• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What do you guys think about Overpowered OCS?

As long as they have weaknesses and it doesn't stop them from struggling to fight back, then I don't care how overpowered they are.

I mean the whole idea of a villain hilariously overpowering the hero many times like it's nothing no matter how hard the hero tries. That sounds awesome because it makes the villain seem like such a huge threat. But the hero eventually needs to figure out a way on how to defeat them. If the villain eventually ends up struggling to fight back in the end and then loses.

Same. I got into a argument with someone(that was honestly uncalled for to me)in another wiki, and I think that it shouldn't matter how Op a OC is as long as they have weaknesses and a reasonable motive for their powers

Indeed. I mean I can understand why some people might not be a huge fan of OP characters.

Although I will admit that honestly, I prefer a small number of powers and abilities over a large number of powers and abilities. Only because it makes VS debating so much easier for me meaning that I don't have to read through walls of text or worry about missing any details. It makes it easier for me to remember how this character works as well. But that's just me, heh.

Nah, I'm fine. I'll be happy to see what other people have to say about this. That is, if anybody else responds.

Same here as it gets bored in long run if some characters are too op and cannot be defeted. It can be humorous to certain point like Peppy said, but it will begin taste like wood.

Heck, even myself have these kind op characters, but they go with story and at the end even it looked desperate to heroes, they manage to beat them with tiny little detail, which villains forgot.

a lot of OP characters here are blatantly made around the tiering system and couldn't care about any semblance of a story

Slapson said:
a lot of OP characters here are blatantly made around the tiering system and couldn't care about any semblance of a story
Eeyup. It's best to write down their powers, abilities and equipment first. Their tier, stats and stuff, I don't think about that until I write out a story. Eventually a feat will just randomly pop out of nowhere and then yeah I'll be all like "Okay, what level does that put them on?".

Like one good example of this would be the feat where Omen Grim blows up Damamster (A city inspired by Amsterdam because I've been there and it's a pretty nice city. :3) just suddenly popped up into my brain out of nowhere. I was just writing about the main characters fighting his soldiers there and then my brain suddenly just said "Omen Grim comes out of nowhere and blows up the city!" and then I was like "Woah! Okay, apparently that's gonna happen".

Like with some of my stories, I didn't exactly do that. But I actually wanted to put some of my characters on a specific tier just so that I could put them up against certain characters. Like, originally back when A&M Faction was a completely different story. I was gonna make a feat that would make them 8-C or High 8-C. But what I never told anybody is that I only made it that tier just so that I could put them up against RWBY characters. >_<

Depends on how it is handled within a story. I like saitama, I like Escanor from nnt, I like Yumeko Jabami. She op within her story not fight wise just making a point.

As long as they can make it interesting within the story idc. Though I feel people make characters to be a top within a tier.

For me I think of what tier I want them on first. Then I think about if I want them to have hax abilities or not.

It really don't matter as long as it is interesting. Not like based on personality, but how can you make this character be op af and still be interesting within the story. I can create a story where a character is already the strongest in the series and find a way to make it work. That's all that matters

Back