kinda wondering what Nuclear would be in Pokémon trying to translate it over

Yeah but in this context, light would be holy stuff I guess and the closest adjacent would probably be fairy(?)

now I’m kinda wondering what Nuclear would be in Pokémon trying to translate it over
Energy given off by matter in the form of tiny fast-moving particles (alpha particles, beta particles, and neutrons) or pulsating electromagnetic rays or waves (gamma rays) emitted from the nuclei of unstable radioactive atoms. (I'd read the whole page. It's pretty short.)

Radiation can arise from human activities or from natural sources. Most radiation exposure is from natural sources. These include: radioactivity in rocks and soil of the Earth's crust; radon, a radioactive gas given out by many volcanic rocks and uranium ore; and cosmic radiation.

Lots of things can be radioactive. Elements, rocks, gas, & infamously, bananas. But they aren't the only radioactive food.

"Bananas are slightly radioactive because they contain potassium and potassium decays. Potassium is a necessary substance for healthy operation of your body. You would have to eat a LOT of bananas just to compete with the natural potassium dose of your body.
Other 'radioactive' potassium-rich foods include spinach, white beans, apricots, salmon, avocados, mushrooms, and yogurt.
No one ever developed radiation sickness from eating bananas. Yes, bananas are radioactive, but so are you.
Yes, you will certainly die from radiation poisoning if you are able to eat 10,000,000 bananas at once. You may also witness chronic symptoms if you eat 274 bananas a day for seven years."

If I understand right, radioactivity is excess atomic energy, released as positive & negative forces work towards a balance. Unstable radioactive nuclei may emit energy, which is called nuclear radiation. All nuclear radiation is also ionizing radiation, but the reverse isn't always true; X-Rays are a type of ionizing radiation, bu aren't nuclear radiation, because x-rays don't come from atomic nuclei.

Radioactivity does have poison-like effects, because it causes diseases/sickness. AFAIK, it's mostly high-energy radiation damaging or destroying vulnerable, yet important cells. Disassembling or separating ions/atoms, weakening & breaking up DNA, causing death or cancer.
To make a comparison, a building can fall apart in a variety of ways, depending on which bricks you pull out, & where new materials are added. Cancer works similarly, & that's why it's so difficult to cure: It's diverse. Cancer develops when the body's normal control mechanism stops working. Old cells do not die and instead grow out of control, forming new, abnormal cells. These extra cells may form a mass of tissue, called a tumor.

This is why radiation can also be used to TREAT cancer; It isn't the radiation itself that kills you, but the cancer, & cancer is just a bunch of mutated cells that should have been killed by your body already, or are growing in a wrong way. Radiation is energy that, among other things, can disassemble cells, & by harnessing & targeting it, it can take apart problematic cells instead of breaking cells & causing problems.

So in theory, radiation IS like Poison, but the radiation isn't what's harming you; It just so happens this high energy damages/destroys cells/DNA/atoms, causing cells to grow in wrong ways instead of being killed by the body. This improper growth caused by what radiation removes or displaces is the actual cancer, & since cancer is the cells growing wrong, which radiation can take apart, radiation can both cure & cause cancer.

So it might be a bit inaccurate to call radiation Poison-type, even if the effects it leads to are similar.

& on a more precise level, it's just excess atomic energy released by atomic particles trying to achieve balance between positive & negative forces.

Thus, radiation might be closer to Electric-type. Not all ionizing radiation (Like X-Rays) is nuclear radiation, but all nuclear radiation IS ionizing radiation.
Ion Deluge (Original Japanese name being the English phrase "Plasma Shower" spelled in phonetic Japanese.) is described as "The user disperses electrically charged particles, which changes Normal-type moves to Electric-type moves."

Similarly, Luxray is an Electric-type Pokemon stated in the Pokedex to use x-rays to keep an eye on its children.
Interestingly, Eevee has, among other Pokedex entries:

"An EEVEE has an unstable genetic makeup that suddenly mutates due to its environment. Radiation from various STONES causes this POKéMON to evolve."

Perhaps these stones cause other Pokemon to evolve when exposed to them for different reasons, but that the stones radiate at all, & in a way that can apparently affect genetic code, makes it questionable how dangerous radiation is, especially to some Pokemon.
Or maybe they're of less harmful types of radiation?
There are four major types of radiation: alpha, beta, neutrons, and electromagnetic waves such as gamma rays. They differ in mass, energy and how deeply they penetrate people and objects.

Lastly, if we were to go by source, radiation comes from atomic particles, but even above the atomic scale, it comes from a lot of things.
"Radiation is natural and found everywhere – it comes from outer space, the air we breathe, and the earth we tread. It's even in our bodies; naturally occurring radioactive elements in our bones irradiate us on average 5000 times per second."
AFAIK, general radiation is in minerals, air, dirt, plants, heat, etc. But most nuclear radiation is in rocks, soil, & some minerals/metals/elements.
So it could be Rock or Steel-type!

But Electric-type seems to go closest to the atomic phenomenons associated with nuclear radiation.

Pardon all my words, please.

Last edited:
Energy given off by matter in the form of tiny fast-moving particles (alpha particles, beta particles, and neutrons) or pulsating electromagnetic rays or waves (gamma rays) emitted from the nuclei of unstable radioactive atoms. (I'd read the whole page. It's pretty short.)

Radiation can arise from human activities or from natural sources. Most radiation exposure is from natural sources. These include: radioactivity in rocks and soil of the Earth's crust; radon, a radioactive gas given out by many volcanic rocks and uranium ore; and cosmic radiation.

Lots of things can be radioactive. Elements, rocks, gas, & infamously, bananas. But they aren't the only radioactive food.

"Bananas are slightly radioactive because they contain potassium and potassium decays. Potassium is a necessary substance for healthy operation of your body. You would have to eat a LOT of bananas just to compete with the natural potassium dose of your body.
Other 'radioactive' potassium-rich foods include spinach, white beans, apricots, salmon, avocados, mushrooms, and yogurt.
No one ever developed radiation sickness from eating bananas. Yes, bananas are radioactive, but so are you.
Yes, you will certainly die from radiation poisoning if you are able to eat 10,000,000 bananas at once. You may also witness chronic symptoms if you eat 274 bananas a day for seven years."

If I understand right, radioactivity is excess atomic energy, released as positive & negative forces work towards a balance. Unstable radioactive nuclei may emit energy, which is called nuclear radiation. All nuclear radiation is also ionizing radiation, but the reverse isn't always true; X-Rays are a type of ionizing radiation, bu aren't nuclear radiation, because x-rays don't come from atomic nuclei.

Radioactivity does have poison-like effects, because it causes diseases/sickness. AFAIK, it's mostly high-energy radiation damaging or destroying vulnerable, yet important cells. Disassembling or separating ions/atoms, weakening & breaking up DNA, causing death or cancer.
To make a comparison, a building can fall apart in a variety of ways, depending on which bricks you pull out, & where new materials are added. Cancer works similarly, & that's why it's so difficult to cure: It's diverse. Cancer develops when the body's normal control mechanism stops working. Old cells do not die and instead grow out of control, forming new, abnormal cells. These extra cells may form a mass of tissue, called a tumor.

This is why radiation can also be used to TREAT cancer; It isn't the radiation itself that kills you, but the cancer, & cancer is just a bunch of mutated cells that should have been killed by your body already, or are growing in a wrong way. Radiation is energy that, among other things, can disassemble cells, & by harnessing & targeting it, it can take apart problematic cells instead of breaking cells & causing problems.

So in theory, radiation IS like Poison, but the radiation isn't what's harming you; It just so happens this high energy damages/destroys cells/DNA/atoms, causing cells to grow in wrong way instead of being killed by the body. This improper growth caused by what radiation removes or displaces is the actual cancer. & since cancer is the cells growing wrong, which radiation can take apart, radiation can both cure & cause cancer.

So it might be a bit inaccurate to call radiation Poison-type, even if the effects it leads to are similar.

& on a more precise level, it's just excess atomic energy released by atomic particles trying to achieve balance between positive & negative forces.

Thus, radiation might be closer to Electric-type. Not all ionizing radiation (Like X-Rays) is nuclear radiation, but all nuclear radiation IS ionizing radiation.
Ion Deluge (Original Japanese name being the English phrase "Plasma Shower" spelled in phonetic Japanese.) is described as "The user disperses electrically charged particles, which changes Normal-type moves to Electric-type moves."

Similarly, Luxray is an Electric-type Pokemon stated in the Pokedex to use x-rays to keep an eye on its children.

"An EEVEE has an unstable genetic makeup that suddenly mutates due to its environment. Radiation from various STONES causes this POKéMON to evolve."

Perhaps these stones cause other Pokemon to evolve when exposed to them for different reasons, but that the stones radiate all, & in a way that can apparently affect genetic code, makes it questionable how dangerous radiation is, especially to some Pokemon.
There are four major types of radiation: alpha, beta, neutrons, and electromagnetic waves such as gamma rays. They differ in mass, energy and how deeply they penetrate people and objects.

Lastly, if we were to go by source, radiation comes from atomic particles, but even above the atomic scale, it comes from a lot of things.
"Radiation is natural and found everywhere – it comes from outer space, the air we breathe, and the earth we tread. It's even in our bodies; naturally occurring radioactive elements in our bones irradiate us on average 5000 times per second."
AFAIK, general radiation is in minerals, air, dirt, plants, heat, etc. But most nuclear radiation is in rocks, soil, & some minerals/metals/elements.

But Electric-type seems to go closest to the atomic phenomenons associated with nuclear radiation.

you put a lot of thought into this huh?

you put a lot of thought into this huh?
I did have to do a fair bit of Googling, reading & typing, but it feels like "What type would radiation be in Pokemon?" seems like it would be a fairly common question, so I think it's worth it to do so much.
Hope you don't think less of me for thinking so much about it, lol.

I did have to do a fair bit of Googling, reading & typing, but it feels like "What type would radiation be in Pokemon?" seems like it would be a fairly common question, so I think it's worth it to do so much.
Hope you don't think less of me for thinking so much about it, lol.
i don't no worries here

So in theory, radiation IS like Poison, but the radiation isn't what's harming you; It just so happens this high energy damages/destroys cells/DNA/atoms, causing cells to grow in wrong way instead of being killed by the body. This improper growth caused by what radiation removes or displaces is the actual cancer, & since cancer is the cells growing wrong, which radiation can take apart, radiation can both cure & cause cancer.

Perhaps these stones cause other Pokemon to evolve when exposed to them for different reasons, but that the stones radiate at all, & in a way that can apparently affect genetic code, makes it questionable how dangerous radiation is, especially to some Pokemon.

You deserve a medal my friend for all this research

I’ll add some black clover character:

Asta (alone): normal/fighting (the only human without magic and is incredibly strong)

Liebe (alone): dark and maybe steel (anti magic is definitely a dark power and maybe steel because of the swords)

Asta and Liebe together: probably dark/fighting

a few more characters

Flynn - Psychic/Fighting, because he's a samurai that uses magic

Takato Matsuki - lol

Baki- Fighting, duh

You know what I’m bored so I’m going to go through and finish the rest of the black bulls.

Yami: dark(duh)/maybe steel for the sword
Nacht: dark(shadows generally fall under dark
Noelle: Water. Water/Fairy with saint stage
Luck: electric/maybe fighting due to his personality
Magna:fire
Finral: I guess spatial magic would fall under psychic
Vanessa:? Maybe psychic for fate manip but no clue what thread magic would be classified as
Gauche:? Don’t know what mirrors would be.
Grey: psychic for “transformation” magic
Gordon: poison(finally another easy one)
Henry: Psychic/rock due to the bulls base being mostly stone.
Nero:? No clue what sealing magic would be. Maybe dark due to her use of forbidden magic.
Charmy: grass(?) for Cotten. no clue for food magic
Zora: what would ash magic be considered?

Last edited:
i thought about it

wouldn't all human characters be normal type, but instead have a wider variety of attacks (I.E. Flynn would have most moves in Pokemon available to him)

Darth Vader would be a Dark/Steel Type, don't think I need to explain why.

Obito Uchiha would probably be a Dark/Grass Type due to his Hashirama Implants and because he's a Ninja, but Jūbito would be Dark/Fairy because the closest thing to the Jūbi in Pokemon is Xerneas and it's a Fairy Type and Dark because he's still a Ninja plus he was Evil at the time, so....

Mordred/Saber of Red is either a Ghost/Steel Type or a Fighting/Steel Type.

Ryūko Matoi is definitely Steel/Fighting, no question here.

Kakashi Hatake is a Dark/Electric Type. Lightning Spamming Shinobi is self explanatory.

The Meta is a Steel/Fighting Type since he's literally armored up to the brim and he fights in H2H all the time, not to mention that most Pokemon that manipulate Time have something to do with Steel Type.

Agent Texas is one of four things, Ghost/Electric, Dark/Steel, Steel/Fighting or Ghost/Steel due to her essentially being an A.I. that acts like a Ghost in a Robotic Body that fights almost solely in H2H after the Blood Gulch Chronicles.

Cell is Bug/Fighting, self explanatory.

Iron Man is Flying/Steel, also self explanatory.

Spider-Man is Bug/Fighting, once again, self explanatory.

Would Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho technical be ice type since he was born to a ice spirit mother?
Does he demonstrate Ice-type properties? If so, I'm not sure why he wouldn't. IIRC, his usual shtick is harnessing the power of THE DRAGON OF THE DARKNESS FLAME. He resists Ice, but so do Fire-type Pokemon. Though, his Dragon of Darkness & Flame seems to be an exterior being he harnessed the power of, not something innate to him, even if he kinda makes its power his own later on.

Also, I'm not sure Sword=Steel type.
The Muskedeer Trio/Quartet from Gen 5 (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizon & Keldeo) all share a Fighting-type, despite being ungulates that use their horns like swords. Scyther uses blades, but isn't Steel-type, & Scizor is Steel because it's made of metal.
Galarian Farfetch'd & Sirfetch'd use their Leeks like swords, but are Fighting-type.

Honedge, Doublade, & Aegislash ARE Steel-types.... But they're also Ghost-types possessing a sword as at least part of their body.

& Secret Sword & Sacred Sword are Fighting-type moves. The former being Keldeo's signature move, & the latter being something the Muskedeers, Honedge's line, Zacian (Pokemon Sword's Fairy-type mascot/box Legendary), & the Ultra Beast, Kartana (A Grass/Steel type tiny paper/plant origami samurai.) can learn.

Though, Zacian (Fairy) & Zamazenta (Fighting) both gain the Steel-typing when in the forms given by the Rusted Sword & Rusted Shield, respectively, & the signature moves of these forms (Behemoth Blade & Behemoth Bash) are both Steel-types.

So maybe the types are just made to accomodate the Pokemon, lol. &/or I'm overthinking it.

Does he demonstrate Ice-type properties? If so, I'm not sure why he wouldn't. IIRC, his usual shtick is harnessing the power of THE DRAGON OF THE DARKNESS FLAME. He resists Ice, but so do Fire-type Pokemon. Though, his Dragon of Darkness & Flame seems to be an exterior being he harnessed the power of, not something innate to him, even if he kinda makes its power his own later on.

Also, I'm not sure Sword=Steel type.
The Muskedeer Trio/Quartet from Gen 5 (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizon & Keldeo) all share a Fighting-type, despite being ungulates that use their horns like swords. Scyther uses blades, but isn't Steel-type, & Scizor is Steel because it's made of metal.
Galarian Farfetch'd & Sirfetch'd use their Leeks like swords.

Honedge, Doublade, & Aegislash ARE Steel-types.... But they're also Ghost-types possessing a sword as at least part of their body.

& Secret Sword & Sacred Sword are Fighting-type moves. The former being Keldeo's signature move, & the latter being something the Muskedeers, Honedge's line, Zacian (Pokemon Sword's Fairy-type mascot/box Legendary), & the Ultra Beast, Kartana (A Grass/Steel type tiny paper/plant origami samurai.) can learn.

Though, Zacian (Fairy) & Zamazenta (Fighting) both gain the Steel-typing when in the forms given by the Rusted Sword & Rusted Shield, respectively, & the signature moves of these forms (Behemoth Blade & Behemoth Bash) are both Steel-types.

So maybe the types are just made to accomodate the Pokemon, lol. &/or I'm overthinking it.
Can't wait for when Pokemon reveals that Types are actually Type 1 Conceptual properties given to Pokemon lol

Aight i guess i exclude any pokemon.

-Godzilla: dragon... actually it depends on what godzilla.
•G earth dragon/steel
•G gmk dragon/ghost
•G final wars dragon/fighting
Most other Godzillas would be either dragon or dragon/fire

-Meta knight: steel/dark

-Kirby: normal (changes based on power up)

-Jotaro Kujo: dark (by himself) and psychic/fighting with Star Platinum

Jin Mori - Fighting and possibly Dark for being DEMON MONKE GOD or Ice because of his weird unexplained Ice kick
Ren Amamiya - Dark, it's his trademark element so yeah
Killua Zoldyck - Electric and Dark or Psychic? Depending on what you consider Ren/Nen Crush
Izuku Midoriya - Fighting and Flying or Dark, the former because of Fa Jin + Float + Air Force and the latter because of Blackwhip
Zenitsu Agatsuma - Electric and Steel, pretty self-explanatory
Dante (from the Devil May Cry Series) and Gilgamesh (from the Nasuverse) - Hard to say honestly, he has so many abilities with no particular signature.
Ghost of Hallownest/the Knight - Bug and Dark being "Born of God and Void" and all, or Bug and Ghost because of their obvious name and lore.
Giorno Giovanna - Hard to say as well, GE might be Bug and Grass since that's what he usually makes?
Sans - Psychic and Ghost, imo

Barring Shedinja since it's already an official Pokémon...
Mystique Sonia: I guess Normal? She doesn't have any elemental (aside from her ice block she can use to freeze and even then she needs to grab nearby snow or ice in order to do it) or supernatural attacks as far as I know.
Wario: Poison/Dark. Poison because haha toxic farts and Dark because he's EVIL (or just a greedy dick). Also makes use of the Dark bite moves such as Bite and Crunch with those chompers of his.
Randy Cunningham: Dark because he's a sneaky ninja with some underhanded tactics and maybe Fire type if he uses the Tengu fire Rage form.
Donkey Kong: Normal. He's a strong ape and nothing else. Probably Fighting but he doesn't have that martial arts refinement.
Akuma: Dark/Fighting. He has the Sastui No Hado and uses a dark martial arts used for assassination so it's a shoe in for a Dark typing and the Fighting type obviously comes from Akuma being a martial artist and has trained a lot.
Lawnmower: Steel. Maybe Dark too. It's literally a machine, well a murderous one at least.

Back