• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Well, may as well use him. Oryx vs Bang(One Punch Man)

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
A massive black-armored swordsman was tearing through Z-City, making a B-line towards the center, he had killed twenty heroes varying from C-A rank on his rampage, naught a scratch on him as he thrashed his way through the city. The black-armored swordsman heard a sudden voice "You have rampaged far enough, swordsman. but that stops now." Oryx stopped his rampage with the citizens running away from him and from what was about to commence. "And you believe you can stop me?" Oryx turned deftly to face the surprising old man who had spoken such bold words and the old one spoke "I am Bang, if you have any honor at all you will accept my challenge, it shall be a duel!" Oryx laughed, his burning red eyes flaring at the sight of such a bold opponent "If its a duel you desire, then you shall have it, between you and me, nobody else shall interfere! now prepare yourself, EN GUARDE!" Oryx finished his monolouge and used beams of light to make a massive circle and clearing everything around them in a 50 meter radius for the duel. both fighters drew their breath and the battle begun.
latest

i1zidxe8t3731.png

Speed equal(so the big O doesn't blitz)

O1 is used, you know to make it as fair as possible.

7-B Bang is used

they start 10 meters away from one another

battle is in Z-City

Oryx(upscales from 8.8 Megatons): 3

Bang (Above Baseline): 0

Saitama: 0

Battle Music. Alternate Battle Music

Last edited:
I'm going to do my observations here

Dura/AP/SS: should be similar to eachother, though Oryx does have a stupid scaling chain behind him, which i will post if wanted, though I'm not doing enough characters to warrant figuring it out.

LS: class 10 vs Class G, Bang ***** oryx here.

Stamina: won't come to this anyway, but they're fairly even.

Experience/Skill: Oryx has experience if we take Void Entity's statement of planning for eons literally and scaling oryx's age to entity and the fact that he has fought hundreds of ancestors to the nexus's people, but Bang should have skill here, gladiator/knight vs martial artist.

Hax: none really useful on both sides, oryx is wearing armor that doesn't seem to break before he dies and doesn't use his more scary hax in-character. Bang has instinctive reaction, attack reflection, and pressure points. The two formers are very useful against Oryx's Danmaku and one of which is eh at best since Bang is going to have limited time being close and not having Oryx be invulnerable or throwing bombs and shit everywhere.

Range: Oryx, obviously since he has ranged attacks, uses a sword and shield, and is nearly twice as tall as the classes. While bang... is a martial artist with no ranged attacks to speak of outside of throwing Oryx's shit right back at him.

you know what? screw it, im posting oryx's scaling chain.

Cube God=<most other event bosses(including rock dragon)=classes with T12 gear<Esben(okay I'm done trying to figure this scaling chain out, not going to make most of these profiles to have to anyway.) Davy Jones, Puppet Master(Encore), Ghost of Skuld, Lord Ruthven, Shaitan, Null, Nightmare Colony, Daichi, LoD Quadruo, Ivory Wyvern, Thessal, Tesseract Godess, Bes/Nut/Geb, Crystal Worm Father, Crystal Worm Mother, Crystal Entity, Avatar of the Forgotten King, The Forgotten Sentinel, Twilight Archmage, The Forgotten King, Malus(full power), Agonized Titan, Marble Defender, Marble Colossus(basically behind Oryx), Void Entity(tied with Oryx), Oryx Simulacrum, Stone Guardians, Janus, Giant Oryx Chicken, Tezcacoatl, El Dorado, Xolotl, F.E.R.A.L, Dammah, Gemsbock, Leucoryx, Beisa, Classes with T13 Gear, Classes with Tier 14 Gear, O2, and O3.

just for more observations from what little i remember of Bang in the anime(its been like a year since i last watched OPM) Oryx has some intense danmaku and once exalted comes out hes going to have the advantage in AP/Dura, though Abandonment will probably allow Bang to keep up or surpass Oryx in that regard. there's also the issue that when Oryx isn't completely invincible hes either staggered or throwing out Danmaku like a makeshift, more aimed to kill Touhou boss, while Oryx's Danmaku isn't Touhou levels of insanity, RotMG's danmaku is more aimed to kill, and Oryx has the best Danmaku in-verse.

im going to go more into Oryx's weaknesses here since Bang wont have his come into play.

Cockyness/Overconfidence: this is more of for the fact that Oryx taunts you every two seconds(hyperbole, but you get the point) even when he is getting his Mad God ass handed to him.

Fear of chickens/alchoholism: wont come into play, Bang is not a chicken and Oryx, while basically always drunk, doesn't let it slow him down at all during a fight.

Staggering: oh yeah, this is EXACTLY why i wanted to do this. if bang can get close and land enough hits he should be able to stagger Oryx, giving him time to whale on him with everything hes got before Oryx goes invulnerable and starts throwing danmaku around like its Christmas again, and Bang probably wont fall for Oryx's shield counter more then once, which Quiet and Sick are utterly useless here as Bang doesnt mana, or verse equalize mana, or have regeneration. Weak and Armor broken on the other hand would be nasty for Bang, lowering how much damage hes putting out(yes even with Oryx's own danmaku) and granting Oryx durability negation on everything he does for a bit respectively. and these ailments last for 30 seconds, enough to put the hurt on Bang if he gets hit.

Whelp, I see no counter arguments

Oryx FRA, as I see Oryx pulling the win more from the explanation above. He seems to have the AP advantage.

Well according to bang's profile "Bang is unwilling to learn new techniques and methods to beat an opponent or to think outside the box, as he put it, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." and as far as I know he hasn't faced anyone with danmaku so he might not try to use his attack reflection to reflect the attacks and while bang does have martial arts It doesn't seem to be useful against people with weapons and doesn't seem capable of getting past oryx's armor

as far as I know he hasn't faced anyone with danmaku so he might not try to use his attack reflection to reflect the attacks
He will use Attack Reflection to defend himself but I don't believe its enough for danmaku.

also, oryx has sword mastery so I dont know how close he can get to Oryx with his danmaku for long-range and him having extended melee range while bang gets up close.

Well according to bang's profile "Bang is unwilling to learn new techniques and methods to beat an opponent or to think outside the box, as he put it, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." and as far as I know he hasn't faced anyone with danmaku so he might not try to use his attack reflection to reflect the attacks and while bang does have martial arts It doesn't seem to be useful against people with weapons and doesn't seem capable of getting past oryx's armor
Blunt force, especially on Bang's level, is able to damage Oryx through his armor, its how the classes stand up to The Mad God, and its how Bang should be able to. And instinctive reaction is very useful here, to dodge Oryx's danmaku, especially once Exalted Oryx starts teleporting and shit.

Blunt force, especially on Bang's level, is able to damage Oryx through his armor, its how the classes stand up to The Mad God, and its how Bang should be able to. And instinctive reaction is very useful here, to dodge Oryx's danmaku, especially once Exalted Oryx starts teleporting and shit.
I thought it staggers, well at the very least it should be able to negate the pressure points and the instinctive reaction will help him dodge but he can't exactly attack while dodging, he'll eventually get hit at least when he runs out of stamina.

Last edited:
Also I dont know if he'll get close enough to damage since he'll be busy dodging oryx sword and the danmaku,

I though it staggers, well at the very least it should be able to negate the pressure points and the instinctive reaction will help him dodge but he can't exactly attack while dodging, he'll eventually get hit at least when he runs out of stamina.
Oryx can only be staggered during his stronger attacks, aka danmaku waves, during weaker attacks he guards himself. And Oryx has a bomb throwing attack that is perfect for Bang to get in close for some good damage.
Also I dont know if he'll get close enough to damage since he'll be busy dodging oryx sword and the danmaku,
Not denying that, but Oryx has different kinds of throwing danmaku around, some far easier to side step while dodging that sword then others, refer to the solo video for O3 on his page.

Also, I dont think I need to say this, but Oryx's type 4 is NOT combat acclible.

BTW does oryx fight with his sword while using danmaku, or is it like most games where he stands still while doing it because that could just destroy my argument.

BTW does oryx fight with his sword while using danmaku, or is it like most games where he stands still while doing it because that could just destroy my argument.
Oryx reasonably should be able to do both at once, but gameplay shows him swinging his sword for Danmaku as well, which would increase the hurt on Bang. Basically he can, but doesn't always use his sword in conjuction with Danmaku

Oryx reasonably should be able to do both at once, but gameplay shows him swinging his sword for Danmaku as well, which would increase the hurt on Bang. Basically he can, but doesn't always use his sword in conjuction with Danmaku
Aight, I guess for now oryx is more likely to win.

Isn't OPM undergoing major revisions right now?
none that would change Bang outside of seperating web and light novels, which both should have the same powers and abilities regardless so none that would change this fight.

none that would change Bang outside of seperating web and light novels, which both should have the same powers and abilities regardless so none that would change this fight.
But Bang scales to a lot of other characters which would no longer be composite.

But Bang scales to a lot of other characters which would no longer be composite.
bang would still scale to a city level feat, worse comes to worse i can just use the bang that is 33.87 Megatons still and all votes would still be valid.

Well, since bang is now baseline or above baseline I had to switch it to O1 for the sake of fairness, which frankly maybe even worse then 33 Megaton Bang vs O3, since O1 basically always has an AOE danmaku wave around himself and when he doesn't hes blasting massive lazers out like its Christmas.

Also all votes are still valid to my knowledge, cause once again Oryx has ridiculously good Danmaku up close and bang is a melee fighter with no other option except for throwing Oryx's shit right back at him, though O1 has far less intense Danmaku then when compared to O3, the fact that Oryx has no such bomb attack for Bang to get hits in and Oryx has a tendency to throw Weak out a crapton more make it hard for bang to do much of anything against Oryx without getting injured in the process

Back