• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Welcome to the new forum!

Yeah, full forum move needs to be moved first, and updated links. And, also Content Revisions should be made slowly/more conservatively with controversial verses especially being saved for later.
I could nake a thread on the old forum discussing how we should prioritize CRTs if you'd like. I've thought of doing it for awhile. That said, I'm currently in class, so I won't be able to do it now.

The issue with prioritizing specific CRT's is that some verses that have been meaning to apply simple revisions for the longest time will have to wait even longer because beefier and more important revisions will be given priority over small changes, I don't know a proper way to start this, because I know that many many people have many CRT's they need to get done, I mean pretty much every verse has CRT's that need to get done

Anyway, I am currently waiting for a reply from Sultan regarding how it works when we evaluate whether or not we should accept or reject new members to the forum.

After that, I should probably have enough information to start writing a highlighted migration explanation thread for the rest of our community.

After that has been published, I will need help from the rest of the staff with various very important issues:

1) We need to finish our discussion threads backup project, and then copy the list from it to a pinned and discussion thread in the content revision sub-forum here.

2) In conjunction, we need to continuously close almost all ongoing threads in the old forum, while linking to the migration explanation thread. The exceptions that should not be closed are the migration explanation thread itself, the rule-violations reports thread, the discussion backup threads, and possibly some other thread that we start about the migration process.

3) The members who joined after early May 11 this year will not have automatic accounts here in the new forum, and will have to sign up individually. They will be told to preferably pick identical usernames to the ones they use in the wiki, or extremely similar ones if that isn't possible, and then tell our administrators about what usernames they used to sign up here, so we can accept the legitimate wiki members to sign up to our new forum.

Point 3 is what I need more information from Sultan about.

I mean, small changes are also fine. I would also distinguish simple revisions from major verse wide revisions. If it's just a simple calculation corrections that changes stats slightly, those are fine too. But stuff like "Major verse wide upgrades" or "Major verse wide downgrades" are also things that should be saved for last.

Also, after our members have properly understood how to sign in or sign up to this forum, we will have to start our versus thread links updating project. In preparation, I will have to remove all rollback rights from the dozens of regular members that I have granted them to previously, so we can focus more properly on this single thing for a while, and I do not get too distracted by my regular patrolling work.

NoGround has agreed to give the volunteers for this project temporary Bot account statuses, which will allow them to edit thousands of pages without completely spamming the recent changes page.

In addition, Fandom has now blocked adding any direct links to *************** or manga scanslation sites to the wiki via an automatic content filter, so all pages that contain such links will not be possible to edit until they have been removed or replaced with individual scans from the wiki or image hosting sites, so we likely need to handle this in conjunction, or it won't be possible to edit many of the pages.

@DemonGodMitchAubin @DarkDragonMedeus

Well, the problem is that if we allow content revision threads right from the start, very few people will focus on helping us with getting our absolutely necessary big projects done, and we will drown in chaos before we get things somewhat in order instead.

@DemonGodMitchAubin @DarkDragonMedeus

Well, the problem is that if we allow content revision threads right from the start, very few people will focus on helping us with getting our absolutely necessary big projects done, and we will drown in chaos before we get things somewhat in order instead.
I understand that, I mean't after getting those first major things done, when CRT's are finally allowed to be made, I feel a "One CRT per verse at a time" rule should be implemented in at that time

Okay. Well, I am not sure how to properly mitigate the upcoming tidal wave, especially as I won't be able to help out with organising them to the same extent as prior to the partial wiki lockdown, due to not wishing to work 14 hours a day 7 days a week again, but one content revision per verse at a time seems rather reasonable.

I'm assuming we're just going to be closing active threads? Because otherwise we're looking at nearly 80k threads.

Also how will the links to VS threads work in the profiles now? Will we also have to manually switch each and every last one of the links already there with those in the new forum? Is it possible to automate the process with bots, for either of these tasks?

I'm assuming we're just going to be closing active threads? Because otherwise we're looking at nearly 80k threads.
Yes, of course. If people start or reply to ongoing threads, you should all preferably help out with closing them while providing a link to our official migration thread in the old forum.

Also how will the links to VS threads work in the profiles now? Will we also have to manually switch each and every last one of the links already there with those in the new forum? Is it possible to automate the process with bots, for either of these tasks?
We only have a few members with Bots with the mass-editing program for this, but the process likely cannot be entirely automated. The program in question can probably search for such links, but they then have to be manually replaced.

@Rodri_"Dante"

You still preferably need to replace that soul-ripping statement with something harmless.

We only have a few members with Bots with the mass-editing program for this, but the process likely cannot be entirely automated. The program in question can probably search for such links, but they then have to be manually replaced.
I'd imagine we'd need a total list of pages with said links then, in alphabetical order as well as a project to divide the labor.

@Antvasima can’t we mix some CRT’s for certain verses together if they have some similar upgrades? Just to cut down on the amount of threads that need to be made?

also how exactly does the report and warning button work? Like, does it notify other staff members or does it ping the user about what they're doing wrong or?

I have a report and a ban button. Not sure how the report button works though.

I think the report button notifies the bureaucrats. Zark used it on herself earlier. You should try reporting and warning someone who is not an admin or discussion mod and see how it works. That's the whole point of staff being here first and testing out things, isn't it.

So does that mean I could test the ban button on a regular user?

Well, you should obviously not carry through a ban on an innocent regular member, but I think that you would have to go through with more steps afterwards to actually do so.

By the way, have everybody visited the following thread and appropriately adjusted your settings?

I have a request for all mobile phone users here:

If you encounter any design bugs for the forum, please submit screenshots and links for them here, so Sultan can try to fix them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think I'm going to be exclusively using desktop so can't help much there.

By the way, have everybody visited the following thread and appropriately adjusted your settings?

I have, I believe I haven't missed anything or got something incorrect

Also the timestamp for when the comments are posted is acting weird. Ant's comment said it posted like a few hours from now? Is that just timezone shenanigans or what?

You should try reporting and warning someone who is not an admin or discussion mod and see how it works. That's the whole point of staff being here first and testing out things, isn't it.

I've tested this on a regular user, and I don't see any notifications on the admin dashboard in regards to it.

Also the timestamp for when the comments are posted is acting weird. Ant's comment said it posted like a few hours from now? Is that just timezone shenanigans or what?
Thank you. I will inform Sultan about this issue.

This thread will be filled quite spectacularly when this opens up to the entire wiki.

Speaking of which, aside from the link updating, bug fixing and the archiving of important threads, what else is there to do?

Well, I have to write a letter together with AKM sama, that explains the organisation for our migration process, and that will be released after Sultan has corrected some bugs and problems that we found.

Fandom has also blocked the use of direct links to illegal scanslation sites, so we have to update or remove all of them to be able to edit the affected profile pages.

As for this thread, we are no longer restricted by a 500 posts limit in this forum.

Back