• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is/are your favorite pokemon and why? Elaborate

I just wanna know. There are lot's of people who aren't pokemon supporters yet played/liked something related to it. Thus i wanted to ask the simple question.

Who's your favorite?

Mine are,
Evidently,

Wigglytuff - i never liked them at the beginning but i began adoring this species after playing Mystery dungeon, guildmaster Wigglytuff's character made me enjoy the game more than i already did. His backstort sealed the deal. Generally wigglytuffs are underrated and outshined by jigglypuffs, but i was never really a jigglypuff fan. Wigglytuff's are big, comfy, cute and don't try to sing, causing you to fall asleep, and then draw on your face. This is the reason i like them.

Mewtwo - one of my all time favorite characters. Cold, stoik, strong... a bit of a cat... And just generally the fact that he remains that way without really dropping down into the edgelord hole. I adore the design and character of Mewtwo's and i just wish he wasn't shown as a punching bag in the manga and actually had a bit more spotlight as "the most powerful pokemon" or so the scientists constantly call him.
I like both megas doe.

Buzzwole - this is where my love for jojo shines through. Look man... Buff. Posing. Bigass. Mosquito. Who's an alien.
He is tough, buff and most importantly... Hilarious as heck lile BRUH HE HAS FLEXING TREES IN HIS DIMENSION LMAO. anyways his design is one of my all time favorites, they legit made a mosquito look epic.

What are yours?

Mew - It's cute, intelligent, elusive, just slightly mysterious, & it learns a huge variety of moves, so there's tons of interesting ways to run it & still have it be effective. & it can turn into any other Pokemon, too. Because of that, I like it in lore, appearance, character, gameplay, & in its abilities.

There are LOTS of Pokemon I like, but Mew is one of the few where I like it in so many aspects, & for me, that's an important distinction between Pokemon that are your favorite, & just Pokemon that you like.
(But if people want, I COULD ramble about Pokemon I like & why.)

Jigglypuff and Meloletta have always been close. My sister loves those gals, all their singing and adorableness. The same applies to Solosis, which I affectionately nickname ‘Bubble Butt’ for reasons you can probably tell, lol.

But if I were to pick a non-family induced Pokemon, Ditto. My first Shiny and just overall an awesome Pokémon lol

Probably a weird choice, but I really like the Octillery line. Octopuses are badass and I think it looks kinda cute in a weird way. It’s move pool is also really diverse, learning like a bunch of different moves from other types, even without TMs or tutors. Also Moody is probably my favorite Pokémon ability of all time.

Incineroar also comes to mind, but mostly because I love how they did him in Smash Bros lol, one of my favorite characters to play in that game.

Even though gamefreak's been giving this pokemon a lot of attention and forms recently, Charizard is still my favorite ever since I started playing pokemon, He was my first ever pokemon and had a lot of really fond memories with him, Plus his mega evolutions and designs in general are really awesome imo, There's other factors too.

Not my actual favorite like top 1 but imo this pokemon is underrated, Arceus, Imo he's really cool and his design is more complex than a "Llama stuck in a fence". I like the idea of a supreme being in the pokemon universe who started it all and is the father of all pokemon

gardevior
no particular reason
tumblr_nscwv1jeOD1qc6k86o1_500.gif

Aggron, with the mega stone it was so fun and OP to use, my mega Aggron took out a mega charizard X (My own team mate because he was attacking me for setting up) and a Lugia, another guy had a Lugia and I almost took him out. It is just busted, but if it got Nerfed that's sad, I haven't touched Pokémon in a while, Aggron is op with curse as a heavy hitting slow stone wall. I also like metal type Pokémon so that boosted how I enjoyed it, Scizor is a close second though.

Even though I'm not much into Pokemon anymore Lucario used to be my favorite lol from what I've seen of him in the anime and the movies. I think it was his actions in Lucario and Mystery of Mew that made me like him though I don't recall much of the plot of the movie anymore. He looks cool too so that's a bonus.

Last edited:
Lucario - I know I know that's a popular choice but I can't help it. His typing is fantastic, his design is incredible and he even got a very cool mega

Crobat - I never hated the Zubat line, and after playing through some nuzlockes with this one, I fell in love with it. It's speed is insane, the typing is great and it looks very cool

Infernape - Chimchar was my first ever Pokémon I ever got, so it alongside its evoloution line have a special place in my heart. Also Ash's Infernape is an absolute badass

Rowlet - Fell in love with it after seeing Ash's Rowlet. He's an icon. Decidueye is also really cool and with a very unique typing for a starter, so the entire line is cool

Chandelure - It's first form Litwick is adorable, it has a great design and cool typing for a pokemon. Probably my favorite pokemon based on an inanimate object

Mimikyu - Jessie's Mimikyu is an icon

Last edited:
Lucario - I know I know that's a popular choice but I can't help it. His typing is fantastic, his design is incredible and he even got a very cool mega

Crobat - I never hated the Zubat line, and after playing through some nuzlockes with this one, I fell in love with it. It's speed is insane, the typing is great and it looks very cool

Infernape - Chimchar was my first ever Pokémon I ever got, so it alongside its evoloution line have a special place in my heart
Aura guardian is that you?

Shedinja - Liked its spooky design and I find its gimmick ability, Wonder Guard, pretty entertaining as it can wall a few high tier Pokémon despite being it not very good most of the time.
Blastoise - My main Gen 1 water line I main, mainly to get around Brock's rock types and is generally useful throughout the game. Also liked its design, both cute with Squirtle and cool looking in its final form.
Swampert- My other favorite water starter line. Has a useful typing and cool design and color scheme, both base and Mega form.

My favorite is Rayquaza.

Why? Because he's ******* cool af. I recall playing a lot of Pokémon games, including Rom hacks, even though I barely recall any of the stories, I always remembered Rayquaza to be the coolest ******* pokemon ever.

IDK, I guess I just like green dragons.

*Nidoking - I dunno I've always found something incredibly appealing about his design, cry and Pokédex entries. If you were to ask me what is the quintessential "pocket monster?", Nidoking would be the first thing to pop in my head (also his shiny and gen 5 sprites are just awesomesauce).

*Giratina - Literally everything about Giratina is just epic for me. The lore, the different forms, the distortion world, the battle/encounter themes, the ghost/dragon typing and ofc that OG "jump-scare" in Platinum, easily my favourite legendary by far plus I can sorta empathise with being misunderstood too.

*Torterra - Pretty much hard carried my entire team during my very first Pokémon game (a gen 4 baby myself), he stood firm against many opponents (including beating half of Cythina's team) and essentially helped me get into the Pokémon franchise in general (I just found Turtwig to be so adorable plus it felt just "right" picking him since my character does come from Twinleaf town afterall which is ironic if you look closely at the top of Turtwig's head). I'll never forget you Tiggie!

*Giratina - Literally everything about Giratina is just epic for me. The lore, the different forms, the distortion world, the battle/encounter themes, the ghost/dragon typing and ofc that OG "jump-scare" in Platinum, easily my favourite legendary by far plus I can sorta empathise with being misunderstood too.
agree, I love it when you're a 10 year old slave trainer going to hell to fight the pokemon equivalent of satan.

Mega Ampharos - That goddamn hair.

Bisharp - I don't know exactly why tbh. I've always just been fond of the design. I think the typing combination and design of a samurai is extremely cool. I was also a huge fan of the Gen 5 battle sprite. It had swagger.

Galarian Moltres - By far one of my most favorite modern pokemon designs. The whole soul crushing effect from its sinister aura is a concept I've always liked.

Volcarona - Cool moth sun god. I need not say more.

Kyurem White/Black - (I like white a bit more) Easily top 3 fave legendaries. Kyurem being the first official fusion was the absolute coolest thing in the world to me. Also it just looks badass. Sick theme too.

Feraligart — My first stater ever and yet to be topped. Nothing short of amazing.

Shiny Male Meowstic — It's a rather specific choice to make, but I just happened to like Meowstic overall design and when through a quite memorable ordeal to get one for myself just to name it "Tails".

Riolu and Chimchar evolutionary line — Because it was my Team in Explorers of Sky. That's enough of a reason. Also Anime Infernape.

Mamoswine — Cool mamut. It was love at first sight.

Mimikyu — 'Cause reasons.

Ultra Necrozma: cuz he has a sick design and I like how he gets more powerful the more energy he absorbs, like the only reason this guy didn't absorb dialga/palkia was because of zygarde/the main character
I also like regice of course

Ultra Necrozma: cuz he has a sick design and I like how he gets more powerful the more energy he absorbs, like the only reason this guy didn't absorb dialga/palkia was because of zygarde/the main character
I also like regice of course
I'll give you your first like because I feel bad, and because you like regice of course.

Back