• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Welcome to the new forum!

I'm not sure whether it's possible to upload from local drive yet but hey, looks pretty good.

Not going to enjoy putting all the archived threads on here

So when are we expecting to invite normal users?
I am not sure yet. We need to wait and see if there are any more problems for the staff first, and also make sure that the staff members have finished properly adjusting their user settings to not get spammed with email messages, and are able to handle themselves well enough to help the regular members reasonably well when they come here.

This includes learning how to properly evaluate and accept or reject new accounts that apply for membership here, depending on whether or not they are wiki members who signed up after May 11, don't have previously existing accounts here, and have informed an administrator or bureaucrat about it. Mind you, I am not sure how to do this yet either.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, something else to note: Don't comment on archived threads rn, someone did and a bunch of others got email notifications which reveals the new forum earlier than wanted.

Sooo does this site have something in the wiki where if you click on the specific tabs for whatever characters/verse is you’re looking at, it’ll show you all the threads related to said pages?

Don't comment on archived threads rn, someone did and a bunch of others got email notifications which reveals the new forum earlier than wanted.

Going to take a wild guess and say this was DMUA commenting on an FC/OC thread.

Going to take time getting used to threads being multiple pages long, or not having the ability to collapse posts. Also not sure how short links work or how to alter image sizes.

"or not having the ability to collapse posts. "

Did not even know you could do that on the other site.

You can spoiler stuff here though. Over on vbw people would just use a collapsible and title it spoilers or something

We don't seem to have the option to do blogs here, is that going to come eventually and the blogs we made are going to be automatically saved?
Well, I have brought up the issue with Community Hired since long ago, so I hope that we will be able to move our blogs here eventually, but it depends on whether or not Fandom thinks that it is important enough to cooperate with us in this regard.

Sooo does this site have something in the wiki where if you click on the specific tabs for whatever characters/verse is you’re looking at, it’ll show you all the threads related to said pages?
Unfortunately no. That would require Fandom itself to set up some sort of connection between the sites. It is a good idea to bring up to NoGround though.

@AKM sama @Promestein @Ryukama @Copetan

XenForo has no standard options for selected images. When highlighting important threads, we have to write down and use the direct image URLs instead:

1920x1080 px are the correct image proportions if you wish to upload an image to use in a highlight thread on your own, but preferably usually stick to the standard images that we designed depending on which wiki forum that they are relevant for. It simplifies things for our members.

Last edited:
XenForo has no standard options for selected images. When highlighting important threads...

Thank you it took me way too long to understand what you were implying lol, but I'm not sure how to highlight threads, I can't find the option anywhere

Didn't even see this, my b. Will probably take awhile for me to get used to this place. Hiya all.

Thank you it took me way too long to understand what you were implying lol, but I'm not sure how to highlight threads, I can't find the option anywhere
As a bureaucrat, you should have the ability to use "featured" at the top of threads, and select an existing image for that purpose.

Only use it if the thread is very important though.

@Antvasima Hey, so I'm trying to rework one of my CRT's to the coding on this forum, and I'm looking at the preview. there's a part on my CRT that's not showing up for some reason despite the text being right there. Is that a glitch or is it deleting my text out of left field?

@sultan Is there a glitch on the preview when you type out a long post? Some of the text I’m trying to see in a thread I’m trying to get ready is disappearing on the preview screen but the actual text I have is still on the post I’m making. Is that a visual glitch or is it deleting part of my post?

Is it possible to implement a feature where you can filter which forum's post you can see in the "Latest activity" tab? Because it'll make disco mod's jobs a living hell if we have to see all posts from 3 different forums all the time. It also doesn't help that you can't disable the likes from there as well.

@Ogbunabali

I think that you might have to simply check one sub-forum at a time for if there are any important new threads that you might need to help out with there, and it is also important that other members contact you if said important threads are about topics that you are listed as knowledgeable about in the wiki.

However, I do not think that Joke Battles and FCOC tend to be nearly as active as VS Battles, so that should help at least.

Unfortunately no. That would require Fandom itself to set up some sort of connection between the sites. It is a good idea to bring up to NoGround though.
NoGround replied that unfortunately it is extremely unlikely that Fandom will set up a direct link with this forum and the wiki in such a manner.

@Rodri_"Dante"

I do not think so. Sorry. This is just a forum after all. However, you still have that option in the wiki.

I also think animated GIF and large image signatures should be discouraged or prohibited.

A large amount of GIFs in sigs would increase page loading time on some threads, while large GIFS and images can be very intrusive. Yeah, you can turn off signatures, but it's a bit much to ask that many of our users do this to be able to browse through threads without obstruction.
^ I was going to bring this up eventually.

@Soldier_Blue

Our system administrator has now adjusted the signature settings for us so they do not turn nearly as obnoxious as otherwise.

I'm still churning new threads through the archiving grinder; what's the next process that we're on?

Yeah, full forum move needs to be moved first, and updated links. And, also Content Revisions should be made slowly/more conservatively with controversial verses especially being saved for later.

Medeus, AKM, and Soldier Blue are correct.

Back