• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What percentage of a genre is what tier

To clear any confusion, I'll clarify- if there were 10 novel characters, and 9 of them were tier 9, then 90% of novel characters would be tier 9. That's what I mean. Curious to see how much fiction lies in the power department.

I think the word you're looking for is Medium? Examples of Mediums are movies, animation, video games, and books. Genre is like what type of video game; RPG, Fighting Game, First Persion Shooter, ect. Or what type of movie; Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Comedy, ect. Or what type of book.

are u refering to all fiction as a whole or vsbw exclusively? i wonder if the site has data for stuff like that id like to know which character profile has the most words

are u refering to all fiction as a whole or vsbw exclusively? i wonder if the site has data for stuff like that id like to know which character profile has the most words
vsbw because all fiction is impossible to scale

I would probably say
Visual novels have a lot of tier 2-1’s and tier 1 hax

Manga is imo too vast as a medium since it has 10-B’s all the way to Tier 1’s
But I’d say a lot of mainstream manga are between tier 8 and 7

Light Novels for the most part are like tier 9-8 but there’s plenty of outliers like Slime.

Mediums are kinda hard to guess so I can only give general ranges

We have 46 VNs listed in the category, with 4 just being Nasuverse +3 being a What a beautiful installment which makes 40 instead.
We have:

8 tier 1
13 tier 2
1 tier 3
1 tier 5
1 tier 6
4 tier 7
3 tier 8
5 tier 9
3 tier 10 (ignoring a guy having a gun)
1 Unknown

Meaning we have aound 30% of tier 2, 20% of tier 1, 12.5% of tier 9, 10% of tier 7, with the rest being around 5%

Since I only go by category, it includes stuff like Honkai, Blazblue, Re Zero or Kino Journey where VN isn't the main thing.

Ah... yes VN novels a cheap and easy way to make your fictional verse OP without needing overt feats such as blowing an universe. Just fill it to the brim with LORE as well as pseudo mathematical terms, add in a couple waifus (to get some notoriety) possibly an author self-insert too and boom you're more powerful than 90% of the profiles on this Wiki.

To be fair, most people seem to be indexing the more powerful VN's (Tier 1 fuckery), and don't really care about most other VN's. Since most of the VN's I have seen that are not on the wiki are just in the lower tier range. If you go to VNDB, most of the highest rated ones aren't really any powerful verses (with the exception of fate and umineko). The 2nd highest VN is Steins;Gate (Rightfully so), and the first one is Muv Luv alternative, and everything else is just drama and romance.

Katawa Shoujo still solos 90% of the wiki, though.

Last edited:
We have 46 VNs listed in the category, with 4 just being Nasuverse +3 being a What a beautiful installment which makes 40 instead.
We have:

8 tier 1
13 tier 2
1 tier 3
1 tier 5
1 tier 6
4 tier 7
3 tier 8
5 tier 9
3 tier 10 (ignoring a guy having a gun)
1 Unknown

Meaning we have aound 30% of tier 2, 20% of tier 1, 12.5% of tier 9, 10% of tier 7, with the rest being around 5%

Since I only go by category, it includes stuff like Honkai, Blazblue, Re Zero or Kino Journey where VN isn't the main thing.
well **** i owe you 100 dollars.

Ah... yes VN novels a cheap and easy way to make your fictional verse OP without needing overt feats such as blowing an universe. Just fill it to the brim with LORE as well as pseudo mathematical terms, add in a couple waifus (to get some notoriety) possibly an author self-insert too and boom you're more powerful than 90% of the profiles on this Wiki.
Actually you can do that with anything. Novels and video games can do this with even more ease.

Back